Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Just wanted to post to say thanks to the OP and other contributions.

I never knew you could spend Vodafone credit through the Google Play Store.

I'm on an older PAYG plan with Vodafone which suits me and I have €10 credit which gets carried each month. (I have a work phone as well so can use that for calls etc) I accumulated a good bit of credit so was able to make a purchase of an e-book through google play books last night - annoyingly, it doesn't sync with Kindle straight off the bat but with a bit of faffing got it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

OREGATO wrote: »
    Just wanted to post to say thanks to the OP and other contributions.

I never knew you could spend Vodafone credit through the Google Play Store.

I'm on an older PAYG plan with Vodafone which suits me and I have €10 credit which gets carried each month. (I have a work phone as well so can use that for calls etc) I accumulated a good bit of credit so was able to make a purchase of an e-book through google play books last night - annoyingly, it doesn't sync with Kindle straight off the bat but with a bit of faffing got it to work.

Kindle and Google play are completely different formats (mobi and epub)

You should just have used the Google play books app

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Kindle and Google play are completely different formats (mobi and epub)

You should just have used the Google play books app

I read the kindle going to bed and find it easier on the eyes than using a bright screen. I googled about transferring books from Google Play to Kindle and came across this article: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/179863?hl=en

Before reading it fully, I went ahead and purchased the book on Google Play. It was only afterwards that I noticed that last paragraph which mentions 'What won't work' and listed Kindle there :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter anyway as after a few minutes googling, I found a solution to transfer the book onto my Kindle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,748 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

OREGATO wrote: »
    I read the kindle going to bed and find it easier on the eyes than using a bright screen. I googled about transferring books from Google Play to Kindle and came across this article: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/179863?hl=en

Before reading it fully, I went ahead and purchased the book on Google Play. It was only afterwards that I noticed that last paragraph which mentions 'What won't work' and listed Kindle there :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter anyway as after a few minutes googling, I found a solution to transfer the book onto my Kindle :)
    Calibre software will let you convert book formats

gmisk wrote: »
    Calibre software will let you convert book formats

Yeap, that's what I used in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Can you buy credit on Google play using three payg credit over WiFi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭webpal

Anyone know of any apps that are "compatible" with android and iOS? i.e. If I use my android phone to buy an app with phone credit can I then download that app on iOS.

Or could I use my credit to transfer to my play account to purchase an app? If so can you transfer all credit or how would you set up a recurring monthly payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No to all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

webpal wrote: »
    Anyone know of any apps that are "compatible" with android and iOS? i.e. If I use my android phone to buy an app with phone credit can I then download that app on iOS.

Or could I use my credit to transfer to my play account to purchase an app? If so can you transfer all credit or how would you set up a recurring monthly payment?

You can in your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭thebo

Does any know where to buy playstation plus credit now seeing the buygamecredit website is down?

• Advertisement

You can't with credit.

Ok what about this - I want to get Flightradar24 which is 39.99 per year. I downloaded the app on Android and can select 3 billing to subscribe. I entered my details and am about to hit Subscribe. This app can be used on other devices by logging in. Does this sound ok? Will the 39.99 be taken from my credit in 7 days (after free trial)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭ Ryder Billions Coyote

webpal wrote:
    Ok what about this - I want to get Flightradar24 which is 39.99 per year. I downloaded the app on Android and can select 3 billing to subscribe. I entered my details and am about to hit Subscribe. This app can be used on other devices by logging in. Does this sound ok? Will the 39.99 be taken from my credit in 7 days (after free trial)

There's a 30 euro limit per month

There's a 30 euro limit per month

It’s an annual sub

It’s an annual sub

Actually I see what you mean, ok there is a lower option for 15 a year would that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭ Ryder Billions Coyote

Yep, I have a sub that's about 14 euro a month that works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RossD12

Do any of ye recommend CoinGate? Feel like trying it out because I’ve €60 racked up in credit

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

RossD12 wrote:
    Do any of ye recommend CoinGate? Feel like trying it out because I’ve €60 racked up in credit

Ye used them before keep in mind if you spend your full 60 euro (which equates to a 60 min call) you will only get about 30 euro back in your chosen crypto.

Also allow for 1-2 days for it to go through and enter your wallet.

But ye I would use them again I have 40 euro in credit at the moment so will probably do it today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I think ive donated more to charity since this thread began than ive ever done in my life.

Please keep laura lynn in your minds when you have excess credit

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

May not be of much use to many of you, but I'm guessing it's new seeing as I got spammed a few times with splashes for it upon opening the app.

You can now use carrier billing for a monthly subscription to your favourite Twitch streamer on the Twitch mobile app.

• Advertisement

Racket wrote: »
    May not be of much use to many of you, but I'm guessing it's new seeing as I got spammed a few times with splashes for it upon opening the app.

You can now use carrier billing for a monthly subscription to your favourite Twitch streamer on the Twitch mobile app.

I also saw that which is what brought me back to boards. I was thinking of setting up my own stream and subscribing to myself, however I'd need to reach some requirements they set first and I'd need to make multiple accounts if I wanted to spend all of my credit instead of just €5 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Has anyone tried using Coingate to convert phone credit to bitcoins then https://www.egifter.com/ or similar to convert bitcoins to PSN credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Cerco

Anyway I can spend excess credit on eir payg?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Has anyone tried using Coingate to convert phone credit to bitcoins then https://www.egifter.com/ or similar to convert bitcoins to PSN credit?

Interesting. PSN US account, but that's fine. It would be great to be able to buy PSN (or Amazon) gift cards with Three credit, even with a workaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Labelled

I looked into this.

You need to become a partner and have 50 "favourites" or that in order to get any money from twitch...

I understand that only c.50% of subscriptions funds actually go to the streamer.

Not so good.
    RossD12 wrote: »
    I also saw that which is what brought me back to boards. I was thinking of setting up my own stream and subscribing to myself, however I'd need to reach some requirements they set first and I'd need to make multiple accounts if I wanted to spend all of my credit instead of just €5 a month

Labelled wrote: »
    I looked into this.

You need to become a partner and have 50 "favourites" or that in order to get any money from twitch...

I understand that only c.50% of subscriptions funds actually go to the streamer.

Not so good.
    You're right. Think what I'll do so is use Coingate.

Another option is uploading an app to the Play Store with in-app purchases and pay yourself through it, not exactly convenient but it's better than letting 3 have it all.

RossD12 wrote: »
    You're right. Think what I'll do so is use Coingate.

Another option is uploading an app to the Play Store with in-app purchases and pay yourself through it, not exactly convenient but it's better than letting 3 have it all.

You'll lose 30% to Google with in-app purchases.

I currently use my credit to pay for Microsoft office subscription @ €7/month, and I've just started paying €2/month for 100gb on Google, as I'm heavily reliant on it these days.

Another thing I've used a lot of my credit on is buying games on my Nvidia Shield. I've spent probably €60-70 on all the Jackbox Party Packs. Great entertainment when all the rellies get together at Xmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Just a heads up for anyone looking at coingate tried it there cost me about 35euro credit for 13.44 euro worth of bitcoin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

So just for the record, at the moment is there a way to use your Three credit to buy US PSN gift cards (via Amazon etc) ?

• Advertisement

No. You can use coingate, get bitcoin, buy them that way.

No other way presently. Never was a way with Amazon.

This will be updated if someone comes up with a way. I've a feeling we won't be seeing any. Three obviously shutting down the methods due to excess fees they're missing out on.

Advertisement