Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

Back when I had loads of annoying crap on my news feed last November
    "lms if your goin intensity" was a status I saw and I replied with "Nobody wants to lick your sack"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Greysen Shy Chest

A lady (parent of a friend when I was a young wan) was back from her honeymoon last night.
    She checked in leaving hotel and "hot temps"
    She checked in checking in,
    She checked in at her terminal.
    She checked in on the runway and put up a status apologising that she had to turn her phone off as the plane was reversing down the runway.

Then she checked in at "on the runway" at Dublin airport.
    A few mins later she checked in "at terminal 2" then about 5 mins later she checked in at "Ireland".

This one is in her 40s

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

A lady (parent of a friend when I was a young wan) was back from her honeymoon last night.
    She checked in on the runway and put up a status apologising that she had to turn her phone off as the plane was reversing down the runway.

A few mins later she checked in "at terminal 2" then about 5 mins later she checked in at "Ireland".

This one is in her 40s

Nice that they're still enjoying each other's company so much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Sinfonia wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the country and number of months are some cloaked references to one of these 'secretive awareness' thingies.
    Hard to explain.
    Like that breast cancer thing, I guess.

Breast cancer is easy to explain. You get cancer on your breast.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Have to get around to deleting at least 600 people off this. Cannot be dealing with moaning all over the newsfeed about bollox that I couldn't give a toss about.."

This coming from someone who updates their status on an almost hourly basis. And what pearls of wisdom does she update her status with, you might wonder?
    Tea and a smoke. Good morning ;D
    Anyone else ever notice that Alice in Wonderland is one of the only disney movies that isn't about princess romance or that the main character doesn't fall in love?

And, my personal favourite:
    yops <3

What a moron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

This one is in her 40s

George Orwell would be turning in his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

This one is in her 40s
    Shakespeare, during his early years, would love to have had that kind of inspiration for his work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Alice isn't a flipping fairytale that's why! Grr!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭danslevent

A guy I know put up a new cover picture of him and his 11 month old daughter.

About ten minutes later he shared a picture of a smiley face giving the ole V symbol with the phrase written "If she ain't twitching, You're not eating it right".

danslevent wrote: »
    A guy I know put up a new cover picture of him and his 11 month old daughter.

About ten minutes later he shared a picture of a smiley face giving the ole V symbol with the phrase written "If she ain't twitching, You're not eating it right".

If I'm reading this right, it's a matter for Social Services :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Sometimes we must slow down to feel the speed of infinite light from within~•

Comments include:
    I swear I was just talking about this a minute ago. but more so, we're advancing at a rate in which its hard to physically, and hardwired speaking, keep up to this exponentially expanding universe.

Replied with:
    Hyperdimensionally melding the psychic veils ~ yEs we're all in this process together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Comments include:
    I swear I was just talking about this a minute ago. but more so, we're advancing at a rate in which its hard to physically, and hardwired speaking, keep up to this exponentially expanding universe.

Replied with:
    Hyperdimensionally melding the psychic veils ~ yEs we're all in this process together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Comments include:

Replied with:

STAB STAB STAB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Comments include:

Replied with:

I would honestly prefer to see a bunch of skangers that use txtspk on their status updates on the news feed over these kind of gob****es who actually believe they're saying something profound and being smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Comments include:

Replied with:
    Just say no, kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

RJunior wrote: »
    New profile pic, one hand holding a pint, the other balled into a fist, big sovereign ring, demented facial expression. His last post was directed at all "Braking bad" fans and proceeded to give away in detail the entire ending to the series. Some other recent ones:

I dont think ive ever seen a full gang of girls that are all sexy theres always that one or 2 ugly ones that sre filthy things that gets used as back up the sluts - Drinking cider

Im might not be the best speller and **** but there is some slow c*nt on facebook -who you love ment to be how you love sick world hahaha

No work tonight If u see me 2 night il spit in ur face ya fatcow

Holly from geordie shore reminds me of so many people from round north side falla in love after a bit of dick and is proud ur a slut 10/10 ya fat bitch

Think its time to stay away from town do the same **** everyweek go ****y catwalk and stand by abra like a mouldy bum eatin taco fries ahha. - Playing with muself

Imagine been amish hah id die after a week no ps3 or facebook hahah

To all u mother****aaassss drink and enjoying yer cans or pints I hope ye get the first of the keg so ye can **** all over yer gafs rats haha

im praying to god im not workin friday night I need a nice pint or 10

Come on united batter um this time

Who wants to go bushin did go gatin round the gaf in ages

He's outdone himself today:

john gilligan is out tonight about time hes getin out helpin the poor delighted that other whore got wacked ..

veronica guerin is the reason this county is **** the nosey tramp

For his own sake, I hope he's trolling. I would hate to think people who believe this sort of sh*te still walk the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

RJunior wrote: »
    He's outdone himself today:

john gilligan is out tonight about time hes getin out helpin the poor delighted that other whore got wacked ..

veronica guerin is the reason this county is **** the nosey tramp

You should tell him its actually tomorrow he's being released!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Are people getting more and more stupid or is it just the fact that Facebook etc. gives these planks a platform to display their mind bending stupidity?

I was browsing through Facebook a minute ago and noticed an old friend of mine shared a post from another page. It was a post warning people not to flash their headlights at another driver whose lights are off. The reason given was that these people were new members of the "Bloods" gang who will then chase them down and kill everyone in their car.
    WTF??

And what's more surprising is the guy who shared this is a highly intelligent accountant that I thought would have more sense.
    It's totally baffling.

And then to top it off, I read through the comments and saw that some future Nobel prize winner left this little gem.....
    u wanna bet i was dring up da north circular rod one nite da car behind me had no head lights on & der was at least 3 black fellas in da car i stopped at5 da lights at da big tree i asked a man crossing da road 2 tell dem dey had no lights ondey put dem but wen we got threw da lights dey turned dem off again a taxi man seen dis bcoz i pulled in 2 let dem pass me da taxi man gave me a wave wit his radio on my way back den da garda had dem stopped & der was 4 of dem in da car dis is not safe little Ireland any more

When I read that, what immediately sprung to mind was this:

Were people always so thick or is it a new thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Moral of the story = Facebook sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Oh my word, Op you have me in stitches!!

Whenever I think of stupidity on Facebook I'm always drawn to that "stag party" incident in Waterford and the wife to be's complaint to the hotel's page :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm still waiting to find out when Facebook to start charging me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

They were always thick but we're only realising now because of so much social media.

Eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

My head hurts after trying to read that quote.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Maybe the guy who shared the story did it ironically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

People do seem to talk a load of sh1te on Facebook, a horrible place to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

Get in here mods before the bloods gang see we know their secrets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Id be more worried about the eejits writing this crap than I would about my gang banging homies in their mothers micra.

and im a Crip! And no not the tayto kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Isnt that the plot of a film?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

"I'm not hot or gorgeous. I don't have an amazing figure or a flat stomach. I'm far from being considered a model but, I'm me. I eat food, I have curves, I have more fat than I should, I have scars, inside and out, I have a history. Some people love me, some like me, some hate me. I have done good, I have done bad. I love my Pjs and I go without makeup and don't get my hair or nails done when I should. I'm random and crazy, I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. I am who I am, you can love me or not. I won't change!! And if I love you, I do it with ALL my Heart!! I make no apologies for the way I am. Ladies put this on your status if you're proud of who you are!"

Share dis if ur a reel wmn! xxxxxxxxxxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement