Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Was in it myself, between 6/7pm. (Beside Tesco) there was chicken fillets also, (loads of them)

Hardly surprising that the meat stock levels would run down on the eve of a brand new super six though.

Ooooh the fancy aldi :p I was in the other one up the other end of the town.

Don't the meat offers change on a Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thats generally been my experience too with the Super 6, in general the fruit and veg offers are stocked pretty well, perhaps one or two sold out now and again but generally all 6 items are available.

The same can't be always said for the Super 6 meats though, often in my store you go in at 6.30pm and the Super 6 shelves look pretty empty. I've always wondered does each store get an identical supply of Super 6 meats each day and then when its gone. it's gone? Has anyone ever seen their local Aldi stocking up Super 6 meats after 8pm???

ALWAYS ask if they have any more of whatever it is you're looking for. I have done this plenty of times and the staff always oblige by going into the stores and checking. 9 times out of 10 they will bring out a full box of whatever product you're after. Worth asking nothing to loose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

ArtyC wrote: »
    Get a ninja bullet, no waste really and super easy to clean :)

not a juicer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

brian_t wrote: »
    Super 6 from Thursday 20th Aug until Wed 9th Sept

Carrots 1kg
    Pears 750g
    Broccoli 500g
    Funsize Bananas 7 pack
    Clementines 750g
    Red Apples 8 pack................All 49c

Irish Beef Mince 15% fat 620g
    Irish Pork Loin Chops 650g
    Irish Turkey Stir Fry 350g
    Irish Medium Ham Fillet 1.5kg
    Irish Whole Chicken 1.6kg
    Salmon Fillets 240g.......................All €3

Just to make a correction.

The Super 6 Fruit and Veg offers are until Wed 9th Sept as stated

but

the Super 6 Meat offers are only until Wed 2nd Sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

brian_t wrote: »
    Just to make a correction.

The Super 6 Fruit and Veg offers are until Wed 9th Sept as stated

but

the Super 6 Meat offers are only until Wed 2nd Sept.

360655.png

says here they are valid till 9th September.

Aldi Vouchers BACK in the Irish Sun on Saturday!!

https://www.aldi.ie/fileadmin/fm-dam/RESPONSIVE/ABOUT_ALDI/Information/Vouchers/Rp_Vouchers_TI_sept_01.jpg
    Pick up your papers and save €10 at Aldi

Irish Independent - Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th September.

Irish Sun - Saturday 5th September.
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/voucher-terms-and-conditions/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Raging I didn't know the vouchers would be back in the Sun!! Panic bought 2 independents yesterday in case it was the last week of them...Almost €6! That's alot of Sun papers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

barneyrub wrote: »
    Raging I didn't know the vouchers would be back in the Sun!! Panic bought 2 independents yesterday in case it was the last week of them...Almost €6! That's alot of Sun papers!!

No McDonalds near you?

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

When do those vouchers expire? If I buy 2 sun newspapers on Saturday, how long do I have to use the voucher until it expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Jakel

Super 6 meat offers- Thursday September 3rd- Wednesday September 16th

All €4

Lamp leg/rump steaks 300g. Save 99c
    Sirloin steak 440g. Save €1.79
    Stuffed pork steak. Save €1.49
    Whole Chicken 1.9kg. Save 79c
    Chicken fillets 500g. Save 85c
    Bumper pack Mince 800g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is that 2 steaks in the Sirloin steak 440g? Or is it just a packet of beef thats too much for one and not enough for 2 like they did before?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

foggy_lad wrote: »

Great to see the vouchers in an alternative and cheaper disposable newspaper, other than the Irish Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Thargor wrote: »
    Is that 2 steaks in the Sirloin steak 440g? Or is it just a packet of beef thats too much for one and not enough for 2 like they did before?

I think there are either 1 or 2 in each pack (depending on size / weight of the cut).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭deadybai

Lissavane wrote: »
    Great to see the vouchers in an alternative and cheaper disposable newspaper, other than the Irish Independent.

Yeah but then your're supporting The Sun by buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,119 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

deadybai wrote: »
    Yeah but then your're supporting The Sun by buying it

There could be ethical arguments on buying the "other" paper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Best thing to do is go into your local boozers on a Sunday evening and ask for the days papers

Best thing to do is go into your local boozers on a Sunday evening and ask for the days papers
    Or check any independent cafe, they usually have them, chains like Costa and Mcdonalds usually have the light version with no vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Jakel

Jakel wrote: »
    Super 6 meat offers- Thursday September 3rd- Wednesday September 16th

All €4

Lamp leg/rump steaks 300g. Save 99c
    Sirloin steak 440g. Save €1.79
    Stuffed pork steak. Save €1.49
    Whole Chicken 1.9kg. Save 79c
    Chicken fillets 500g. Save 85c
    Bumper pack Mince 800g

Super 6 Fruit and Veg offers.

Thursday 10 September until Wednesday 16 September

All 49c

Leeks 500g Save €1
    Carrot & Parsnip 500g Save 50c
    Tomatoes 6pk Save 50c
    Courgettes 2pk Save 80c
    Salad Potatoes 1kg Save 50c
    Peaches 500g Save 50c

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Plenty of soups in that !

All 49c

Leeks 500g Save €1 Great, love leeks in a casserole
    Carrot & Parsnip 500g Save 50c will juice the carrots and casserole the parsnips with the leeks
    Tomatoes 6pk Save 50c x4 of these at least but will get some for the casserole too:D
    Courgettes 2pk Save 80c more casseroles
    Salad Potatoes 1kg Save 50c nice for having with the casseroles or putting into the pot
    Peaches 500g Save 50c Dessert of stewed peach and cream/ice cream:D
    I'll also get the slow cooker:pac:

Anyone have a bargain alert for containers suitable for freezing casseroles?

• Advertisement

Ikea do a set of 17 containers called Pruta (sorry can't get a link) for €4.50 which are basic and are various sizes. They are suitable for the freezer so might suit your requirements :)

Or use zip loc bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

et101 wrote: »
    Ikea do a set of 17 containers called Pruta (sorry can't get a link) for €4.50 which are basic and are various sizes. They are suitable for the freezer so might suit your requirements :)

[OT]

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/storage-organising/food-storage-organising/food-savers/

[/OT]

Just remembered Aldi will most likely have their 3pack of plastic lunch/food containers left over from the back to school specials last week, I can buy a couple of those for €1.50 each:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

All 49c

Leeks 500g Save €1
    Carrot & Parsnip 500g Save 50c
    Tomatoes 6pk Save 50c
    Courgettes 2pk Save 80c
    Salad Potatoes 1kg Save 50c
    Peaches 500g Save 50c

Was meaning to do a stew so no excuses.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,766 ✭✭✭✭unkel

K-9 wrote: »
    Was meaning to do a stew so no excuses.

Warning! Cross post!!! :p

Lidl do family size packs of stewing beef 600g for €4 at the moment which is a pretty decent price. Two packs and some potato + vegs and a can of Guinness and you have a large wintery stew for not much more than €1 per head

unkel wrote: »
    Warning! Cross post!!! :p

Lidl do family size packs of stewing beef 600g for €4 at the moment which is a pretty decent price. Two packs and some potato + vegs and a can of Guinness and you have a large wintery stew for not much more than €1 per head
    Got a recipe? Ive tried in the past with my slow cooker but its always bland salty water and tasteless meat. How do you get thick gravy-like stew from a slow cooker? I could google it but all the recipes seem to be more American than Irish, Im looking for proper brown, thick stew like Mammy used to make :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Use some corn flour to thicken the stew add it for the last hour and will be perfect

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Got a recipe? Ive tried in the past with my slow cooker but its always bland salty water and tasteless meat. How do you get thick gravy-like stew from a slow cooker? I could google it but all the recipes seem to be more American than Irish, Im looking for proper brown, thick stew like Mammy used to make :D

You could also add some gravy granules which will both thicken your stew and give it more of a deep brown colour. Aldi do a meat gravy granules tub which costs 85c and my crew all think it's lovely (veggie myself so can't give an opinion but mine are all fussy so it must be decent!!)

Advertisement