Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The next 2 weeks are crucial

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭VonLuck

nthclare wrote: »
    That's absolutely horrific for someone to endure.
    The GAA out on the piss in Clare recently, passing cups and roman holiday saturnalia of manly togetherness in villages up and down the country.
    Drinking hugging and slobbering all over each other like neanderthals and covid supposedly spread like bad news and these goons are allowed to be in togetherness, do the same thing over and over again...

But yet your friend passes away and her grandchildren cannot say goodbye.

Well no, that's not really the case. The GAA were never permitted to have gatherings like that. They broke the restrictions. Technically anyone can do what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I assume you're joking right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you’re struggling with this Nthclare. I was miserable all night too if that helps-
    Misery loves company!
    I was so afraid of further restrictions / disruption that I took my maternity leave really early so I could get ready for my third baby, due start of December. I’ve done nothing. I also planned to get ready for Christmas and my daughters birthday at the start of December because I won’t be able to when baby comes.

My maternity leave started yesterday. I got some PJs for my hospital bag at the weekend but now I can’t get any more bits in Penney’s. My OH is waiting on a covid result so even if I wanted to run out and grab stuff today I can’t. I know how much worse off other people are right but I still keep crying. It’s just rubbish. I’m due two days after level 5 is due to end.

I’m on mat leave as well. I had the baby in the summer. It’s been a relief not to have to deal with WFH & a stressful job but so different to my last mat leave, at times it’s been very lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

That's just tiresome and worn out at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

Tell me they haven't closed dentists?

Ridiculous if they have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

VonLuck wrote: »
    Well no, that's not really the case. The GAA were never permitted to have gatherings like that. They broke the restrictions. Technically anyone can do what they did.

But the gaa get a free pass, that is the difference.

I played at club level myself, and I assure you we were a bunch of clowns when it came to celebrating.

Although I'm off the hooch since 2003, my former drinking buds are still giggery goos and still lushes...

Go figure

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you’re struggling with this Nthclare. I was miserable all night too if that helps-
    Misery loves company!
    I was so afraid of further restrictions / disruption that I took my maternity leave really early so I could get ready for my third baby, due start of December. I’ve done nothing. I also planned to get ready for Christmas and my daughters birthday at the start of December because I won’t be able to when baby comes.

My maternity leave started yesterday. I got some PJs for my hospital bag at the weekend but now I can’t get any more bits in Penney’s. My OH is waiting on a covid result so even if I wanted to run out and grab stuff today I can’t. I know how much worse off other people are right but I still keep crying. It’s just rubbish. I’m due two days after level 5 is due to end.

I wish you well and I hope everything works out, I feel better now.

My sons 20 and I can't even meet up with him.

What a year this is, and I hope your husband gets a negative.
    You've a lot more going on than me, and I shouldn't feel so bad.

You'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Woke up this morning with the feeling someone close to me died last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

nthclare wrote: »
    But the gaa get a free pass, that is the difference.
    It's not really a free pass to be fair. Only the inter-county championship is going ahead, which involves only around 1,500 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You limit funeral attendees to ten but allow hundreds of people mill around the school gates. Pubs, restaurants and hairdressers are gone to the wall yet thirty lads can jump all over each on the GAA pitch.

That’s the killer right there. All the full-time mammies and mad bastards smoking at the gates giving out about about the government while Kayden, Jayden and Okayden snot and slobber all over each other. Might as well not lock anything down if that’s what’s happening. It’s redundant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

rob316 wrote: »
    Woke up this morning with the feeling someone close to me died last night.

Very well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Very little mention of why we didn't ramp up the health system, we've been told it takes 6 months to train an ICU nurse. Why was the time not used effectively? I just remember lots of politicking during the summer lull.

Now we are expected to fast forward and say "There's nothing we could have done"
    Complete cop out morally. As bad as things are I'm glad I'm not a healthcare worker facing into this.

MM is a lame duck and Leo is a ****stirrer. I heard amongst all of the leaking yesterday "simon coveney says Simon Coveney disagreed strongly with going to level 5" Maybe he was the leak all along. He's certainly benefit if the other two fall on their face.

Anyway until the political crisis is sorted via an election we'll be on the merry go round of limbo / yoyo restrictions. No clear plan to extricate us from this public health crisis. Serious lack of imagination. Defeatist attitude.

What he is saying makes no sense, doesn't even believe himself what he is saying.

https://twitter.com/MlMcNamaraTD/status/1316769420677648395?s=20
    https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1318266941224738817?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why can't they go when the funeral is today?

