Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-10-2019, 23:24   #1
TheDriver

Postmobile €20 Calls/Texts/16Gb

https://postmobile.ie/product/all-yo...ay-plan/#terms

Postmobile have unlimited calls, texts and 16Gb data for only €20 a months (31 days if on auto topup).
Seems a good deal as its on the vodafone network although its only 3G data but that would be ok for most as the reception would be very good.
3000mins and texts FUP.
Advertisement
07-10-2019, 23:39   #2
biebiebie

You also get €5 general credit which lasts for 35 days.
Unused data also carries forward to the next month.
See terms below...

TERMS OF PLAN
*‘ALL YOU NEED 16GB’ PREPAY PLAN

Requires €20 top up every 28 days (or every 31 days if on Auto Top-up).

No Contracts – cancel anytime! You stay in control

Plan includes 16GB Data, Unlimited Calls and Texts to any network and €5 general credit. Fair Usage applies to Calls and Texts**.

AUTO TOP UP

With Postmobile’s Auto Top Up you can easily set up your account to automatically top up by either €10, €20 or €30 on a day of your choosing. Avoid any hassel with having to manually top up your phone. With Auto Top Up, you’re much less likely to experience the frustration of running out of credit.

TOTAL ROLLOVER: With Total Rollover on All You Need Plan any unused data will carry forward to the next month once you reactivate your monthly plan by topping up by €20 or more within 28 days*.
All unused Data will expire after 28 Days if €20 or more top up is not applied within the 28 day period (31 days on Auto Top Up).

Unused General credit will expire after 35 days. This promotion can only be applied twice in a 28 day period.

**3000 minutes and 3000 texts per month.

Postmobile
08-10-2019, 00:35   #3
westyIrl

Going to try calling into the Post Office tomorrow asking about this as ordering online seems to suggest you pay a once off €20 for the sim and then you have to apply another €20 credit for the plan. Could be wrong though. Great deal all the same apart from the 3G thing.
Thanks from:
08-10-2019, 08:17   #4
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by westyIrl View Post
Going to try calling into the Post Office tomorrow asking about this as ordering online seems to suggest you pay a once off €20 for the sim and then you have to apply another €20 credit for the plan. Could be wrong though. Great deal all the same apart from the 3G thing.
Give them a call, they have experts on the phone that will call you back and sort it all out for you and I’m my past experience they are better than the post office staff, I ported over and got free credit and it was a very straight forward transition.
08-10-2019, 08:53   #5
try

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
https://postmobile.ie/product/all-yo...ay-plan/#terms

Postmobile have unlimited calls, texts and 16Gb data for only €20 a months (31 days if on auto topup).
Seems a good deal as its on the vodafone network although its only 3G data but that would be ok for most as the reception would be very good.
3000mins and texts FUP.

Where does it say 3G only?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 09:16   #6
kaizersoze

Quote:
Originally Posted by try View Post
Where does it say 3G only?
Check their coverage map. No 4G. That's a dealbreaker for me anyway.

https://postmobile.ie/why-postmobile/coverage-map/
Thanks from:
08-10-2019, 17:29   #7
Davy
Category Moderator

Eir has 4G and Wifi calling on the sim only Connect 30 plan and its €14.99 for 6 months so worth considering also.

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/
Thanks from:
08-10-2019, 18:22   #8
TheDriver

3G on Vodafone might be as fast as 4g from eir in general countryside areas plus most phones can't deal with fast 4G. The Vodafone reception compared to eir would be a factor. Not a bad deal overall
08-10-2019, 18:25   #9
OmegaGene

Quote:
3G on Vodafone might be as fast as 4g from eir in general countryside areas plus most phones can't deal with fast 4G. The Vodafone reception compared to eir would be a factor. Not a bad deal overall
I’ve used Vodafone post mobile and eir in the past year all over Ireland and I would rank them in that order with eir being absolute pony unless I’m in a city centre
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 22:51   #10
TheDriver

I have an old vodafone sim which can't do 4G and I can get 15-20Mb on 3G when eir 4G is only giving me 10Mb.
I assume postmobile gets same 3G speeds as a vodafone 3G. (unlike tesco/lyca on three)
08-10-2019, 23:44   #11
editorsean

When I previously had Vodafone, my Dad (on Post Mobile) got roughly the same speed as my phone in 3G mode, up to 20Mbps on speed tests depending on the area. YouTube and WhatsApp video calls both work fine.

Tethering also works fine on Post Mobile, very useful whenever I happen to be somewhere with my Dad that only has Vodafone reception and need to get online.

For example, in the nearby village Carrick (Co. Donegal), there's no Eir or Three reception, never mind 4G:
(2) thanks from:
09-10-2019, 01:44   #12
westyIrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by editorsean View Post
When I previously had Vodafone, my Dad (on Post Mobile) got roughly the same speed as my phone in 3G mode, up to 20Mbps on speed tests depending on the area. YouTube and WhatsApp video calls both work fine.

Tethering also works fine on Post Mobile, very useful whenever I happen to be somewhere with my Dad that only has Vodafone reception and need to get online.

For example, in the nearby village Carrick (Co. Donegal), there's no Eir or Three reception, never mind 4G:
That's good enough for me. Tried an Eir €20 sim in dual for the month while I waited to use up €20 credit Vodafone gave me (for some reason) when I left billpay. Eir don't hold a candle to Vodafone on coverage where I am. I'm finding it hard to see where 4G, while preferable, is a necessity personally.
09-10-2019, 09:47   #13
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
I have an old vodafone sim which can't do 4G and I can get 15-20Mb on 3G when eir 4G is only giving me 10Mb.
I assume postmobile gets same 3G speeds as a vodafone 3G. (unlike tesco/lyca on three)
Yeah, Postmobile is a Vodafone white-label product as opposed to a proper MVNO (Postmobile SIMs work in phones locked to Vodafone and vice versa). So you're getting the same Vodafone 3G service.
Thanks from:
09-10-2019, 13:03   #14
TheDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
Yeah, Postmobile is a Vodafone white-label product as opposed to a proper MVNO (Postmobile SIMs work in phones locked to Vodafone and vice versa). So you're getting the same Vodafone 3G service.
Thats something I didn't know existed, i thought they were all MVNOs. So do vodafone monitor/manage all traffic for postmobile unlike lyca etc
09-10-2019, 13:07   #15
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by westyIrl View Post
No, the €20 for the SIM covers your first month of usage too.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion