Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

• Registered Users Posts: 5 poisonDwarfd

Xwebstar wrote: »

6 months no?

No idea, the handbook on that page says “Cardholder can dispute
    transaction up until day 120” while the postal form says 60 days. I'll get on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Tony H

ordered an hour ago , dispatched just now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Tony H

delivered today , now that was fast , thanks OP great phone , OH is delighted with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone else keep getting phones from them that they never paid for?

I have had another two phones delivered to my house from Vodafone that I never bought. Has another two delivered few weeks back as well.

I am out of the country for few months and had a few orders cancelled but fully refunded back in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone else keep getting phones from them that they never paid for?

I have had another two phones delivered to my house from Vodafone that I never bought. Has another two delivered few weeks back as well.

I am out of the country for few months and had a few orders cancelled but fully refunded back in December.

Lucky you !

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Lucky you !

Not necessarily. You're allowed to keep unsolicited goods without making any effort of trying to return to the sender.

Goods sent in error are a different story though. They technically are still the property of the sender and the sender can take legal remedy to recover said goods or the value thereof.

Will send them a message on twitter to arrange collection of the phones and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Paddy_man wrote: »

One of my colleagues couldn't get his phone unlocked by them for over a month, ended up tweeting the following: CEO Anne O’Leary, Director of Strategy Liam O’Brien

No response from CEO but replying to her tweets and his got a response from him to get things moving. Reply to there tweets slating them and the issue you have with the refund, they'll want to get rid of you quick smart to stop the negative press on their tweets.

Might have to take that route. I left them 8 days to try resolve it without me hounding them. Sent a message today and got a brand new staff member who had me start all over again. Ended the conversation with the standard "I'll send them an email and let you know what they say...".

Jesus wept.

Tbh I'd nearly be happier if they just sent me the phone as my current one is pushing 5 years old and is on its last legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 poisonDwarfd

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Might have to take that route. I left them 8 days to try resolve it without me hounding them. Sent a message today and got a brand new staff member who had me start all over again. Ended the conversation with the standard "I'll send them an email and let you know what they say...".

Jesus wept.

Tbh I'd nearly be happier if they just sent me the phone as my current one is pushing 5 years old and is on its last legs.

Got a very good bargain off three before xmas when they were presumably price matching- they currently have the Huawei P Smart €70 off retail ATM if you have another spare SIM.

I've initiated a chargeback with AIB for these mongos. Sent them a DM om twitter as a last chance, I already know what to expect.

• Advertisement

I've initiated a chargeback with AIB for these mongos. Sent them a DM om twitter as a last chance, I already know what to expect.

I paid with Revolut. I'll have to look at their chargeback policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭micks_address

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I paid with Revolut. I'll have to look at their chargeback policy.

i had good experience on twitter with them.. sent dm and they replied almost immediately.. took a bit of over and back as one of the orders they couldnt find their end at all, but they they sill refunded.. i sent them a screenshot of the charge on my bank account

i had good experience on twitter with them.. sent dm and they replied almost immediately.. took a bit of over and back as one of the orders they couldnt find their end at all, but they they sill refunded.. i sent them a screenshot of the charge on my bank account

Yes I've done all that. Twitter + screenshots. I've now initiated a chargeback via Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

anybody figured out how to get a windows 8 pc recognise the phone when you connect it?

Win10 pc in work can pick it up, but not a win 8 pc at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭micks_address

daheff wrote: »
    anybody figured out how to get a windows 8 pc recognise the phone when you connect it?

Win10 pc in work can pick it up, but not a win 8 pc at home.

Are you going into phone settings and selecting file transfer? When it's connected

Are you going into phone settings and selecting file transfer? When it's connected

Yup

I can get a win 10 PC (work)to find it but not a win 8(home).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

daheff wrote: »
    Yup

I can get a win 10 PC (work)to find it but not a win 8(home).

Yeah I use to have the same issue with a Samsung galaxy a8. Wouldn't connect on Windows 8

upgrade to windows 10.

at this stage it's far far better than windows 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

glasso wrote: »
    upgrade to windows 10.

at this stage it's far far better than windows 8.

+1 for that. You can easily get a free Win 10 upgrade. Win 8 is not secure anymore.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    +1 for that. You can easily get a free Win 10 upgrade. Win 8 is not secure anymore.

windows 8 is actually supported to end 2022, it's windows 7 that recently lost support.

all the same, windows 10 is a lot more preferable to windows 8 or 8.1 imo.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Not necessarily. You're allowed to keep unsolicited goods without making any effort of trying to return to the sender.

Goods sent in error are a different story though. They technically are still the property of the sender and the sender can take legal remedy to recover said goods or the value thereof.

Told them they could collect, been a week and they are still adamant on me paying for registered postage. That is not going to happen.

After a week they tell me they will compensate me etc but looking at their CS reviews and their twitter page, it wont happen or I will be waiting months.

So now what....

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Told them they could collect, been a week and they are still adamant on me paying for registered postage. That is not going to happen.

After a week they tell me they will compensate me etc but looking at their CS reviews and their twitter page, it wont happen or I will be waiting months.

So now what....

They sent them to you in error and it's their responsibility to collect. I certainly wouldn't be forking out on posting them back.

Quackster wrote: »
    They sent them to you in error and it's their responsibility to collect. I certainly wouldn't be forking out on posting them back.

I have told them this, so its up to them now. I sent them a final message saying they are welcome to take possession of the items, they have my name and address where these can be collected from. I will not be sending these back myself under any circumstance. My job was to inform them and offer them the option to take possession of the phones.

I have told them this, so its up to them now. I sent them a final message saying they are welcome to take possession of the items, they have my name and address where these can be collected from. I will not be sending these back myself under any circumstance. My job was to inform them and offer them the option to take possession of the phones.

You're a good egg, you seem like the type of guy most of our parents wish we grew up as. :)

But we didn't, we're instead the type that get excited by a discounted phone that we do not need and wonder why we ended up in so much debt when we retire.

Tell them you are going to start charging them for storage of their products. Tell them you are giving them X number of days to collect & then you are disposing of the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Is there anything stopping one from porting to vodafone to qualify for the discount, and then porting out to another network immediately after?

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    Is there anything stopping one from porting to vodafone to qualify for the discount, and then porting out to another network immediately after?

Can't see anything to stop you. I did one better, ordered one and had the port date set for after I received it.

Cancelled the port before it took place, and kept the phone

Basil3 wrote: »
    Can't see anything to stop you. I did one better, ordered one and had the port date set for after I received it.

Cancelled the port before it took place, and kept the phone

how do you cancel a port?

glasso wrote: »
    how do you cancel a port?

Called Vodafone, they put me through to the porting team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Are these dual SIM does anyone know?

Advertisement