Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Import a HPI BAJA form the US

• 31-01-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Has any imported a BAJA from the state ? If so where did you get it from and did you have any problems , i am looking at get one and would like to get some info from anyone who has :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

I hav'nt yet but I will in the next month or so it comes to about €610 (depending on the exchange rate) including shipping but when it comes to the door YOU WILL BE CHARGED customs no doubt about it I'd say it will be around €70, but still €680 is better than €950 from boyztoys:D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

goldwing wrote: »
    I hav'nt yet but I will in the next month or so it comes to about €610 (depending on the exchange rate) including shipping but when it comes to the door YOU WILL BE CHARGED customs no doubt about it I'd say it will be around €70, but still €680 is better than €950 from boyztoys:D

I think you are way off base if you think customs are only going to charge you €70. It'll be between 20-25% of the price plus a "Charge" for wasting there time and that can range anything.

Modelsport do them in the uk for £700.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

You'll get charged 21% VAT, customs & excise of about 3.5% I think, plus €6 for An Post's effort, so on €610 it'll be about €155.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

T-Maxx wrote: »
    You'll get charged 21% VAT, customs & excise of about 3.5% I think, plus €6 for An Post's effort, so on €610 it'll be about €155.

yea an post will charge you aswell but I can't see it being €155 extra as far as I know they charge between 9% to 15% of the price of the actual product so at the most then it would be €91.50

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

goldwing wrote: »
    yea an post will charge you aswell but I can't see it being €155 extra as far as I know they charge between 9% to 15% of the price of the actual product so at the most then it would be €91.50

We'll agree to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sonic2810

hi lads if want some baja info come on over to www.baja-forum.co.uk best bet buy a secondhand one and spend extra on up grades

Advertisement