Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

The smoked haddock one are gorgeous! Was very surprised when I had them at how good they were for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Elvis Lennon

Have to agree they are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Looking forward to getting them now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The fishcakes are even a better deal as they are flashed XXL, 400g instead of 320g
    Go go go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

snubbleste wrote: »
    The fishcakes are even a better deal as they are flashed XXL, 400g instead of 320g
    Go go go

Yep, just got some more, 5 in the pack instead of 4! Happy days!

• Advertisement

Bump! Sunflower oil is excellent deal
    Gg3o2xE.png?3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Bump! Sunflower oil is excellent deal
    ]
    Definitely worth the bump

In store sign says limit of 10 per customer

Best before 31Oct 2017

Next weekend 30 -31 July

392530.jpg

Is the Granola nice? Recommend?

Next weekend 06 and 07 August
    393108.jpg

• Advertisement

Bump: The water is flowing out the door:rolleyes:

And:
    Next weekend 13-14 August
    Great to see the kitchen rolls back

393684.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I didn't know there were limits on what you can buy. I was told in my local store that it was 10 of any item that's on offer. I picked up a box of baby wipes that contains 12 packs and was told I could only have 10 packs.

zerks wrote: »
    I didn't know there were limits on what you can buy. I was told in my local store that it was 10 of any item that's on offer. I picked up a box of baby wipes that contains 12 packs and was told I could only have 10 packs.
    How many babies do you have? :eek:

How many babies do you have? :eek:

You'd be amazed how many uses they have,clean kids, spills,car dashboards, trainers, you name it.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

You'd be amazed how many uses they have,clean kids, spills,car dashboards, trainers, you name it.

you still flaad it pure greed

It seems to be a maximum of 10 for non perishable and frozen
    and a maximum of 5 for fresh such as the cod fillets.

Staff have definitely been informed of the limits and it is being monitored.

As long as you don't go mad, most will put more than 10 through in 2 transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Glad to see some limits on the fresh food in any case. Don't know how many times I've been behind some guy in chef's trousers buying up the store! Think it's fair to give as many people the opportunity to avail of the offers.

Probably not as important for the non-fresh offers. Staff offering to split the transaction is decent of them, as long as no one is taking the piss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

ROY RACE wrote: »
    you still flaad it pure greed

Not greed at all I will be going to my local store shortly and I will buy as many as they will sell me

They shouldnt have stuff on offer if that cant keep it in stock

Bazzy wrote: »
    Not greed at all I will be going to my local store shortly and I will buy as many as they will sell me

They shouldnt have stuff on offer if that cant keep it in stock

I think your first sentence is an example why the second sentence is daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wallaby72

I wonder how many people bought the bottled water that objected to paying water rates :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I find lidl are very inconsistent with enforcing the limits for the weekend offers. When they had the oil on offer a few weeks ago I saw four women allowed purchase trolley loads of oil without issue. They took every last bottle that was in the shop.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I'm just home from buying the baby wipes. A woman ahead of me bought the full of a trolley of the water that's on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

All this talk of greed is nonsense. If people are using the stuff they purchase then why shouldn't they buy whatever Lidl sell them? Baby wipes don't go out of date and if you have babys then their arse need to be cleaned. Why not buy as many as you can when they're cheap?

SteM wrote: »
    All this talk of greed is nonsense. If people are using the stuff they purchase then why shouldn't they buy whatever Lidl sell them? Baby wipes don't go out of date and if you have babys then their arse need to be cleaned. Why not buy as many as you can when they're cheap?

I picked up another 6 packs earlier,I have a one year old and a 4 year old in the house so they get used up pretty quickly.

What I hate are people snapping up bargains purely to profit from them,I saw it happen before when a woman filled 2 trolleys with plants from Lidl (she owns a garden centre) and was laughing with her friend about the money she would make selling them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

We've twin boys which is why I went and got the wipes far from greed

The recession has taught us to be wise with money

wallaby72 wrote: »
    I wonder how many people bought the bottled water that objected to paying water rates :rolleyes:

SMH
    You're some idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

wallaby72 wrote: »

Most people would buy bottled water because tap water in their area is vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

SteM wrote:

It's when people are clearly buying in bulk to sell on or for the catering trade that pisses people off. And they're usually ridiculously easy to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

Dial Hard wrote: »
    It's when people are clearly buying in bulk to sell on or for the catering trade that pisses people off. And they're usually ridiculously easy to spot.

I'm specifically talking about the talk earlier where people were talking about bulk buying baby wipes and were being called greedy. That was nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Estrellita wrote: »
    Most people would buy bottled water because tap water in their area is vile.

And the tap water is vile because there's no money to upgrade the treatment plants, and people won't pay Irish Water charges because the tap water is vile, and the water is vile because.........

Anyhoo, what about cheap bananas in Lidl then?

Advertisement