Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small scale poultry slaughter regulations? Kitchen slaughter?

• 04-08-2020 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with on farm slaughter regs for poultry. I would be below the threshold according to the regulations.

I'm looking to do on farm slaughter on small scale. Looking through the regs, I had intended on converting a small container or something, but the main regs appear to be,
    Smooth and easily cleanble surface
    Flush toilet
    Hot and cold water access for processing and separate hot and cold for hand washing

Our home kitchen is right inside the front door, and a good portion of it is decked out in stainless steel. Would definitely be "smooth and easily cleanable". However to get to the toilet, you have to walk through the living room.

Dirty work (dispatch and plucking) could take place outside, and post plucking work inside.

Anyone done this before? Would the H&S go for it or no?

Advertisement