Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Xmas money-off coupons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

just curious did anyone try use them in petrol station after??

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

vickers209 wrote: »
    just curious did anyone try use them in petrol station after??

i did yesterday,
    works perfect,
    so filled up 60.01 eur
    got a discount for 9 eur,
    payabdle 51.01.
    great xmas present from tesco

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Got 3 10 euro coupons (when u spend 70) in the post today aswell as a double points coupon each valid for a week starting from 3 Dec ,one per week for the next 3 weeks, double points the week after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I still have nada from Tesco however Dunnes just sent me €10 off a €50 spend which will come in very handy thank you very much. That's on top of the last lot they had recently (was is €8 off €40, can't remember). Dunnes are certainly winning at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

deelite wrote: »
    I was watching Martin Lewis Money Show during the week about your unused vouchers. there's a section on their website (either Tesco or club card one) and once you put in your club card number there's a box to click on my vouchers where it shows you all your unused vouchers. You may have misplaced or lost the vouchers and apparently you can print them out. There was one woman who had nearly £100 in unused vouchers.

I found the place to do this on the UK Tesco site, but not on the Irish one.
    So I filled this form and asked about it. The reply:
    --
    I'm afraid that it isn't possible to print out your unused Clubcard vouchers on our website. However, I'll be happy to check your Clubcard account for you and, if you have any unused vouchers, send them to you with your next statement.
    --
    I'll update the thread with news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

LavaLamp wrote: »
    I still have nada from Tesco however Dunnes just sent me €10 off a €50 spend which will come in very handy thank you very much. That's on top of the last lot they had recently (was is €8 off €40, can't remember). Dunnes are certainly winning at the moment :D

Same here got nothing from them but did get Dunnes ones !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056823950

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

quaalude wrote: »
    --
    I'm afraid that it isn't possible to print out your unused Clubcard vouchers on our website. However, I'll be happy to check your Clubcard account for you and, if you have any unused vouchers, send them to you with your next statement.
    --

Oh that's interesting that you can't do it from here .... keep us informed. They also don't do double points (not the voucher one) on your shopping like they do in the UK.

--
    --

Just heard back - got €17 worth of vouchers, they'll be in my next statement!
    I encourage all to do the same - just takes a sec to fill the form and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭CH3OH

After a bit of Email table tennis...
    The nice girl in Tesco Customer Service said she would send me a Tesco Gift card because I was so upset!
    probably to get rid of me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

nothing from Tesco but did get Dunnes ones and spent nearly 100 yesterday. Sorry Tesco but the difference is...Dunnes sent me coupons;)

ps- originally was meant to go to Tescos as they are slightly closer for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

uli84 wrote: »
    nothing from Tesco but did get Dunnes ones and spent nearly 100 yesterday. Sorry Tesco but the difference is...Dunnes sent me coupons;)

ps- originally was meant to go to Tescos as they are slightly closer for me

some price match dunnes vs others:
    bulmers 18x500ml: dunnes 24eur (deal!) vs obriens off license 22 eur
    baileys 700ml: dunnes 13eur (deal!) vs tesco 10 eur
    jameson 700ml: dunnes 19 eur (deal!) vs obriens 17.99 eur.

i dont want to say, that dunnes often is a more expensive choice, but usually it is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

andersat2 wrote: »
    some price match dunnes vs others:
    bulmers 18x500ml: dunnes 24eur (deal!) vs obriens off license 22 eur
    baileys 700ml: dunnes 13eur (deal!) vs tesco 10 eur
    jameson 700ml: dunnes 19 eur (deal!) vs obriens 17.99 eur.

i dont want to say, that dunnes often is a more expensive choice, but usually it is. :)

Superquinn are currently running 3 x 8 pack mix and match offer on a range of 500ml cans for €24.00. Bulmers, Carlsberg, Heineken, Budweiser, Coors Light and Guinness. So a full tray of Bulmers for €24 beats both of these.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Just heard back - got €17 worth of vouchers, they'll be in my next statement!
    I encourage all to do the same - just takes a sec to fill the form and ask.

Thanks for this tip. I filled out the form, and got a phone call. Shocked to find i had €5.50 in unused vouchers and theyd be in my next statement. Not much, but rather in my pocket than theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Can confirm these work on petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Tesco have distributed money off coupons via a door to door junk mail leaflet in Arklow.
    €10 off an €80 spend.
    I nearly binned it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I did a shop and got a voucher with my receipt

Very Very Strange - I received 30 euro in vouchers this morning heading on voucher was "Reprinted".

I never contacted Tesco about possible unused vouchers..... nice surprise though (going straight off the electric bill). Anybody else get something similar?

deelite wrote: »
    Very Very Strange - I received 30 euro in vouchers this morning heading on voucher was "Reprinted".

I never contacted Tesco about possible unused vouchers..... nice surprise though (going straight off the electric bill). Anybody else get something similar?

Very nice, deelite!
    I got the same type in the post this morning - the €17 unused vouchers. Will get €34 off the gas bill, not bad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I got same.
    They're just re-issued unused Tesco clubcard vouchers. Bit of a con job imo :mad:

I'm saving mine up so I can't use these 'new' ones or they cancel the old ones out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

slave1 wrote: »
    I've been holding onto my Tesco clubcard points coupon since they had that spate of 50% off frozen food and the like offer a year or so ago using your coupons.
    I've just past the €200 mark in unused coupons now (still plenty of time before they expire) but I think at this stage that particular promotion is unlikely to be repeated...

would you not but it against your gas bill if you're with bord gais... they double it.. we got 180 off our bill for having 90 quid in vouchers.. hand out like

• Advertisement

CH3OH wrote: »
    Tesco have distributed money off coupons via a door to door junk mail leaflet in Arklow.
    €10 off an €80 spend.
    I nearly binned it

I was in Tesco Clearwater today and these vouchers aren't working/scanning there were a few people going up to Customer Services to get their refund back, they may have used the self scan I'm not sure. So just make sure when you're using the voucher that your ten euro is coming off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

would you not but it against your gas bill if you're with bord gais... they double it.. we got 180 off our bill for having 90 quid in vouchers.. hand out like

That's what I'm thinking about alright, just need to get some time together to see the price differential (electricity only for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

slave1 wrote: »
    That's what I'm thinking about alright, just need to get some time together to see the price differential (electricity only for me)

still .. its a win win situation its basically double your money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Yeah i got the same amount, as you get so much everytime you top up with tescomobile.

Do Tesco do the same as Tesco UK with their preorders on dvd/blurays, can you place a preorder on any item?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I got the reissussed vouchers also. So if I use them, are my old ones invalid then?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

kaji wrote: »
    I got the reissussed vouchers also. So if I use them, are my old ones invalid then?

They say re-printed so I imagine they are the same as the old ones so once used they are no longer able to be scanned again.

I got about €18 worth of them yesterday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I got €5 in reprinted vouchers in the post today, nice surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I used mine this morning but I was prepared if she said she wasn't taking them. All went through. When I totted them up in the end, adding in the €9 Multibuy savings I saved €30.17 today. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Got 3x €3 off a €20 spend in the post today. They do not have any clubcard number on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

snubbleste wrote: »
    Got 3x €3 off a €20 spend in the post today. They do not have any clubcard number on them.

I didn't get them but I did get €24 worth (3 x €8 off a €50 spend) a few weeks ago. They take these coupons in Tesco Petrol.
    Although I'm finding I have to be very "creative" to get the max value ..... :D

I got my usual Clubcard vouchers and coupons today though. The coupons give 100 points (€1) for nothing really which is decent.

Advertisement