Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-09-2020, 14:04   #3991
JupiterKid

Coming up on 20 months now.

Delighted with myself but keeping up my twice-weekly AA meetings (on Zoom) and my programme. I also meet my addiction counsellor for a 1 to 1 once a month.

For me, it's important to balance the great progress I have made with the realisation that I cannot get too complacent.

Last edited by JupiterKid; 28-09-2020 at 14:28.
Advertisement
15-10-2020, 20:53   #3992
thenumber3

116 days.

I'm tracking myself with the I am sober app that I find useful to keep an eye on my progress. All going well so far, the longest I've been off drink since I started it in the first place.

Last edited by thenumber3; 15-10-2020 at 21:15. Reason: Moving query to a new thread
15-10-2020, 20:56   #3993
Chalk McHugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterKid View Post
Coming up on 20 months now.

Delighted with myself but keeping up my twice-weekly AA meetings (on Zoom) and my programme. I also meet my addiction counsellor for a 1 to 1 once a month.

For me, it's important to balance the great progress I have made with the realisation that I cannot get too complacent.
Good stuff mate. Well done.
15-10-2020, 20:57   #3994
Chalk McHugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinwhistle* View Post
817 days for me today. I don't think about it anymore, my life is just so much easier without alcohol, I'm a lot calmer and much more content. I take better care of myself and others can see it.

Good luck to everyone here
T*
Brilliant stuff. Over two years. Impressive.
16-10-2020, 13:55   #3995
sparklinglens

8 days today. Complacency is slipping in again so I have to watch myself. Well done to everyone still fighting the good fight!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 08:44   #3996
Tinwhistle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklinglens View Post
8 days today. Complacency is slipping in again so I have to watch myself. Well done to everyone still fighting the good fight!
Best advice I can give is to keep busy and take one day at a time.

I did a lot of walking listening to music in the early days, I put away the money I was saving and treated myself to something small each week and put the rest into the Credit Union. When you see that adding up, it's harder to spend it on booze.

Make a list of the advantages/disadvantages of drinking. Remind yourself that alcohol contains ethanol. Keep your distance (further than 2m!) from your friends who are drinking, until you know you can spend time with them without an alcoholic drink in your hand.

Again, one day at a time. You CAN do it!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion