Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'm already paying 9.99 per month for Deezer so for 2 euro extra this seems like a good deal. I was also considering amazon prime but don't think you can pay for that with credit?
    Im on same deal with deezer (9.99 credit a month for deezer)...just a word of warning...dont cancel it...because you will never get the same deal back I had to fight tooth and nail!
    Cant use on amazon prime as fair as I know.

I have about 120 euro built up...gave some to charity but still a far chunk would love to figure out a good way to spend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

gmisk wrote: »
    Im on same deal with deezer (9.99 credit a month for deezer)...just a word of warning...dont cancel it...because you will never get the same deal back I had to fight tooth and nail!

I have about 120 euro built up...gave some to charity but still a far chunk would love to figure out a good way to spend it.

Oh right didn't realise 9.99 was a good deal for Deezer?
    One thing stopping me moving from deezer to play music is I have a 2nd android work phone and I'm guessing I won't be able to get any of the benefits of YouTube premium on my 2nd phone due to it working off the Google account on the device?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭whiteley91

I used the carrier billing to buy Private Internet access, it's a vpn service. It was 40ish for the year and unlimited bandwidth and download

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

gmisk wrote: »

Huh? Deezer is always 9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Still not resolved. Would not be surprised if they're putting restrictions/unsupporting carrier billing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It's strange I've never used carrier billing but when I try and add it I got sorry there is a technical issue message

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

To me, it looks like Three has just noticed that carrier billing is coming out of bonus credit (if present). For example, my last carrier billing charge a few days ago (under €1) came out of my $10 bonus credit going by the My3 page. Generally the providers restrict free credit to ordinary chargeable calls/texts, so they probably put a block on carrier billing until they tackle this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭webpal

Anyone having problems with viber credit? Viber working fine on iOS but when I go to android to top up, I can’t activate it. Working perfectly a few nights ago. I’ve deleted apps on both devices. When I go back to iOS it’s fone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

editorsean wrote: »
    To me, it looks like Three has just noticed that carrier billing is coming out of bonus credit (if present). For example, my last carrier billing charge a few days ago (under €1) came out of my $10 bonus credit going by the My3 page. Generally the providers restrict free credit to ordinary chargeable calls/texts, so they probably put a block on carrier billing until they tackle this.

This is the most likely theory, this thread probably alerted them to that issue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I never got any bonus credit though and it ain't working for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Still not resolved. Would not be surprised if they're putting restrictions/unsupporting carrier billing

They do that and I am off. About the only thing keeping me with them.

webpal wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with viber credit? Viber working fine on iOS but when I go to android to top up, I can’t activate it. Working perfectly a few nights ago. I’ve deleted apps on both devices. When I go back to iOS it’s fone

Got it resolved by opening a ticket with Viber, getting an error trying to buy credit too

editorsean wrote: »

I'd be surprised if that was the case, as it would be very hard for them to police what is being spent from your actual credit and your bonus credit. The easiest way for them to police it would be to limit the monthly spend to 20 instead of 30, which I imagine is easy enough to do.

In any case, it shouldn't require downtime of the service for all users while they sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

It was just a thought. When I was with Vodafone, it would only let me spend bonus credit on calls and texts. For example, once in a while I would get an offer like "Top-up €20 by (some date) and get €5 free". If I made a call or sent an SMS, it would deduct from that €5 credit, but if I purchased an app or made an in-app purchase, it would only deduct from my main credit.

So when my recent purchase on Three deducted from my bonus credit, it was a surprise as I never seen that happen on Vodafone prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Not even sure of charity donations are working anymore. I've texted some and my credit value hasn't changed, and I've gotten no thankyou for donating message like in the past.

It's likely that some department i Three have put a stop to using credit for anything besides calling/texting/data, whether it's permanent...we'll have to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭LucyIrish06

Think its back working guys, Ive just tried to buy an app using phone credit and it went through and also got a confirmation message from google play

Viber out credit working again

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 460 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Back for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Working for me again

I just got a few messages, looks some of these purchases went through. Credit is gone but viber credit not topped up. Order history shows fine. Happen anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Yeah, me too. Seems to have been recredited.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Now that the LLS is off air for summer, I'm saving my excess Tesco for mobile data roaming when I go to Portugal later in the summer.
    Usually the fiver would go over the month entering the weekly quiz but I'll have about €10 excess when I go away for data roaming. The accommodation I've booked does not have WiFi.

To thine own self be true

Tazz T wrote: »
    Yeah, me too. Seems to have been recredited.

Yep mine too, phew

Got a few re-credits alright

Let the cute hoorism recommence boyos

I'm noticing the book deals in the Uk Google Play store hardly ever appear in the one we get.

Sucks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Brian017

Would it be possible to put my sim into an Android phone, set up carrier billing, subscribe to these services and put my sim back into an iOS phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RossD12

When fortnite comes to Android will we be able to use 3 billing for vbucks
    If they have iAPs through Google then yes we will 👌

• Advertisement

RossD12 wrote: »
    If they have iAPs through Google then yes we will 👌

How on earth could you play a game like fortnight or pubg on android?

Advertisement