Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Shimmy! wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for a SuperKing size zip and link mattress (medium firmness). Turns out our access ways are not big enough to get the SuperKing mattress in so need to find a zip and link alternative.

I can see online that the Hilton 2000 mattress can be ordered in zip and link but I read further up in this thread that there is questions over quality as it may or may not have 2000 springs in it.

Are there any good alternatives?

Thank you!

HI Shimmy

YOu could consider a natural latex model (very flexible)or a vacuum packed model. We have both in stock. We also just got a consignment of Silent Night brands, Hilton Suite Dreams contract (Hotel) Zip and Link mattresses. We will be selling these for 499 euro which is really good value. We also have the other Hilton 2000 which is a pocket sprung zip and link in stock. Other zip and links in stock are Irishbeds .ie Emerald 1000, Diamond 2000 and Royal 3000.

Give a call if it suits on 043 3341895 / 043 3345488

Bigmickey.ie

Wesser wrote: »
    Hi mick.

im looking for a wooden headboard for a divan bed with struts to attach it.
    Looking for a slightly distressed or rustic look. not orangey pine
    4f6i

awaiting your suggestion

wesser.

Hi Wesser

Would a headboard in the colour of the link posted beloe suit ? I will look later today to see if we have anything in stock that might suit ?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/corona-4-door-wardrobe/

Bigmickey

ForestFire wrote: »
    Anyone with any advice on Post above?

Bigmickey, do you supply this brand or would you be able to suggest similar alternatives quality wise that you might stock.

Thanks

Hi again

Forgot to say that we have hundreds of Superking mattresses in stock. You would get something very decent in a run out line/ cancelled order and so on from about 450 euro upwards.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭bladespin

Hi guys, looking for 2 boys single beds taht won't break the bank, suit 8 and 11 yos; frame, mattress and delivery to Navan if poss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Hi Wesser

Would a headboard in the colour of the link posted beloe suit ? I will look later today to see if we have anything in stock that might suit ?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/corona-4-door-wardrobe/

Bigmickey

yes thats what im looking for

• Advertisement

Wesser wrote: »
    yes thats what im looking for

HI

We can supply that to you for 79 euro in double size.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

brightkane wrote: »

Hi brightkane

Harvey Norman have labels that you will only find in their shop on most of their mattresses so you will only find that one in Harvey Norman I'd say however we have 800 pocket king mattress from 150 euro.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi brightkane

Harvey Norman have labels that you will only find in their shop on most of their mattresses so you will only find that one in Harvey Norman I'd say however we have 800 pocket king mattress from 150 euro.

Thanks

Bigmickey

What would be best on the 300 range king?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hello do you sell Zip and link beds please as iv a king size and it's too big for the room... thsnks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Do you sell upholstered headboards separately? And can you deliver to Ratoath?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 auris00

What kind of bed base would be best for this mattress?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/platinum-memory-2000-pocket-sprung/

Would a bed frame with wooden slats (solid slats, not the springy kind) be ok?

Thanks

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hello do you sell Zip and link beds please as iv a king size and it's too big for the room... thsnks

Yes. Loads in stock. What size do you need ?

Bigmickey.ie Team

auris00 wrote: »
    What kind of bed base would be best for this mattress?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/platinum-memory-2000-pocket-sprung/

Would a bed frame with wooden slats (solid slats, not the springy kind) be ok?

Thanks

Yes , Perfectly fine.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Free delivery anywhere in Ireland. Every type is possible.

Bigmickey.ie Team

bladespin wrote: »
    Hi guys, looking for 2 boys single beds taht won't break the bank, suit 8 and 11 yos; frame, mattress and delivery to Navan if poss.

Free Delivery nationwide. Best value quality single bed is Vogue at 299 euro for bed and base. It's an Orthopedic set.

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Looking for standard double bed

brightkane wrote: »
    What would be best on the 300 range king?

Did you buy from us before ? We have hundreds of different ones in the warehouse. Best to call and have a look if you can. There are always bargains. If you can't call we can pick you something decent for 300 euro. We got a mixed container in today and there will be something in it to suit your budget of high quality

Bigmickey.ie

Did you buy from us before ? We have hundreds of different ones in the warehouse. Best to call and have a look if you can. There are always bargains. If you can't call we can pick you something decent for 300 euro. We got a mixed container in today and there will be something in it to suit your budget of high quality

Bigmickey.ie

Yeah. Bunk beds last year and prior to that a king divan with drawers. Headboard and 2 king mattresses. Will try and drop in when heading west next

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paremon2

Looking to get 2x king size pocket sprung mattresses for a new home. Priorities: non-sagging, healthy, value. Budget; mid-range (600 to 1,000 max for master bedroom, ~500 to 800 max for spare bedroom). Been looking at Respas (KingKoil too expensive for what they are).

Trying to decide whether to go with one with either;
    A. A box-topper.
    Pros: removable, rotatable, flippable. Comfort (from topper) & support (from mattress underneath).
    Cons: Been told they'd sag sooner than a non-box-topper mattress (true?). Expensive to replace (~€400?)
    E.g. Respa Sublime Support 2000 morgandoyles.com/product/respa-5-sublime-support-2000-pocket-mattress/

B. Non box-topper
    Cons: sag sooner than one with a box-topper? Family member (light weight, in 70s) has 2 mattresses (KingKoil & Respa) which both sagged within 2 to 3 months.
    Difficult to find a comparison (pros & cons) between common mattress ma

C. ThermaCool & SleepFresh technology
    Pros: keeps body cooler (better for sleep) & is healthier (if marketing info is to be believed)
    Cons: can only rotate. Not many of these on the market it seems.
    Been advised by one seller that this is the way to go.
    E.g. Respa Wellness Collection Delight 2000 respabeds.ie/mattress-collections/wellness-collection (can't find it on that website)

D. Open cell foam
    Pros: supposedly cooler (unlike closed cell foam) & healthier
    Cons: need to ensure it's dense enough
    E.g. respabeds.ie/mattress-collections/platinum-pillow-top-collection

Impossible to compare like for like on the market (deliberately done??) as each merchant has different make, model, product code, spec naming conventions etc & pushes different materials as being the bees knees.

Any advice re materials, products or stores to go for welcome.
    @BigMickey; i'm rarely in your direction but interested in your view re the above & what you offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BUMP:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Hi Mickey,

Do you have anything like the Simba Hybrid mattress and if so how much for a King size delivered?

Free delivery anywhere in Ireland. Every type is possible.

Bigmickey.ie Team
    BUMP:

Hi ButtersSuki

We answered you yesterday already as above

Thanks

Paremon2 wrote: »
    Looking to get 2x king size pocket sprung mattresses for a new home. Priorities: non-sagging, healthy, value. Budget; mid-range (600 to 1,000 max for master bedroom, ~500 to 800 max for spare bedroom). Been looking at Respas (KingKoil too expensive for what they are).

Trying to decide whether to go with one with either;
    A. A box-topper.
    Pros: removable, rotatable, flippable. Comfort (from topper) & support (from mattress underneath).
    Cons: Been told they'd sag sooner than a non-box-topper mattress (true?). Expensive to replace (~€400?)
    E.g. Respa Sublime Support 2000 morgandoyles.com/product/respa-5-sublime-support-2000-pocket-mattress/

B. Non box-topper
    Cons: sag sooner than one with a box-topper? Family member (light weight, in 70s) has 2 mattresses (KingKoil & Respa) which both sagged within 2 to 3 months.
    Difficult to find a comparison (pros & cons) between common mattress ma

C. ThermaCool & SleepFresh technology
    Pros: keeps body cooler (better for sleep) & is healthier (if marketing info is to be believed)
    Cons: can only rotate. Not many of these on the market it seems.
    Been advised by one seller that this is the way to go.
    E.g. Respa Wellness Collection Delight 2000 respabeds.ie/mattress-collections/wellness-collection (can't find it on that website)

D. Open cell foam
    Pros: supposedly cooler (unlike closed cell foam) & healthier
    Cons: need to ensure it's dense enough
    E.g. respabeds.ie/mattress-collections/platinum-pillow-top-collection

Impossible to compare like for like on the market (deliberately done??) as each merchant has different make, model, product code, spec naming conventions etc & pushes different materials as being the bees knees.

Any advice re materials, products or stores to go for welcome.
    @BigMickey; i'm rarely in your direction but interested in your view re the above & what you offer.

Hi

Looks like you have it all covered there yourself. Try before you buy is the best advice I can give you.

Bigmickey.ie

reni10 wrote: »
    Hi Mickey,

Do you have anything like the Simba Hybrid mattress and if so how much for a King size delivered?

We have some Dormeo for €249 in Kingsize. They come vacuum packed like Simba

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paremon2

Hi

Looks like you have it all covered there yourself. Try before you buy is the best advice I can give you.

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks but I don't have it covered at all, hence the request for advice. Again, do you have any view on what material type to go for given the criteria at the top of the post, your experience & do you sell anything specific that compares with any of the exampled mattresses? Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I am looking for a memory foam for a bed that is adjustable and orthopedic but extra long 3ft by 6ft 6 as the last mattress still in wrapper was too short thanks.

greasepalm wrote: »
    I am looking for a memory foam for a bed that is adjustable and orthopedic but extra long 3ft by 6ft 6 as the last mattress still in wrapper was too short thanks.

Is it just a 3ft X 6ft 6inch mattress that you need ? You have the bed already ?

We generally sell a full natural latex mattress for adjustable beds as they need to be very flexible and natural latex is just that.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Paremon2 wrote: »
    Thanks but I don't have it covered at all, hence the request for advice. Again, do you have any view on what material type to go for given the criteria at the top of the post, your experience & do you sell anything specific that compares with any of the exampled mattresses? Any help appreciated.

Hi again

You are totally correct in what you say. The bed business is a mine field.

Have you actually gone in to different stores and tried these models out or just researched on line ? I will tell you why I ask when you answer .

Bigmickey.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Is it just a 3ft X 6ft 6inch mattress that you need ? You have the bed already ?

We generally sell a full natural latex mattress for adjustable beds as they need to be very flexible and natural latex is just that.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Yes i have the bed already and its just a mattress i require 3ft x 6ft 6 as i am a heavy person with a back issue and not had a good sleep for 3 months so wondering what you might have thanks.

Advertisement