Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Packaging!

• 28-01-2002 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a roll of string yesterday, it delcared it was
    environmentaly freindly - on the plastic and card packaging!

This product could have been sold "bare" with just a sticker on the inside of the roll for branding.

You can buy hardly anything loose anymore. If we're serious about cleaning our act up then the government should pass some laws to cut down on the vast amount of plastic and card used to flog product.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Although I agree with you, I would assume the packing is to maintain quality and possibly for hygene reasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by mike65
    I bought a roll of string yesterday, it delcared it was
    environmentaly freindly - on the plastic and card packaging!

Yeah and petrol companies are 'working for a cleaner environment'. :rolleyes:

The string was probably made from some sort of recycled source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by azezil
    I would assume the packing is...for hygene reasons?

Maybe so, but if that was such an issue our parents/grandparents would have all keeled over by now!

I think its all down to branding myself, as one razor
    blade company tries to outshine another with its glitzy design
    and colour scheme.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

whatever happened to yellow pack? The bare packing needed and thats it! KVI is the same though more colour..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Interesting! Thanks for the link, its good to see some of the professionals are thinking similair thoughts.

I used to be a bit of a whiz at graphic design, it brings back memories. :) Where's me art paper and drawing board...

Mike.

Advertisement