Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

And Ctrl+F doesn't display ping anymore. It's incredibly annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Seaaan wrote: »

My guess is they disabled it because the new HUD has it as standard, but didnt account for the period where we dont have it in ranked. It really is very annoying, I was so used to pressing ctrl+f as soon as a game started and I keep spamming it every time forgetting it doesnt work anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    My guess is they disabled it because the new HUD has it as standard, but didnt account for the period where we dont have it in ranked. It really is very annoying, I was so used to pressing ctrl+f as soon as a game started and I keep spamming it every time forgetting it doesnt work anymore.

Same, and I never know that my ping is a lil high until it's too late now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Whats the verdict on Elise gentlemen? Were the buffs over the last two patches enough to bring her up from the bottom of the barrel? I really enjoyed playing her (when she was OP :D) but haven't played her since. Anyone tried her out since the round of buffs? I don't want to play her in ranked just yet, but i don't want to play any other mode :rolleyes: Seen Voyboy taking her top and doing well enough with her.

Never played GP before but the "feel" of the character is really nice but his kit feels...awkward, well just his E. Riot really nailing the feel of playing characters lately, especially Sion

Her winrate has gone up by 10% since 5.14 came in, she is now back in top-10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

shes like nidalee i.e. in skilled hands shes class in bad hands she's awful

shes like nidalee i.e. in skilled hands shes class in bad hands she's awful

Her skillcap is a lot lot higher than Nidalee imo. but I agree Elise in a bad players hands is a trainwreck generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I tried Elise once and I hated her.

Too much thinking, do I tank with spiderlings, do I change forms? WHAT DOES Q DO IN THIS FORM!!! No idea how to build her aswell

I thought with her ult she could land anywhere she selected :P

Same with Nidalee, thank god the days of nidalee support/mid is over.

You should learn her, I played quite a few games with her over the weekend, she is insanely powerful at the moment, even stronger than her old state, I think she will definitely be nerfed next patch.

The recommended build for her is bad though, I think it's better to go cinderhulk instead of runeglaive and then frozen heart, and it's obviously more forgiving too.

Yeah i took her to ranked over the last few days and she is really ****ing strong right now. Her ganks are godlike. The long range cocoon, the mini gap closer on Q and her rappel.

Most games i have built her, Runeglaive > Rylai's > Haunting Guise > Tanky****. Boots depending on the situation and mixing up Rylias and Guise depending on how the ganks went. With those 3 damage items she can 100 - 0 a squishy with her full combo at any stage in the game.

Spell Pen Reds
    Armour Yellows
    Scaling CDR Blues Nope flat CDR Blues
    AS Quints at the moment but i plan to get hybrid pen quints when i get the IP

• Advertisement

Okay, I play her differently, I use ap glyphs and quints, mpen marks and hp seals and 21/9/0 cdr, ad and ap masteries. This gives me enough damage early game, my reasoning is that since shes useless lategame, I go 1 tank item + cinderhulk then 1/2 dmg items, and then this I think is really strong up to end of mid-game. The only down side to this Ive found is when there is a fair bit of hard cc, then I struggle really a lot.

But I saw the build you have before on probuilds and it looks like it could be a lot of fun. I guess in retrospect hybrid quints seems like a superior choice, but it never occured to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Seaaan wrote: »

Works for me still

What I can't see is my characters MR AR and Speed etc which is quite annoying.
    You should be able to customise your hud to display how much/little info you like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Works for me still

What I can't see is my characters MR AR and Speed etc which is quite annoying.
    You should be able to customise your hud to display how much/little info you like

There's a button by your portrait that displaysall of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

rawn wrote: »
    There's a button by your portrait that displaysall of that
    Or 'C'.

I always use it to check penetrations.

:pac:

I'm glad they are changing the HUD a bit on the PBE. Felt like way to much information was crammed down into the bottom middle and right of the screen. Seems better now but I still don't like those team mate portraits

Won 3 games in a row playing Trundle support :P

He has good harass as long as theres no ranged support. If Blitz/Thresh sits in a bush waiting for hook you can pillar them and kill them easy. When a teamfight breaks out just ult the tank and he should melt.

FOTM-Sight stone-Frozen heart-Mobi boots-Locket-and either righteous glory or thornmail

Mordekaiser, Gangplank, Skarner, Fiora, Garen and Darius reworks

I love the Gangplank abilities but his new, new model is bad.

Fiora is still Fiora, though she can be a tank buster now

New Darius seems to be a nerf :/

Mordekaiser can ult the dragon and use him as a ghost :o

Only Gangplank and Fiora are live, rest are still on PBE

They are really throwing a spanner in the works with the Morde rework, and to a lesser extent the Skarner one. They want to have Morde in the bot lane with a support and he doesn't get reduced XP gain when in a lane with another ally. No idea how they are going to work it. Even with a level advantage he will get poked so hard in lane and lose so much HP from his abilities by the time he hits 6 he will have such low health his level advantage will mean nothing. Unless ofcourse they change his kit a a bunch

Took AP Aatrox mid in my last two games. I lost both, but thats not to say its bad :rolleyes:

The damage from his ult + E is insane with a AP build, its possible to 100-0 a squishy in less than a second, but i find his sustained damage is lacking. I will maybe take a Lichbane for that extra bit of damage on my autos. Also had 0% CDR so i gotta imcorperate some CDR into my build for E spam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Took AP Aatrox mid in my last two games. I lost both, but thats not to say its bad :rolleyes:

The damage from his ult + E is insane with a AP build, its possible to 100-0 a squishy in less than a second, but i find his sustained damage is lacking. I will maybe take a Lichbane for that extra bit of damage on my autos. Also had 0% CDR so i gotta imcorperate some CDR into my build for E spam

Doesnt his E scale off of AD too? Would a Hybrid build work on him similar to kayle a few seasons back. Nashors, Lichbane, Hextech Gunblade, Rageblade etc Burst, sustain and consistent damage

• Advertisement

Playboy wrote: »
    Doesnt his E scale off of AD too? Would a Hybrid build work on him similar to kayle a few seasons back. Nashors, Lichbane, Hextech Gunblade, Rageblade etc Burst, sustain and consistent damage

I was thinking exactly this! Gonna give it a try tonight.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2247234145/39989702

Took it to ranked after a bots match :D We lost as you can see, but i was out of control mid game but the team couldn't capitalize on that. No sure if taking a raw AP item like Rabadon instead of Nashors would be a better idea, or a Zhonyas since when i got caught out in a teamfight i would blow up pretty fast.

Thats 3 games now, 2 with pure AP and 1 with hybrid, and all 3 i lost :rolleyes: I feel like Hybrid is stronger overall than AP but AP is lots of fun. I think i played well in all 3 games but the 3 losses have left a bad taste in my mouth and I think ill go back to standard Aatrox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2247234145/39989702

Took it to ranked after a bots match :D We lost as you can see, but i was out of control mid game but the team couldn't capitalize on that. No sure if taking a raw AP item like Rabadon instead of Nashors would be a better idea, or a Zhonyas since when i got caught out in a teamfight i would blow up pretty fast.

Thats 3 games now, 2 with pure AP and 1 with hybrid, and all 3 i lost :rolleyes: I feel like Hybrid is stronger overall than AP but AP is lots of fun. I think i played well in all 3 games but the 3 losses have left a bad taste in my mouth and I think ill go back to standard Aatrox

It looks like it works pretty well, your stats are good and it will confuse enemies. You probably need the right comp though so maybe better in a premade than solo queue. Take a Zilean and buy Zhonya's... with your passive you will be unkillable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Jesus...17 death adc......what league is that?!

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Jesus...17 death adc......what league is that?!

Gold, low Gold at this stage. Sivir was just very uncooperative for the entire match. I could go on but im sure you heard/seen it all before

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Thats my biggest problem with LoL - too many deaths. 17 deaths on a carry is outrageous but not that uncommon. I think you need to lose gold when you die and for the bounty for a kill to go down accordingly. It breeds so much bad habits and in my opinion is the basis for experienced players having horrible game sense

****. Diana is being banned quite abit lately. She is pretty much my main chicken with 100 games so far this season. This is the first time i had my season main banned quite often and its the worst feeling in the world :( Makes me not want to play. God i hope they nerf her, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

BMMachine wrote: »
    Thats my biggest problem with LoL - too many deaths. 17 deaths on a carry is outrageous but not that uncommon. I think you need to lose gold when you die and for the bounty for a kill to go down accordingly. It breeds so much bad habits and in my opinion is the basis for experienced players having horrible game sense

The bounty does go down, the more times you die the less you are worth.

First Blood: 400 gold
    1st kill: 300 gold
    2nd kill: 350 gold
    3rd kill: 408 gold (Killing spree)
    4th kill: 475 gold (Rampage)
    5th kill: 500 gold (Unstoppable)
    6th kill: 500 gold (Dominating)
    7th kill: 500 gold (Godlike)
    8th kill: 500 gold (Legendary)
    9+ kills: 500 gold (Legendary)

1st death: 300 gold
    2nd death: 275 gold
    3rd death: 220 gold
    4th death: 176 gold
    5th death: 141 gold
    6th death: 112 gold
    7th death: 90 gold
    8th death: 72 gold
    9th death: 58 gold

Notes :

That gold values will continue to drop past the 9th death, eventually stopping at 50 gold. Also, with lower killing spree bounty cap and increased bounty gain, there is no additional gold for a shut down beyond the 5th kill.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

yeah but dont you go back to 300g after you get a kill?
    the bad habits I see in games is horrendous. A complete lack of awareness and total tunnel vision from so many players and this idea of "worth" being stuck in peoples heads. Is it "worth" when you die in a stupid stop and lose rax because of it? nope, but players dont see that due to the aforementioned tunnel vision and thinking its grand to die whenever

• Advertisement

Everything i do is "worth", EVERYTHING

Advertisement