Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

corsav6 wrote: »
    I just got an update to VDF-995NB01-IE_MRO1d. I assume it the stagefright update as all it said was android security update.

Could you check with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector if all bugs are resolved and report back?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

grogi wrote: »
    Could you check with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector if all bugs are resolved and report back?

All good after updating. It passes all tests and returns "not vulnerable" after the update.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

same here tried 2 different derectors . not vulnerable any more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

grogi wrote: »

Sorry I didn't see your post until now, I'm the same as the above posters, scanned and not vulnerable anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Polar wizard adventure

This is a really great phone for €170!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Anyone get the message notification light working? Pulse notification light is on and set to 5 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anyone get the message notification light working? Pulse notification light is on and set to 5 seconds.

There's a glitch in the google restore process.

Install this widget,enable notification light in it and then uninstall it. Should be fixed then.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzq9l32xdkptqyw/com.motorola.ledwidget-0.apk?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

FrostyJim wrote: »
    There's a glitch in the google restore process.

Install this widget,enable notification light in it and then uninstall it. Should be fixed then.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzq9l32xdkptqyw/com.motorola.ledwidget-0.apk?dl=0

Cheers for that pal, working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

I just got another system update notification, 13 mb size. I believe it to be the stage fright vulnerability fix.

As far as I can tell, this update also fixed that Miracast issue for the Sky Go app! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

As far as I can tell, this update also fixed that Miracast issue for the Sky Go app! :D:D:D

Oh yeah baby !!!!!! Fair play to Vodafone for getting this fixed so fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Oh yeah baby !!!!!! Fair play to Vodafone for getting this fixed so fast.

This just made my day if its true. Can anyone confirm for sure????

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

kevin306 wrote:
    This just made my day if its true. Can anyone confirm for sure????

Yep. It's working for me anyway.
    Streaming Sky Go as I type :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

I'm really having bad luck with phones. Bought this to get me through the Aliexpress fiasco with the Lenovo K3 Note. 2.5 weeks in, and it suddenly freezes and won't boot since. Charging light is still coming on but there isn't any other sign of life. I'm away from the box and the receipt til at least Friday so I can't just do the straight swap. Any ideas???

jwcurtin wrote: »
    I'm really having bad luck with phones. Bought this to get me through the Aliexpress fiasco with the Lenovo K3 Note. 2.5 weeks in, and it suddenly freezes and won't boot since. Charging light is still coming on but there isn't any other sign of life. I'm away from the box and the receipt til at least Friday so I can't just do the straight swap. Any ideas???
    If your in Dublin bring it in to fonfix in Sandyford and they will fix it for €15 as its under warranty (15 is a handling charge for walk-ins, you can avoid it by posting). You'll have it back in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

If your in Dublin bring it in to fonfix in Sandyford and they will fix it for €15 as its under warranty (15 is a handling charge for walk-ins, you can avoid it by posting). You'll have it back in a couple of hours.

In Limerick unfortunately, thanks for the idea though!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Can someone here help me out with this,
    I bought this phone 10 days ago and used the link to network unlock it for meteor which all went grand, first thing I did was install the update that was there and then I started to use the phone as normal but I noticed the battery % was dropping very quick ( I would be getting 2-3 hrs screen on time and 16-20 hrs overall), I done a factory reset and left it for a day and it didn't fix it, put it into safe mode for a day and still it continued to drain, I had to use it over the weekend as I was outside Dublin and obviously couldn't return it but in that time I had installed an app called better battery stats to see if it was one of the stock apps causing it and still nothing, then yesterday morning I received the latest update and that seemed to make the battery drain further, so I determined it must be a faulty unit.

Today I brought it back to the Vodafone store and asked for a replacement and the rep I dealt with was clueless! I showed him a screenshot of the battery life from the previous day's use which was, I charged it to 100% and unplugged it at 10pm, had a screen on time of 45 minutes which was 5 mins of YouTube, 20 mins of Facebook and 20 of twitter, it was then on 68% I left it untouched overnight and this morning at 9 am it was on 13% which the rep tried to explain to me was normal because your phone is still running overnight, I then obviously argued to him that this isn't normal and that I want a replacement phone. He insisted that I had to send it off for testing and that I am not entitled to a replacement.

I'm just wondering is that right? I had read here that if it is returned to them within 21 days that they should in fact replace it barring any obvious damage caused by me. I really would appreciate any input.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

DanC90 wrote: »
    Can someone here help me out with this,
    I bought this phone 10 days ago and used the link to network unlock it for meteor which all went grand, first thing I did was install the update that was there and then I started to use the phone as normal but I noticed the battery % was dropping very quick ( I would be getting 2-3 hrs screen on time and 16-20 hrs overall), I done a factory reset and left it for a day and it didn't fix it, put it into safe mode for a day and still it continued to drain, I had to use it over the weekend as I was outside Dublin and obviously couldn't return it but in that time I had installed an app called better battery stats to see if it was one of the stock apps causing it and still nothing, then yesterday morning I received the latest update and that seemed to make the battery drain further, so I determined it must be a faulty unit.

Today I brought it back to the Vodafone store and asked for a replacement and the rep I dealt with was clueless! I showed him a screenshot of the battery life from the previous day's use which was, I charged it to 100% and unplugged it at 10pm, had a screen on time of 45 minutes which was 5 mins of YouTube, 20 mins of Facebook and 20 of twitter, it was then on 68% I left it untouched overnight and this morning at 9 am it was on 13% which the rep tried to explain to me was normal because your phone is still running overnight, I then obviously argued to him that this isn't normal and that I want a replacement phone. He insisted that I had to send it off for testing and that I am not entitled to a replacement.

I'm just wondering is that right? I had read here that if it is returned to them within 21 days that they should in fact replace it barring any obvious damage caused by me. I really would appreciate any input.

Sounds like a dodgy app. Remove all apps bar your essentials and see what happens.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Feck that for a game of cowboys. Take it straight back to Vodafone and get them to replace it. It's so new I would hope you would get a replacement handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

bajer101 wrote:
    Sounds like a dodgy app. Remove all apps bar your essentials and see what happens.

Sorry if I didn't explain it well enough, I done that, for Saturday and Sunday I used it as it was out of the box, didn't sign in to Google services or anything I just kept it completely stock and the problem was still there, then on Monday I signed into Google so I could download better battery stats app from the play store and that was the only app I downloaded. I thought it was an issue with one of the pre loaded apps myself but it wasn't, as I said before I had even put it in safe mode on the Friday to see if it would happen then and it did so having gone through all the recommended things to do and check I was getting the same results.
    I'm certain it was just a faulty battery in the phone and that's fine I'm sure it happens to every manufacturer that a few units have faults but my problem isn't with the phone because besides the battery issue it is a great phone, my issue is with Vodafone and the way the rep tried to fob me off by saying it's normal for your phone's battery to decrease 55% in 9 hours on standby and insisting it had to be sent back for testing when on the Vodafone website/ forums it says it can be returned within 21 days for a replacement if there is a fault such as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

How is the signal on these for everyone?
    I came from a moto g2 to this and where I was able to go online with the moto g I cannot get on at all with this.
    happened me in 3 different places.
    Some provider.
    Same package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

I have my phone unlocked but got a service message from vodaphone saying there is a vodaphone upgrade available gir download. Should I download and upgrade the software?

tippgod wrote: »
    I have my phone unlocked but got a service message from vodaphone saying there is a vodaphone upgrade available gir download. Should I download and upgrade the software?

Yes, it'll be fine. What sim is in the phone has no bearing on updates what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

vectra wrote: »
    How is the signal on these for everyone?
    I came from a moto g2 to this and where I was able to go online with the moto g I cannot get on at all with this.
    happened me in 3 different places.
    Some provider.
    Same package.

Very reliable for me on meteor, I also came from a moto g2. Signal is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Same here. I find the GPS excellent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Trond wrote: »

Google maps navigation has been 100%. I've been up and down the country using GPS all week. Not a hitch or a stutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Google maps navigation has been 100%. I've been up and down the country using GPS all week. Not a hitch or a stutter.

I came v close to spending double what I did on this and after a week I couldn't be happier with it.

Screen, Battery life, Processing power all v impressive. The ability to expand the memory up to 144gb is probably the best bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

anyone got this in store?
    i've tried calling them to see if in stock but they don't answer the dam phones!

what's the max sd card they take?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

woodyg wrote: »
    anyone got this in store?
    i've tried calling them to see if in stock but they don't answer the dam phones!

128GB. They never answer the phone. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

woodyg wrote: »

Certainly takes 64 Gb without difficulty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Trond wrote: »

Forgot to mention I am on Tesco mobile.

Is Meteor on the same or on Vodafone?

Advertisement