Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom League 2007 betting opportunity

Options
  • 04-01-2007 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I don't claim to know much about the Eircom League but i've been told and read articles that Shelbourne are in a crisis at the moment and stand to lose their best players and may even be relegated. They are currently 2/1 favourites on Ladbrokes for the league as opposed to 4 or 5/1 everywhere else...Can anyone shed some light on this because I sense an opportunity...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No chance winning the league. I am waiting for th relegation odds to be released to have a punt on them, thats if the bookies dont cop on.

The only way you can profit from it is by laying shels to win the title on betfair when they put the markey up. The odds on betair will probaly be a bit longer though.

Best bet is to take drogs e/w. 4/1 with boyles, might get 5 or 6 with shopping around. Fantastic bet that is i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭$lattman

Yeah I got Drogheda at 5/1, went for an each-way bet and had a bet on Cork at 3/1 too. Hopefully Betfair will have it up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Drogs were 7/1 with Coral yesterday but they've been slashed to 5s, they had a fair few takers that I know of anyway. Their site is a nightmare for non-UK users though, I couldn't get on. Pat's could be the new each way value at 33/1, they've signed Ndo and O'Neill and are rumoured to be talking to Jason Byrne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

what about bohs? I thought they would of been the main team to snap up all the shels players.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If there is any chance of laying Shels for the league title then do it. Pats, Drogs, Cork and Derry are all good shouts so far, but things certainly won't be clearer until the start of the season itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement