Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Reviews starting to come out on this game a its out in japan next week, looking very positive....
    Prepare to die
    Words cannot describe how much I'm looking forward to Dark Souls. I feel like a kid again waiting for this game. Japanese magazine Dengeki has given it 90/90/95/95 from four reviewers with one saying that they only gave it 90 because it was too hard!

The buzz this game is generating is great too, you can see all the other sites going on and on about Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield and so on but I really feel this game is gonna dent a lot of the biggies cash wise when I look at the comments about Dark Souls.

A real fan’s game that will do well because it treats its fans with respect, it's so rare for a complete game to be released with no intention of downloadable content and a load of bonuses for no extra cash to boot. Well done From Software long may you and your wonderful games continue.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/874995-games-inbox-dark-souls-review-hacking-deus-ex-and-advising-nintendo#ixzz1XjziohaB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I can't remember having such levels of anticipation for a game for about 10 years. I can only feel I'll be somewhat underwhelmed.

Demons Souls was such a surprise. More of the same (which is what Dark Souls appears to be) will surely just see an earlier plateuing of excitement as familiarity sets in all that much readier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

According to Japanese gaming blog Esuteru,

Gamers(not press) who've managed to get a early copy of Dark Souls are currently being punished, the dev team are throwing horrifically overpowered, maximum level Black Phantoms at the players who got their copy before the release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Varik wrote: »
    According to Japanese gaming blog Esuteru,

Gamers(not press) who've managed to get a early copy of Dark Souls are currently being punished, the dev team are throwing horrifically overpowered, maximum level Black Phantoms at the players who got their copy before the release date.

That will teach them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I love From Software. (link to whats mentioned above). The Black Phantoms in question have 150k health, and was far more powerful then even a 60+ hours character.

http://kotaku.com/5842561/early-dark-souls-players-thwarted-in-typically-brutal-fashion

I so can't wait for this game. Less then 2 weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Thats class, a black phantom invader can really screw you up at times.

EDGE's reviewers are 60+ hours in, should have a review any day so.

It's out in Japan today i think, so we should hopefully start seeing loads of reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just ordered from gamestop.ie - just short of €45 delivered with express postage. I got Gears 3 a day early using the same service. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Just ordered from gamestop.ie - just short of €45 delivered with express postage. I got Gears 3 a day early using the same service. :)

Do they take the money immediately or w8 til is shipped ??

• Advertisement

tonydude wrote: »
    Do they take the money immediately or w8 til is shipped ??

They wait AFAIK, but take a look on the site, it should be there somewhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ugh, just did the same (opted for normal postage though 'cos I'm cheap :p).

*cuts up credit card to resist further temptation over the coming months*

*sellotapes it back together when realises Uncharted 3 / DoDonPachi are coming out*

Gamestop.ie use Laser? Happy days. I cut up my credit card recently, and haven't been able to order games online. Dark Souls ordered there, and will probably pre-order a few more. Hopefully it won't take the money straight away...as i don't think i have any.

Ok, it does take the money out straight away :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Sent them a message regarding the preorder payment system so when i get a response ill let ye know, need to fill my paypal account to soften the blow

Edit :Ok just got this , they were fast responding

''Hi,

Payment is taken in full on placing your pre-order. Should the price go up before release you will still only pay the pre-ordered price, however, should the price be reduced we will refund you the difference. Also if you decide to cancel your order we will refund your card in full. Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a lovely day!

Kind Regards,
    Rebecca.''

If you pay with Laser, they will take it out straight away. They just did for me, which is fair enough.

Express delivery with Gamestop.ie for me.

Look like there'll be a few of us getting pre-release copies so. Bring on the Black Phantoms!! (not really, I always freak out when I get invaded :P)

I'm looking forward to hopefully being invaded by a BP with 150k health. I'll die, but i'll die laughing. Then i'll resurrect and try and ruin someone else's day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

penev10 wrote: »
    (not really, I always freak out when I get invaded :P)

Ha Ha me too.

Run away, run away very fast. Jesus that was close thankfully he got bored and left.

Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Which version guys - PS3 or Xbox 360?

I went for the PS3, as i have Demons Souls on that. Figured there probably isn't much difference gameplay, but my Xbox Live account is currently inactive.

• Advertisement

PS3

Hopefully PSN behaves itself. Had a few weird World Tendency shifts last time around but nothign worth complaining about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So have been following the community closely and have been watching streams the last few days. I told myself I wouldn't but I couldn't resist.

Have a good idea of the main game mechanics now and what differs from Demon's Souls. One thing I can confirm is this is ALOT harder than it's older brother and you're looking at 100+ hours completion time if you don't use a guide!! :eek:

It is going to absolutely crush new players, I honestly can't see it being too big on the Xbox it's brutal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Big Knox wrote: »
    So have been following the community closely and have been watching streams the last few days. I told myself I wouldn't but I couldn't resist.

Have a good idea of the main game mechanics now and what differs from Demon's Souls. One thing I can confirm is this is ALOT harder than it's older brother and you're looking at 100+ hours completion time if you don't use a guide!! :eek:

It is going to absolutely crush new players, I honestly can't see it being too big on the Xbox it's brutal!!

:D Cant wait !! gonna be the only game in my PS3 till skyrim i reckon.

Think your right about not being too big on xbox, everyone knows xbox players are noobs !!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

PS3

Its the lead platform, but besides that it will give me something to actually play on the thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've just started following @kezamacdonald on Twitter. She is IGN UK's games editor and is playing through the game and updating as she goes. She's not giving too much away, but by all accounts if you thought Demons souls was hard, you ain't seen nothin yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

weiland79 wrote: »
    I've just started following @kezamacdonald on Twitter. She is IGN UK's games editor and is playing through the game and updating as she goes. She's not giving too much away, but by all accounts if you thought Demons souls was hard, you ain't seen nothin yet!

A girl is doing the review??? She's never going to finish it, we all know girls are horrible at games this will eat her up!!! :P

It won't bother her as much when the game grabs her by the balls and twists...like the previous one did to me many many times.

Linky.

The bonfires sound like a masterstroke. Safe areas that make the game harder :)

Just read that there. Sounds fantastic. Throwing double Maneaters at you within first few hours? **** sake :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I just really hope they toe the line between cheap hard and challenging hard. Its From so I trust em, but one article I read mentioning at least one stealth death is ever so slight cause for concern.

Advertisement