Because there are too many of them .She has a huge family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

6 weeks.....? Does it really need to be six weeks?

I loved how MM, said 'just 6 weeks'

That is a hell of a long time to live under such draconian measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

s1ippy wrote: »
    I meant a doctorate of medicine, which is harder to achieve than others. But yes actually even achieving that usually indicates shortcomings in other areas.

They want us to be scruffy, poorly-kempt fatties so we'll stay away from each other and won't be spreading de virus.

In all seriousness though, the restrictions are absolute rubbish.

Pubs and restaurants, who have gone to enormous expense in some cases to facilitate outdoor dining, having to close. Many will not reopen this time.

Shops are not known to be areas with a lot of spread.

Oh and definitely make sure that not all children get to go to their parents funerals.

But 30 schoolchildren could conceivably go on a school tour to any funeral they wanted.

You can visit the grave though, it didnt mention there had to be a corpse in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We need the championship to get us through the 6 weeks. With everything else closed it's going to be an absolute bore.

And we dont need to mourn our dead ? Seriously ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

forumdedum wrote: »
    Having a doctorate doesn't mean that much sometimes. I know someone who is very intelligent and is yet a complete nut job with no sense of logic.

She is thick.

No, she is not thick. 'Thick' is calling other people thick simply because you don't agree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Very little mention of why we didn't ramp up the health system, we've been told it takes 6 months to train an ICU nurse. Why was the time not used effectively? I just remember lots of politicking during the summer lull.

Now we are expected to fast forward and say "There's nothing we could have done"
    Complete cop out morally. As bad as things are I'm glad I'm not a healthcare worker facing into this.

MM is a lame duck and Leo is a ****stirrer. I heard amongst all of the leaking yesterday "simon coveney says Simon Coveney disagreed strongly with going to level 5" Maybe he was the leak all along. He's certainly benefit if the other two fall on their face.

Anyway until the political crisis is sorted via an election we'll be on the merry go round of limbo / yoyo restrictions. No clear plan to extricate us from this public health crisis. Serious lack of imagination.

They've pinned everything on a somewhat normal Christmas so we might get the election when that inevitably fails.

VonLuck wrote: »

Just to be clear. It wasn't the GAA, it was individual members of clubs who choose to engage in after match parties, outside of activities associated with the matches themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

People seem to be furious this morning. I think 2 or 3 days ago people were expecting 4 (or 4.5) at most. I met a few people in the local village this morning and overreaction is the prevalent opinion.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Very busy on the roads this morning . Don't think people have the appetite for another one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭eggy81

They've pinned everything on a somewhat normal Christmas so we might get the election when that inevitably fails.

So we can put who in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

polesheep wrote: »
    No, she is not thick. 'Thick' is calling other people thick simply because you don't agree with them.
    Ciara comes off as somebody completely detached from reality. She takes the minority, shocker opinion and runs with it against any constructive criticism and everyone backs down because they're like "well I guess you're a doctor". It's nearly like a very tired comedy segment at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

"im visiting a grave". Could a guard actually follow you?

seamus wrote: »
    It's not really a free pass to be fair. Only the inter-county championship is going ahead, which involves only around 1,500 people.

Do the maths on that, and I openly admit that I was an absolute clown after a championship,as were my team mates, and seeing the antics recently they're still clowns.
    Speaking from experience, and a self proclaimed clown acting like a neanderthal after a win or loose.

And back then it was during the 90s, the celebrations have ramped up a lot since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

It's going to be the most straightforward election in history here. It's normal during wartime or pandemics to have leaders who are just not up to it.

Whoever knocks on the door next time around they'll get one question from me. "What's the plan Stan?"

Any doublespeak horse ****e it's the virus's fault. They'll be sent packing. This is not working for the vast majority of people. A change is badly needed before we go bankrupt, the island that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Very busy on the roads this morning . Don't think people have the appetite for another one

Why wouldn't it be? You only have to stay home if you are actually licking people for a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭forumdedum

polesheep wrote: »

Ciara is an attention seeker who mostly goes against the grain. For the sake of going against the grain etc.

She's thick. Nothing you say will change my mind on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    That's just tiresome and worn out at this stage.

I hate that expression.
    Just irritates me so much. Overused as you say but I think it's gotten used so much people don't even know the meaning of it..as every week "the next two weeks are crucial"

I think it's something people regurgitate to make them sound more clever or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement