Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-03-2020, 17:58   #5716
martyos121

They did cancel my sports package with immediate effect last week in fairness to them, in contract too but they’ve already applied credit to the account for the lost days. It’s absolutely worth doing so and make sure to tell them to cancel with immediate effect, if they can do it for me they should be able to do it for anyone. The notice period wasn’t even mentioned.
Advertisement
17-03-2020, 18:06   #5717
muffler

Some good news here - sports subscriptions can be paused.
02-04-2020, 11:09   #5718
kilburn

Just wanted to share my experience with Sky this morning, cancelled one month ago, rang to discuss sending the equipment back.

Corona virus or not sky expect you to break the curfew, put your health at risk and post their equipment back, if they don't receive the equipment within 60 days they will still fine you up to 300 quid for the Q box, mini box and router.

But hey we will give it back to you when we get the stuff back, they refused all other suggestions of getting the stuff collected by courier or getting their installers to collect.
02-04-2020, 15:46   #5719
Mr Velo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilburn View Post
Just wanted to share my experience with Sky this morning, cancelled one month ago, rang to discuss sending the equipment back.

Corona virus or not sky expect you to break the curfew, put your health at risk and post their equipment back, if they don't receive the equipment within 60 days they will still fine you up to 300 quid for the Q box, mini box and router.

But hey we will give it back to you when we get the stuff back, they refused all other suggestions of getting the stuff collected by courier or getting their installers to collect.
Did they send out the box to you to send the stuff back?
Tomorrow is D-Day for us, our service finishing as we called on March 2nd to cancel. Haven't received anything from them yet though - even though i think they had said we would be receiving packaging to send it back.
02-04-2020, 15:48   #5720
kilburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Velo
Did they send out the box to you to send the stuff back? Tomorrow is D-Day for us, our service finishing as we called on March 2nd to cancel. Haven't received anything from them yet though - even though i think they had said we would be receiving packaging to send it back.

I received the box for the router still waiting for box for q box
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-04-2020, 15:49   #5721
Mr Velo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilburn View Post
I received the box for the router still waiting for box for q box
Just the Q box to go back from here.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic