Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Clancy's The Division

1178179180181182184»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    This global event is a good time to play Survival if you haven't got the shield. Makes it easier that you can shock the harder enemies and the hunters.

I'm aiming to get this shield by the end of the weekend.

Yeah you could be right. Might finally get around to this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 snapple954

Just wondering if anyone is playing the the Division? I have played with players from all over the world but I haven't come across any Irish players. I would love to gain a few new friends to roam the Dark Zone withðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

• Registered Users Posts: 29,469 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kylo Ren wrote: »
    Too good...

*Cynical stare*

Clicking the link above, was nice to read some of the early comments. Mystic Kylo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Haven't played in a while but I was in Belfast earlier walking past where the large Primark building burned down and I thought I had just entered the Dark zone looking back at the baracade.

• Advertisement

Tempted to pick this up again (for the 3rd time) as it's a great Christmas game imo. I'll have to get the division 2 digitally to save me this bollox. Anyone still playing it? Are there still rewards to unlock for Div 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Tempted to pick this up again (for the 3rd time) as it's a great Christmas game imo. I'll have to get the division 2 digitally to save me this bollox. Anyone still playing it? Are there still rewards to unlock for Div 2?

I made a 5th character last Christmas. Actually deleted a fully ranked character and went again. The reason I did it? I needed to equip a white, green, blue, purple and gold piece of gear for a 5 point achievement score and had nothing white.
    I still have to pick up some of the shields may do some of them this holiday (current characters only)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

While i loved the division i dont understand how anyone can continue to play for more than 3-4 weeks with such limited content.
    Amazing world, great gunplay etc etc but the loot system is terrible, it all feels pointless very early with nothing to grind for no gear threadmill to keep you coming back for more.

I hope they actually understand this time round that the meat of a looter game is loot and real progression grind.

Everything available in the game i got within days and after a few weeks we had everything for any build we wanted making it just too easy to destroy content, power creep is a real issue.
    What is the point of getting every item so easily then wipe the floor with the content for no meaningful reward because you already had the best the game had to offer..

They could learn a lot from WOW and other MMO games to keep the cycle going and keep the players coming back for more, its no surprise to see rise in player count when the few DLC dropped but within days the numbers dropped off dramatically.
    Obviously like myself players want to play more and keep coming back but it never had anywhere near enough content to keep players invested.

Fingers crossed Div 2 will be different but i highly doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Aye but MMOs are (usually) subscription based, ongoing dev is financed on a reasonably predictable basis. For the cost of the base game and DLCs there is now a great amount of content. After 500 hours or so I was still trying new sets and weapon combinations, there was never enough div-tech until this last phase where it started raining. Yes the playable area barely changed, but most of the new modes were decent. The real engagement came from how much I liked the core game mechanics, it mitigated the eventual lack of topology boredom (that said though I never stopped marvelling at the game world, never stopped to enjoy sunrise on a main street right after an intense firefight?).

I've seen you make the same point for a number of similar titles, and while you are absolutely right I think the issue is more with your expectations of a game model that doesn't fit your wishes, no matter how much the base game quality makes us both wish there was simply more of it.
    Bottom line without a sub none of them are going to have near infinite end-game, Div2 will be no different in that regard unless they change their content delivery model (which I wouldn't mind at all, I'd happily pay for regular content expanding DLCs based on the quality of their work (whereas I despise having to give any to Bungie at this stage)).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Totally agree but both destiny and warframe off the top of my head are doing a far better job of creating ongoing content and they are just examples within this particular genre.
    Path of exile,Grim Dawn and to a lesser extent Diablo 3 are all seeing regular content updates be it via free large patches or paid expansions and DLC.
    The real engagement came from how much I liked the core game mechanics, it mitigated the eventual lack of topology boredom

This so true but i just think they can do better in terms of content, im not just talking about playable areas i mean loot and more to the point create a lot more set items for new builds etc.
    That would go a hell of a long way and wouldnt cost the earth to impliment either.

Look at the kanias cube that came in a diablo 3 patch for example, such a clever feature added so much limitless possibilities for gear without the need to create more playable areas.
    At its core the division has/had everything in place that just needed a little imagination to extent the life for the players.

You dont need to be subcsription based to have great endgame content.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I made a 5th character last Christmas. Actually deleted a fully ranked character and went again. The reason I did it? I needed to equip a white, green, blue, purple and gold piece of gear for a 5 point achievement score and had nothing white.
    I still have to pick up some of the shields may do some of them this holiday (current characters only)

I picked this up again today, only 6 quid in cex. Downloading the update, I had a look at the patch notes and saw it might fix your problem above. Said it changed from white to white/exotic to make it accessible to all players without creating new characters. Said it was for some commendation called rainbow 6. Not sure if that was the issue you had?

Looking forward to giving this a go again. Might even try for platinum before Div 2.

I already platinumed it, the reason I went back was to get a +5 commendation score, I know, totally.
    It was playing on my mind.

Just checking my trophies, the extract an item from each dark zone should be fun, have only done 1. I have the 4 collectible trophies to get so will do those first which will give me a ton of xp/weapons in while I do it.

I know it's not needed for the platinum but I was looking at the dlc trophies and saw only 2.5% of people who played Survival completed it. I loved that game mode but never finished it. Hoping Div 2 has a similar mode but bigger/longer where you can save at checkpoints if you can't finish it in one go.

I hated survival, the cold mechanic and the fact you can't see in the blizzard, urgh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I have yet to start my Survival commendation! :pac:

But I love the mode. It's just a shame they never rewarded you for doing it. I actually love that you can't see in the blizzard, especially with neutral lighting.

Got a 4K TV and a new GPU for Christmas so I've been checking out Division in higher resolutions. It really is a gorgeous world they created. Stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Anyone still playing this!? Got the gold edition recently in a sale for €10. Enjoying it so far.

Anyone still playing this!? Got the gold edition recently in a sale for €10. Enjoying it so far.

One of 2 physical games i have left but it's only with 1.50 to sell so I'm holding onto it. Enjoyed it much more than division 2. Better story, location and survivor mode is class.

For the urge to install this again to finally complete a game of Survival. Also tempted to get back to my campaign to finish the platinum. If Die Hard is the best Christmas film, i think The Division is the best Christmas game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I downloaded it a couple months back as I was missing running through the snowy streets of NY but ever since the PS5 came out I’m being spoiled with all these 60fps games, I just can’t play 30fps games anymore. Had to delete it again not long after. Tried clearing Far Cry 5 (or4?) from my backlog as well and I just can’t get used to 30fps, it just feels like the game is lagging or something.

Would love a current gen patch for this but I’d doubt it’ll ever happen.

• Advertisement

PlayStation. Hoggie, yeah definitely noticed on the sluggish side but the NY snowy atmosphere is top notch, definitely helps draw me back in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

PC Here unfortunately - definately preffered this to Division 2.

Advertisement