Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-12-2014, 13:00   #61
craughan

Just finished burning the first bag

I ordered this last week, 25 bags of premium polish for e8 a bag, about 240 delivered.
The pallet arrived next day delivery as it is a courier company who brings it.
The coal seems to be better quality than I was previously getting manly because the pieces are bigger and hold more energy per piece.
I spoke to the owner of O'Neills in the north who supply the coal and got a nice family history of over 100 years of being a coal wholesaler and I can say for sure there is nothing to worry about the quality because he gave me a list of his customers in the south and they are already probably bagging the coal you are paying 20 euro for. I've already given away half the pallet to my neighbors, i can see people making a few quid on this if they want to organize a neighborhood delivery for 12 euro a bag even.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-12-2014, 15:15   #62
soap1978

is it Hayes coal
13-12-2014, 17:10   #63
Berberis

Could anyone who had a delivery, confirm if it was off loaded with a fork lift or pallet truck.
Reason I ask is ithat a lorry would not get down my driveway and as it is a gravel driveway, then a pallet truck would be no use for bringing pallet of coal to where I would want it. I
f I did order this then it would need to be off loaded with one of them mini-fork-lifts that are usually on the back of the lorry.
13-12-2014, 17:35   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berberis View Post
Could anyone who had a delivery, confirm if it was off loaded with a fork lift or pallet truck.
Reason I ask is ithat a lorry would not get down my driveway and as it is a gravel driveway, then a pallet truck would be no use for bringing pallet of coal to where I would want it. I
f I did order this then it would need to be off loaded with one of them mini-fork-lifts that are usually on the back of the lorry.
Forklifts only work on smooth ground, I learned the hard that are surprisingly impossible to move on anything slightly rough
13-12-2014, 18:04   #65
vickers209

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1 View Post
Forklifts only work on smooth ground, I learned the hard that are surprisingly impossible to move on anything slightly rough
True but a moffit type truck thats on the back of lorries can handle rough ground better
Advertisement
13-12-2014, 18:19   #66
gripcasey

Ordered on Wednesday got delivered yesterday. 20 Bags Black Diamond Polish Blend €10, 5 bags of Smokeless Ovoids
Total price €306.81. Very happy with quality. It was a Truck with Tail lift then Hand pallet lifter. I have a Hand trolley I got in Lidl as only have small side Entrance, half hour all done. All set for winter.

Last edited by gripcasey; 13-12-2014 at 18:38.
(2) thanks from:
13-12-2014, 18:30   #67
yabadabado

Which coal would be best for a stove ?
13-12-2014, 18:40   #68
gripcasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadabado View Post
Which coal would be best for a stove ?
I mix the Black Diamond Polish and Ovoids for my Stove. Great heat not to much ash.
Thanks from:
13-12-2014, 18:48   #69
yabadabado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripcasey View Post
I mix the Black Diamond Polish and Ovoids for my Stove. Great heat not to much ash.
Can't some coal damage a stove ?
I would be using this in a stove and Stanley range.No open fire , would prefer not to be using a mix if I can .
Advertisement
13-12-2014, 19:31   #70
TheTorment

I'm keen on this now too.

Can anyone advise on the best Smokey coal to use in a boiler stove please?

Seems like a great deal at those prices!!
14-12-2014, 21:43   #71
coolkidirish

Ordered a pallet of the Champion Premium Coal delivered to Cork. Ordered on Tuesday and it arrived Friday. Very happy with the quality and price. Will be back for more
14-12-2014, 22:21   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkidirish View Post
Ordered a pallet of the Champion Premium Coal delivered to Cork. Ordered on Tuesday and it arrived Friday. Very happy with the quality and price. Will be back for more
Is the champion coal the yellow bagged polish coal?
14-12-2014, 22:48   #73
Lanshane

Quote:
Originally Posted by thierry14 View Post
Is the champion coal the yellow bagged polish coal?
Yep. I ordered a tonne to Galway on Thursday. Delivered friday afternoon, had a good chat with sean from O'Neill's. Ended up getting 9 bags of amber, 9 of slack and 7 champion. Have to say combining all three yields great results. Quality coal. Paid €217 delivered. Got two bags of champion free. Only potential problem is that the pallet was delivered from the tail lift of the truck to me shed with a hand pallet truck. OK for me as ground to shed is smooth, otherwise you may end up carting 25 bags in yourself!!
15-12-2014, 10:54   #74
Inspector Dhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanshane View Post
Yep. I ordered a tonne to Galway on Thursday. Delivered friday afternoon, had a good chat with sean from O'Neill's. Ended up getting 9 bags of amber, 9 of slack and 7 champion. Have to say combining all three yields great results. Quality coal. Paid €217 delivered. Got two bags of champion free. Only potential problem is that the pallet was delivered from the tail lift of the truck to me shed with a hand pallet truck. OK for me as ground to shed is smooth, otherwise you may end up carting 25 bags in yourself!!
I WAS that soldier! The delivery guy phoned me from my house and told me he couldn't get his truck down the side of the house to the shed. So he left the pallet on the gravel in front of my house. I arrived home from work - it was bitterly cold, pitch dark, I was on my own, and I hawked 25 bags of coal round the back of the house. A ton of it. Jerciful Maysus, it was hard work.
15-12-2014, 11:52   #75
SteelyDanJalapeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkidirish View Post
In my area they only sell Smokeless Coal and the largest bag would be 20KG. Depending on where you buy it it would be €15-€25 for the 20KG bag. I know Topaz even sell 12.5KG bags of Smokeless for €10.85, whereas The Coal Warehouse have 40KG bags of Smokeless for €12 (another €2.60 approx for delivery per bag).

Even if you check out the Co-op webpage you see their prices...

They charge €370.00 for 20 X 40Kg Bord Na Mona Premium Polish Coal which works out at €18.50 per bag, whereas the Coal Warehouse's version is €8 per bag (€2.60 then for delivery)
Also living in Cork and picked up 2 40kg bags of smokeless last week for 16 each, where the jesus would you be paying 50 euro for 40kg?!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion