Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MSPaint your favourite movie Scene tournament.

• 27-11-2019 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭

After the success of the previous games, a new MS paint game with a twist.. no describers.

A knock-out MS Paint competition, decided by Boardies.

I am asking you to MSPaint(you can use any alternative you want) your absolute favourite movie scene. From previous games it looks like the more surreal the better.

You can PM me your entries and when I have a decent number of entries I will use an online tournament maker to pit them against each other.

RULES:
    1.MSPaint is preferable for effect, but any alternative is allowed
    2. Post images to imgur and forward the link to me by PM
    3. Include the movie in the PM
    4. The image with the most thanks after a certain time limit(TBD) progresses, no reasons needed.

An example is below(not mine)

602920-pfic.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My fave movie scene would be :o mushy, kissy-face, romantic stuff ...and nobody wants to see that! :rolleyes:

Great thread Trigger, count me in please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Deja Boo wrote: »
    My fave movie scene would be :o mushy, kissy-face, romantic stuff ...and nobody wants to see that! :rolleyes:

Great thread Trigger, count me in please :D

Well it would depend on how you draw it I suppose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

In

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

In!

3 pics submitted so far, hopefully get a few more in.. will leave sign ups open as long as possible anyways, there is no rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

In, are we submitting straight away or waiting till sign up closes?

Killinator wrote: »
    In, are we submitting straight away or waiting till sign up closes?

Submit straight away, I'll close sign ups when I have enough pictures to start the knock-out :D

Sorry probably wasnt clear in the OP

I must get working on something so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Oops I was waiting for sign-ups to close - will hopefully have something tomorrow :)

Fun game Trigger, thanks!
    giphy.gif
    (promises no mushy scene)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I'm in. Will get something to you over the weekend.

Great idea trigger. Only a genius could come up with something like this. I'd like to praise your intelligence and ingenuity with this one!

inside joke: i also thought of doing something like this lol

Sorry I haven't got mine in yet, very busy in work the last week. Basically working and sleeping

Killinator wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't got mine in yet, very busy in work the last week. Basically working and sleeping

There is no rush, I'll be leaving it open until I get enough anyways, so far I have 3 pics submitted with 3(including yours) to come

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sure go on so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was going to knock up something for this, but from what I've read, folks are taking it seriously and producing masterpieces, so don't want to make a show of myself.
    Are the entries anonymous? :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    I was going to knock up something for this, but from what I've read, folks are taking it seriously and producing masterpieces, so don't want to make a show of myself.
    Are the entries anonymous? :pac:

It's all fun and games Posy, if you look at the previous MS paint games there is all different levels of talent and artistry. There is no making a show of anyone here in FG, every single picture painted/drawn has come from a posters work and time and the posters here understand that. Having fun while doing your picture is the most important thing.

But to answer your question,

The artists will only be made known at the end of the game. It will be anon up till then

All pics are (truly) great fun to see! :D ...no judgment whatsoever. :)

Like Triggs said, "From previous games it looks like the more surreal the better." ...and as Rikand said, "[MSPaint] creates some funny images because of its limitations."

It's fun to see where everyones humour takes them :D it's not about skill in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I'm in. I know, I know, I'm getting one of my non-Linux machines out now, ok?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'll PM you my masterpiece this evening. :pac:

Up to 6 entries so far with a 3 or 4 to come.. the submissions have been great so far.

Thanks all

• Advertisement

Another submission received, and I have to say.. WOW! :D

Hoping to get this up to 16 entrants at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

i will defo be in Trig. just haven't had a chance to art yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Would like to get in on this please.

Would like to get in on this please.

Fire away, just send me a PM with the link to the pic when done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

?? Any update s?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Apologies.

I have only received 7 entries so far, I'll leave it open till Sunday week and if no more entries are submitted I'll figure something out for a reveal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I will try an entry!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Is it too late to give this a go? Only seeing it now, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Eeden wrote: »
    Is it too late to give this a go? Only seeing it now, sorry!

Reveal ain't happened yet, so I'm sure everybody would be pleased with more entries.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the entry Eeden.

I have 8 entries now and really hoping to get a few more.. there has been a few that have given their intention so hopefully they can get it into me before Sunday Evening.

If anyone that has already drawn, wishes to submit a second picture that is fine with me.

Thanks
    Triggs

Advertisement