Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stuff to do in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 phonemonkey

Anybody know of guitar lessons in limerick, I know about the ones out in the crescent but I cannot make it on a tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 davemc06

Anybody know of guitar lessons in limerick, I know about the ones out in the crescent but I cannot make it on a tuesday
    School of Music..Peter Dee's? Both should, but might be full! :)

You could always try Parkour in Limerick! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Great input there mate...

I look forward to the ice rink at x mass and the pernament one at the parkway retail park.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

Is there or will there be a permanent ice rink at the parkway retail park?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its got planning permission, if it starts up I wouldnt mind seeing if I can put together a speed skating team.
    I have contacts with skate and boot makers from my time doing it in australia.
    Anyone know who to contact to confirm whos going to be running it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

i'm from limerick, and always get amused at the way the press/people go on the defensive anytime limerick gets slightly criticised. I do ask a question. Why would a tourist stay in Limerick city for more than 1 day?
    it's come on a lot and is new (buildings) etc etc, but as for sights in the city, there's not a whole lot though, in all seriousness...??

agree / disagree. has some cool watering holes though..

and dont mention rugby either, cos not everyone who visits is into it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Well Limerick has a lot of history, The Castle, the walking tour, Limerick City Muesum and the Georgian House Museum and St. Marys Cathedral. The city also has other points of interest such as the Hunt Museum, Angelas Ashes tour, shopping, night life... plus the real draw its the location with Bunratty, Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Adare all so close, the city makes for a great base!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

yeah, a great base for viewing places of interest not in Limerick City. That's my point. I dunno, it's great on one hand to have a new city, new buildings, but is it at the expense of something else...

that angleas ashes tour is funny too. I always pass tourists up the o connell avenue side of town, with their angleas ashes booklets , looking for places that dont exist anymore...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vigo789

Here's something for kids/teenagers.

There's an outdoor screening of 'Into the West' on Thomas Street on Sunday 9th March, I think, but here is the gen on the Festival proper:

The 11th Fresh Film Festival featuring Ireland’s Young Filmmaker of the Year Awards will take place in Limerick between the 3rd and the 9th of March, 2008.

This year’s Festival Programme programme includes feature screenings and animation and cinematography workshops. Feature screenings include the film noir style, teen drama/murder mystery, ‘Brick’, directed by Rian Johnson, the Irish Premiere of ‘Buddha Collapsed out of Shame’, from 20 year old Iranian director Hana Makhmalbaf and Christian Wagners’ drama, detailing a Bosnian mothers search for her daughter after the war, entitled ‘Warchild’.

The Young Film-Maker Awards are divided into two age categories: Junior (7 –12 yrs) and Senior (13 -18yrs). The Junior Award take place on Wednesday, the 5th of March in the Belltable Arts Centre, Limerick, and the Seniors on Thursday the 6th of March in Storm Cinemas, Castletroy, Limerick. The films numbering over one hundred, include drama, documentary, horror, animation, science fiction and more. All of the films have been made over the previous year by budding film-makers - many utilising standard digital cameras and computer editing packages.

www.freshfilmfestival.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Greenrat

I already visit the Hunt Museum two times !
    The first, with my boyfriend, an the second with my father. He came form France for 2 days.

It's really small, but it's interessing too ! I like this museum because it's cosy and you can take your time to see everything. Sometimes, the guide come to explain you something about a painting for example.

What's cool is that it's free all sundays ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

BRET_SPLASH_NEW_34.jpg
    awririshbretav9.jpg

24th Oct 2008 - University Concert Hall, Limerick, Ireland (Phone the UCH box office for tickets, 061-331549)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Sweet! I'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I got this letter in the door today.

CHANGE OF VENUE
    American Wrestling - Rampage Tour 2008
    moving to Unuversity of Limerick ARENA
    With regard to the tickets you have purchased to the American Wrestling Rampage Tour event at University Concert Hall on Friday 24th of Oct. 2008, please be advised that the venue of this event has now changed.

American Wrestling - Rampage Tour 2008 will now take place at UL ARENA on Friday 24th of Oct. at 8pm

The tickets currently held for University Concert Hall will not be valid for UL Arena. Please find enclosed your replacement tickets for UL Arena.

If you haveance. any queries regarding the change of venue please contact the Box Office on 061-331549 for assistance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Lunar_Wolf

BarryCreed wrote: »
    i'm from limerick, and always get amused at the way the press/people go on the defensive anytime limerick gets slightly criticised. I do ask a question. Why would a tourist stay in Limerick city for more than 1 day?
    it's come on a lot and is new (buildings) etc etc, but as for sights in the city, there's not a whole lot though, in all seriousness...??

agree / disagree. has some cool watering holes though..

and dont mention rugby either, cos not everyone who visits is into it..
    Too true, sir!

Is there a site where there are a list of up and coming events?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

two things
    unigolf in plassey industrial park (behind o2) is good for killing an hour or two, kind of like crazy golf without the crazy. indoor putting course.

also, next week

http://www.limerickcorp.ie/ArtsEvents/Name,9954,en.html

The Japanese film festival! FREE CINEMA!!!

zuroph wrote: »
    two things
    unigolf in plassey industrial park (behind o2) is good for killing an hour or two, kind of like crazy golf without the crazy. indoor putting course.

also, next week

http://www.limerickcorp.ie/ArtsEvents/Name,9954,en.html

The Japanese film festival! FREE CINEMA!!!
    I may go to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i'll be going, my lodger is japanese and told me about it.

The festival was awesome. Mind Game was my favorite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

That new park in annacotty is nice enough. there needs to be a lot more stuff to do in it but it has massive potential. they should put a little zoo in it. its still new enough so I'm guessing the fansy plants are on their way. it was still a bit of a mess last time I went a month ago. but it should get well nicer during the summer. they could have outdoor activities and tents with little concerts on and the whole shabang. that would be very good for the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Any suggestions for what to do this weekend in the Limerick/Clare region?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Go to Buratty Castle/Folk Park...but if I was off I would be in the pub watching the Irish match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 chipchop

The Lopper wrote: »
    Ye actually play Baseball and American Football? Good lord. I have never in my whole life seen anybody play either. American Football in Limerick. This is earth-shattering news. Its happened. Limerick has become part of America. And cricket? Cricket? I need to go lie down.
    ya sure american football is a laugh, mind u havent a clue bout the rule its a laugh for busting people... UL have a team, the vikings i think?.. but then again u could just play rugby... thinking of random sports palyed in limerick... was out training in ul there torward the end of last summer and there was a extreme frisbee team training out der!! appearntly its the same rules as american football... anyones guess then hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 chipchop

going for a walk out in curraghcase... u dont wanna get lost out der!

storm only has 8 screens peanut

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

chipchop wrote: »
    going for a walk out in curraghcase... u dont wanna get lost out der!

Why not? The place i wouldnt like to get lost in is Cratloe Woods!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Anyone know where you could do trad music lessons in Limerick. I would consider any instrument. Beginner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JenCaf

The Irish Harp Centre in Castleconnell gives lessons in all types of traditional instruments - http://www.irishharpcentre.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭lifelonglufc

So myself and the girlfriend have nothing to do tomorrow and want to spend a bit of quality time together, were only 20 so keep it clean as were looking for a daytime activity!! :D

But we can't really think what to do around limerick that isn't go to the cinema, through the city or whatever and the usual!

So anybody got any ideas for a nice day?!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Um well alot of suggestions would be weather permitting, you could always go for a walk, really nice places to walk around in this city, one of my favourites is starting from the clonmacken roundabout and walking into town along that walking path that runs along the river.

Also you could try go for a picnic in peoples park or poormans if there are no bums hanging around, obviously weather permitting!

Um....cant really think of anything else to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Jump on a bus and head out to Bunratty Castle & Folk Park. It's nice to walk around there, and if ye get good weather it's a bonus!

Advertisement