Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-10-2020, 09:41   #4111
ddarcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by calfmuscle View Post
Type 1s are we getting the flu vaccine? I'm not interested in a vaccination debate but more that I don't want to take a vaccine that someone else might need as we seem to be short on flu vaccines here. What are you guys doing?
I got it last weekend. They are getting more supply in daily etc. I do know if you don’t have an LTI or are in other at risk categories, they were postponing it a bit to cover these first. Out sounds to me like there is more than ample supply to cover the at risk groups as they are starting allowing people not in those gross to go ahead
Advertisement
15-10-2020, 15:26   #4112
kippy

Got a flu jab for the first time ever in the past few days. The supply issues, at least round Galway, seem to be resolved from what I can see.
15-10-2020, 15:35   #4113
banie01

Quote:
Originally Posted by banie01 View Post
I'm in for mine this afternoon. The shortages really do seem to have been resolved. I only rang yesterday for an appt and there was immediate availability.
Just on the supply issues. Was speaking to my GP today as I was getting mine.
Still serious issues.
Their 1st delivery was 220 versus last few years being 1000.
Their 2nd was 200 and their 3rd delivery this week was only 80.

This would be for a very busy multi-doctor surgery.
There was a bit of dissatisfaction expressed regarding the HSE starting their Flu ad campaign in August but not securing sufficient deliverable stock to support a campaign starting in mid September.

I usually get my jab mid October anyway so it's not an issue for me but there are still shortages of vaccine at GP level at least.
Thanks from:
15-10-2020, 16:56   #4114
Slime Princess

We usually get ours end of September. Our doctors surgery couldn't get us in until first week of November. Only the 4 year old has had his because they were running a nasal vaccine clinic for kids but they told us the standard vaccine is still experiencing supply issues. Both myself and OH have a number of conditions which would deem us high risk as well.

No pharmacies in the area had availabilities until mid-end Nov.
16-10-2020, 09:02   #4115
calfmuscle

Thanks all <3 seems like everyone is going for it and I'll book mine soon. Just don't want to be taking a dose that an elderly person might want. I'll chat to my pharmacy!
Advertisement
16-10-2020, 09:02   #4116
calfmuscle

Thanks all <3 seems like everyone is going for it and I'll book mine soon. Just don't want to be taking a dose that an elderly person might want. I'll chat to my pharmacy!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion