Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Oh, I liked WW2 too, MrsF. Except for the powerplay that is :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've liked all formats of the four games to date. However, each game has increased in complexity which might be off putting to new players so having a 'Vanilla' game every now and then wight be a good idea. The more players that join up the better - fresh blood ;) and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Can we gag him for at least an hour then to give the game a chance :D

Nah, just get the GM to email him every morning telling him his role has now changed --- watch all hell break loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

quickbeam wrote: »
    Oh, I liked WW2 too, MrsF. Except for the powerplay that is :):p

My hubby created the powerplay, was fine at the time to explain but hard for others to understand. Created a lot of confusion. I didn't want to use it but we tried it anyway lol.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I've liked all formats of the four games to date. However, each game has increased in complexity which might be off putting to new players so having a 'Vanilla' game every now and then wight be a good idea. The more players that join up the better - fresh blood ;) and all that.

What we could do is a quick fire vanilla game so we can introduce noobs to the game before we play a more complex game. I am still at home as not started looking for a job yet so am willing to run one like that if others agree?

• Advertisement

What we could do is a quick fire vanilla game so we can introduce noobs to the game before we play a more complex game. I am still at home as not started looking for a job yet so am willing to run one like that if others agree?

sounds good to me.
    Do we have many "noobs" in the mix for the next game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Boards.ie Mark has just explained the WW game better and more concisely than anyone who I've seen play a game has ever done.

I was getting the next game prepared but I can put my game on hold for the Christmas extravaganza if you'd prefer. What we do need to do is start a thread that Sully can edit the OP in and start planning when the games are coming up and who is modding them so we don't have this "who's running it" every time.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Could we run just a simple game a-la WWI for new people? And then unleash the complexity for Christmas?

Yeah I'd way prefer to try a simpler game next

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Shall we do WW V as the quickfire vanilla game so?

I think a vanilla game is good, but don't see why it needs to be quickfire. WW1 lasted a week, like all others since.

• Advertisement

We could probably get a quickfire game up and running this weekend if everyone who signed up was agreeable. I can set the forums up for MrsFD and then log out.

I think a vanilla game is good, but don't see why it needs to be quickfire. WW1 lasted a week, like all others since.

I'm using quickfire more in terms of setting the game up and probably with a smaller number of players. The list currently stands at around 18 for the game.

Ah, I getcha now. Just checked the list and only Degrassi and Mr.Molly (:p) are noobs, at least on Boards. I've no idea how much experience they have outside of that.

But maybe some of the others who've lurked around, Strawberry Milkshake springs to mind, would be tempted by a simple version to get them going?

I'd love to start a thread on AH but I asked before to unlock the old sign up thread and was told that was a no go. Pain in the arse but the people who acted like dicks in the original game thread would get their knickers in a twist again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Maybe just start a thread with a link to the forum?

I'd love to because I think it's easily the best place to get recruits but I'd be worried that I'll get yet another infraction if I do. My record is checkered enough already thanks to political threads and the odd football one :)

I just posted on my FB page as well, there are a few who used to play years ago that don't post on the other forums any more. Hopefully we can get some interest and some fresh blood for a game!

Thank crunchie it's Friday. Friday only means one thing.

Mocha with marshmallows from the coffee shop in work. So unbelievably tasty so they're my Friday treat.

It makes work somewhat bearable too. Win win.

Thank crunchie it's Friday. Friday only means one thing.

Mocha with marshmallows from the coffee shop in work. So unbelievably tasty so they're my Friday treat.

It makes work somewhat bearable too. Win win.
    My Friday work treat is.... wearing jeans... :D

As a pose to a skirt the other days?

• Advertisement

As a pose to a skirt the other days?

:eek:

suit!!!

Ah good old casual Friday.

When I was an undergrad I had to do a 6 month work placement. It was in a science company but a lot of my work initially was at a desk, so I was informed I had to wear office attire.

Nobody told me about casual Friday on my first week :(

Ah good old casual Friday.

When I was an undergrad I had to do a 6 month work placement. It was in a science company but a lot of my work initially was at a desk, so I was informed I had to wear office attire.

Nobody told me about casual Friday on my first week :(

It's not so much casual Friday, but we rarely have meetings foisted upon us on Fridays so I take a chance... I am risk taker like that :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

My Friday work treat is I don't have work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'm also feeling the Friday feeling! Especially coz I'm at a conference all week next week, kinda feels like holidays! :) I'm also a Friday jeans wearer, yeah for casual Friday!!
    :D

(Task: say the same day of the week three times in one post :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

My Friday feeling is x100 as I'm off on two weeks holidays. Post-marathon recovery for me and the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Oh I just found out yesterday that I'm going away somewhere sunny on November 21st. Woo! And I'm allowed drink again now.

I work in an office yet still wear jeans and a Polo shirt every day. I'm working from home today though so Boxers will do.

At least you're wearing those! :)

• Advertisement

At least you're wearing those! :)

Maybe

Advertisement