Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

That's what I thought but why on the self service do you need a staff member to verify transaction? No alcohol or age restricted items, happens every time.

A tale. Match tickets for Croker are barcoded. The ticket is scanned but not held....it is given back to the holder. The first year it happened, tickets were being passed out of the ground..... then sold to unsuspecting people who then could not use them. This is an ongoing though reducing problem..You cannot tell if a barcode has been scanned and used.

It is possible that Dunnes just do not want scanned vouchers out there so assistance is insisted on and the voucher collected by staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,120 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sceach16 wrote: »
    A tale. Match tickets for Croker are barcoded. The ticket is scanned but not held....it is given back to the holder. The first year it happened, tickets were being passed out of the ground..... then sold to unsuspecting people who then could not use them. This is an ongoing though reducing problem..You cannot tell if a barcode has been scanned and used.

It is possible that Dunnes just do not want scanned vouchers out there so assistance is insisted on and the voucher collected by staff.

It's a pity they can't adapt the banknote input to accept the receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Just got an email off Dunnes Stores.
    "Enjoy an exclusive €10 off a €40 grocery shopping voucher".
    Barcode on email valid until 15th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Just got an email off Dunnes Stores.
    "Enjoy an exclusive €10 off a €40 grocery shopping voucher".
    Barcode on email valid until 15th November.

how did you get this mail? is there some sort of mailing list you have signed up to?

Seve OB wrote: »
    how did you get this mail? is there some sort of mailing list you have signed up to?

No idea tbh.
    Couldn't find the old card so took a new one and registered with the email address couple of months ago.
    1st mail I've got off them since registering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

No idea tbh.
    Couldn't find the old card so took a new one and registered with the email address couple of months ago.
    So you gave the email on a Valuclub registration form
    Is the coupon specific to you, valuclub number?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

No idea tbh.

must do that
    i get nothing any more, no emails, no vouchers in the post.... nothing

zell12 wrote: »
    So you gave the email on a Valuclub registration form

Yeah when I was registering it for the 1st time.

Says exclusive on the email so I would assume so.
    must do that
    i get nothing any more, no emails, no vouchers in the post.... nothing

Surely they send you something even if it's only a €2 voucher?
    I've got €2 vouchers off them before.
    Maybe register a new card and see if that works?

Email came from email@email.dunnesstores.com
    Looks like when I signed up, I subscribed to Dunnes Stores Newsletter emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I went to Dunnes this evening with no voucher and the girl on the till scanned her own one needless to say I was delighted to get €10 off my 50 spend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

casio4 wrote:
    I went to Dunnes this evening with no voucher and the girl on the till scanned her own one needless to say I was delighted to get €10 off my 50 spend

I always give any surplus vouchers I have to the girl on the till so that it can be used rather than expiring. I have seen other people do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

I asked in the Shannon Store earlier this week at the customer “service” & was told they aren’t allowed keep them that they must destroy them!!

Can’t say it was delivered in a nice manner so I think it’s about who you meet....

The €5 off voucher weren’t given out today.... anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I spent €200 in Dunnes a few weeks ago and had no vouchers. She went off and asked another member of staff and came back with €30 off for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

Yeah when I was registering it for the 1st time.

Says exclusive on the email so I would assume so.

Surely they send you something even if it's only a €2 voucher?
    I've got €2 vouchers off them before.
    Maybe register a new card and see if that works?

Email came from email@email.dunnesstores.com
    Looks like when I signed up, I subscribed to Dunnes Stores Newsletter emails.

Signed and sealed with Dunnes - never got any money vouchers-must be random offer or minimum spend in store required over say 1st month or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Bannergal wrote: »
    I asked in the Shannon Store earlier this week at the customer “service” & was told they aren’t allowed keep them that they must destroy them!!

Can’t say it was delivered in a nice manner so I think it’s about who you meet....

The €5 off voucher weren’t given out today.... anyone else come across this?
    Nonsense from them, I've seen staff on every till with them, in money bags at times to keep them neat/organised. Shopping last weekend there was still a week left on our voucher and the staff member didn't scan our voucher when I handed it to her, instead scanned another that she had in front of her that must have had a shorter expiry.

beachhead wrote: »
    Signed and sealed with Dunnes - never got any money vouchers-must be random offer or minimum spend in store required over say 1st month or whatever

Afaik, it's 1% back on your Dunnes Valueclub card so to get a €2 voucher, you would have to spend minimum €200.
    Not 100% sure of how long the points last but I got €14 worth of vouchers so hope that wasn't a spend over a month :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

[QUOTE=Bannergal;115102112I

EDITED
    The €5 off voucher weren’t given out today.... anyone else come across this?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Dunnes normally give a 5 off 20 voucher valid the next Sunday to Wednesday if U spend 50 or more Thursday to Saturday.

No such voucher today (Fri 30/10).

permanent TSB go rewards spend €50 get €5 back from today to the 11th Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sceach16 wrote: »
    Yes.

Dunnes normally give a 5 off 20 voucher valid the next Sunday to Wednesday if U spend 50 or more Thursday to Saturday.

No such voucher today (Fri 30/10).

Same here. Only got my €10 back. Sharp practice 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Been to Dunnes today and the lady at the till asked if I knew that alcohol won’t come into play for the €10 off vouchers from November. She’s not sure of when in November, they haven’t been told an exact date but she was just letting people know at the till.

Westeros wrote: »
    Been to Dunnes today and the lady at the till asked if I knew that alcohol won’t come into play for the €10 off vouchers from November. She’s not sure of when in November, they haven’t been told an exact date but she was just letting people know at the till.

That will be the last time I'll be shopping in Dunnes then.

• Advertisement

That will be the last time I'll be shopping in Dunnes then.

same here

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Legally this prohibition will apply to all supermarket loyalty schemes but doesn't come into force until January 12th next year.

I'd be surprised at Dunnes implementing this early in the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

It's a pity they can't adapt the banknote input to accept the receipts.

Tesco self service machines accept the vouchers into the machine after you scan it, so it saves a member of staff having to take them off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,120 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

shmeee wrote: »
    Tesco self service machines accept the vouchers into the machine after you scan it, so it saves a member of staff having to take them off you.

Yes much smoother system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

That’s a massive game changer, couple of years back I saved a fortune using the vouchers with a 2 slabs for €50 on bulmers during the run up to Christmas

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I'd be waiting to hear something more official than one staff member on a till before rushing to judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,873 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

O'Briens have stopped issuing loyalty points on sale of alcohol from November... with time to use them up by mid January.
    Maybe Dunnes are planning something similar.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

kmart6 wrote: »
    I'd be waiting to hear something more official than one staff member on a till before rushing to judgement.

Quackster post above can surely be trusted

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Quackster post above can surely be trusted
    The thing is, it's not entirely clear from the legislation if indeed using spend & save vouchers buying alcohol will be prohibited but it certainly would be against the spirit of the legislation.

The legislation specifically bans the earning and spending of loyalty points with alcohol and uses some other vaguer catch-all language too. I guess we'll see what the other supermarkets do in the coming weeks.

I imagine there'll be info from Dunnes in their November ValueClub mailing so I can't see them doing anything before the end of November anyway.

Advertisement