Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apparently Liberty is just too successful to bother with customer retention.

Options
  • 14-04-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I spent the last few days getting quotes for a commercial van that's been off the road for a couple of years.  The only company that refuses to give me a quote is Liberty - the company that currently insures my car!  I have given everyone the same information, but Liberty refuses to quote because I don't have a current NCT for the vehicle. 

First off, it will require a DOE, not NCT.  The agent didn't even acknowledge this when I said it, she just kept repeating that I needed to get an NCT before she would give me a quote.

Secondly, I have told all the other companies I've dealt with in the past few days that the vehicle has no current tax, DOE, or insurance. NONE of them, except Liberty, have had a problem giving me a quote.

The fact that I may not be able to make a claim until the DOE is successfully completed is not the point. The point is that I want to know what my options are.  Does Liberty expect me to ring them from the DOE center to get a quote and coverage the moment it passes?  Or do they expect me to drive it with a valid DOE, but no insurance until it's convenient for them?  

At the moment there is 100% chance that I will be insuring the van with another company and a 99.9% chance that I will be taking my car insurance elsewhere upon renewal in June.

Liberty's call center telephone agents leave a lot to be desired.  Between renewals and other conversations, only ONCE can I remember getting off the phone from Liberty without being upset by the agent.  The lady who processed my proof of NCB seemed to like her job. She was efficient, pleasant, and helpful.  She's actually the reason I bothered trying to get a quote for the van as I've been quite disenchanted with Liberty.  Unfortunately I didn't think of that until I had hung up and ended up getting another unpleasant, apathetic agent that just wasted my time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Liberty Insurance: Ruth

Hi rider66

Please PM me your details and I will look into this for you.

Regards

Ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rider66

I'm not sure what details you want.  I'd be glad to communicate with you if you can please tell how you might be able to help.   Can you give me a quote for my van?  Since my car insurance is not up for renewal until the middle of June, I don't see how you can help me with that yet.  I had also been trying to find out about multi-vehicle discounts from Liberty, but never got any answers to that question either.  I tried to make my problems very clear in my first post.  If you still feel you can be of assistance to me and somehow renew my faith in the company you represent, please tell me what information you need and I will gladly PM you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Liberty Insurance: Ruth

Hi rider66,

If you PM me your name and contact number I will give you a call to discuss this.

Regards

Ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rider66

I sent my contact details about 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten any phone calls, and no one has contacted me here either.  Now my auto policy is up for renewal. Why should I stay with Liberty?

Advertisement