Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

• 20-09-2011 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

I think there was talk of one of these type of threads a while back and since i'm looking for something i though i'd start it.

I'm looking to get small paper cups in gawlay city. small dixie cups like these ones for making jelly shots
    RPEGG.jpg

Anyone have an idea where i can get them before saturday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭jkforde

anyone know where to get replacement bulbs for bathroom shaver lights, checked in B&Q and one of the fellas said they can't get them. the blown one i have is a GE, 60W, ~28cm long. will try the shop opposite St. Nicholas' church on Lombard St.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

jkforde wrote: »
    anyone know where to get replacement bulbs for bathroom shaver lights, checked in B&Q and one of the fellas said they can't get them. the blown one i have is a GE, 60W, ~28cm long. will try the shop opposite St. Nicholas' church on Lombard St.

There's a lighting and electrical shop at Westside, Murphy's I think. Also one out at Briarhill - DID Electrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I had a similar problem with trying to get a bulb. Flaherty Markets in the Ballybane Industrial Estate between the N6 and N17.

Can someone name the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Can someone name the road?

Now I don't trust the names on google maps as far as I can throw its server farm but the road is labeled Bóthar na Mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Bóthar na Mine is correct as far as I can tell, roadsign can be seen when you turn in at the Tuam road entrance. Signposts in the area also helpfully (!) indicate Ballybane industrial estate, Glenrock business park and possibly others.
    This is a good area to check for your bulb though, Flaherty Markets, McDonagh Hardware and Peter Curran lighting all in the same area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you can't find it anywhere else, bring the old bulb with you to CT Electric on Sean Mulvoy Rd, never let me down yet for any type bulb, fixtures etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Fatguy, I am looking for x in Galway. Can you help me find x in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

jkforde wrote: »
    Try one of the Woodies. I bought one there a while ago, then dropped it and bought another.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

wet-paint wrote: »
    Fatguy, I am looking for x in Galway. Can you help me find x in Galway?

92866_findx.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,863 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Most of us are trying to avoid our Xs in Galway :-S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I am looking for superglue and a few bathroom or kitchen tiles. For separate use, before anyone starts telling me it won't work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ficheall wrote: »
    I am looking for superglue and a few bathroom or kitchen tiles. For separate use, before anyone starts telling me it won't work.

Where are you looking?

I've got a bunch of odd kitchen tiles left over. You can have them for free if you take them all away.
    http://img.ie/b9138.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Interesting... could you provide an approximate width for those long ones? We only need a few squares to make some underwater chess and Go boards, but if they're big enough we'd gratefully take them off your hands, depending on location as we've no vehicular transportation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I know where you can procure a pvc catsuit though lol.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Would anyone know where to get wire hangers in Galway? Either to buy or take for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Where in Galway could I buy a specific MP3 Player Battery anyone know?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Maplins?

Hard to guess if you don't mention the specific battery you're after, maybe you can't buy a replacement battery for your mp3 player?

Phone shops

There was a phone repair and sales place above the joke shop on Shop Street, they sold alsorts. Is it still open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Cool will try those places, had never even though of Maplins actually, never even go in there, that would be ideal I'd say. Had wondered if CarphoneWarehouse did ..... Might try those few anyway. Thanks for the helpful non-smart replys folks! :D :rolleyes: No Thanks to the Smarties! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Is this thread still working? *knock knock*

I'm looking for halloumi, the cheese .. I've found it in Dunnes but it was super pricey compared to say feta.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

I get it in Sheridans cheesemongers. It's probably not any cheaper than Dunnes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,863 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I think thats Greek?
    If so its Greek week in Lidl till Sunday. I know they have Tzatziki, Vine Leaves, Halva etc. but I didnt check the cheese but its possible they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

rain on wrote: »
    Is this thread still working? *knock knock*

I'm looking for halloumi, the cheese .. I've found it in Dunnes but it was super pricey compared to say feta.

They have it in Tesco and Tesco express, I think it's around €3 or €3.50. They also have it in the Mediterranean shop in Westside, but I don't think it's any cheaper than Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Evergreen and McCambridges have it, its not cheap anywhere, standard price seems €3 and above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

€3 would be grand, it was a fiver in Dunnes! The Evergreen that I looked in didn't have it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Try Aldi too. I don't know if they have it, but do have lots of cheeses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

rain on wrote: »
    €3 would be grand, it was a fiver in Dunnes! The Evergreen that I looked in didn't have it either.
    The one in town usually has it, fairly sure its under a fiver in both McCambridges and Evergreen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Is there a dentist that opens outside office hours in Galway? When do all you 9-5ers get ye're gnashers cleaned? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement