Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-12-2014, 08:49   #46
Lanshane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Dhar View Post
I placed my order last Wednesday & my pallet was delivered on Thursday. I got 12 bags of Champion & 13 bags of Polish premium. I've been using it in my Stanley & it's 100%. Perhaps more ash than I was getting from the stuff I was paying €18.50 a bag for, but as I got this coal for an average of a tenner a bag, I'm not complaining.
Just wondering what the difference between the Premium Polish and the Champion is? I use a Drewmet Polish boiler designed for buring coal and heats the house well but goes through the turf pretty quick so looking to get good coal to mix in it? What would ye recommend? Would a bag or two of their slack be worth getting I wonder, just to throw a few shovels in to dampen it a bit and let it simmer for hours? I'm not interested in smokeless, just good old dirty hot stuff!
Advertisement
10-12-2014, 12:45   #47
Inspector Dhar

Mine was delivered to County Meath. I think the delivery was about €53-ish. As somebody posted earlier, the process is that you contact Act Pallet Delivery, pay them the delivery fee. They send an order to the Coal Warehouse in Tyrone. The Coal Warehouse then phone you, you pay them over the phone and arrange a delivery date. Sounds complicated, but it's not. As for the difference between Premium Polish and Champion?.... €2 a bag! Oh and one bag's white, the other ones yellow, and for the life of me I can't see the difference between them. Somebody told me that I should have got slack, but tbh, that sounds too complicated. I light my cooker when I get home from work. I lurry the coal onto it, I'm cosy and warm for the night. I still have glowing embers in the morning, so the kitchen is nice and toasty, off I work to go, come home and light the cooker. Repeat. :-)
Thanks from:
10-12-2014, 17:40   #48
deandean

Interesting thread!

Anyone who's taken a delivery: Do they have a forklift at the back of the truck to unload the full pallet? Or do they carry each bag up your driveway?
10-12-2014, 17:59   #49
coolkidirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandean View Post
Interesting thread!

Anyone who's taken a delivery: Do they have a forklift at the back of the truck to unload the full pallet? Or do they carry each bag up your driveway?
I was told over the phone by the couriers they unload the whole pallet with a forklift for you.
Thanks from:
10-12-2014, 18:28   #50
marklazarcovic

interesting ... anyone from galway get some?
Advertisement
10-12-2014, 18:39   #51
TheTorment

Hhmmm.

I think this may be worth trying out. Just forked out €36 on two bags of Staffords 40kg bags.

Could be a right saving to be made
10-12-2014, 18:51   #52
Lanshane

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklazarcovic View Post
interesting ... anyone from galway get some?
Not yet. But I may well do tomorrow! €63 delivery apparently. Not sure about lead times but I'll find out as soon as in contact courier...its definitely worth a punt I reckon.
Thanks from:
10-12-2014, 19:09   #53
marklazarcovic

stick up a post with your feelings after your delivery if you would thanks
10-12-2014, 21:48   #54
P_Cash

63€ delivery,
What's it per 40kg bag then in your shed?
Advertisement
10-12-2014, 23:00   #55
Lanshane

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Cash View Post
63€ delivery,
What's it per 40kg bag then in your shed?
Depends on what bags you get. I'm thinking of 5 bags of slack at 6 each, 20 champion at 8 each and delivery of 64 or so, works out at 10.19 per bag in my shed. Not bad at all...
11-12-2014, 00:07   #56

That black dimond sounds like its got petcoke in so avoid if you're thinking of putting it in a stove.
11-12-2014, 00:13   #57
Kristopherus

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodrater View Post
That black dimond sounds like its got petcoke in so avoid if you're thinking of putting it in a stove.
How do you figure that out?
11-12-2014, 00:46   #58
allthedoyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkidirish View Post
I was told over the phone by the couriers they unload the whole pallet with a forklift for you.
they would use the tail-lift and a hand pallet truck , possibly electric
11-12-2014, 01:12   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopherus View Post
How do you figure that out?
Their description says its an extra hot blend, to product semi smokeless thats usually acomplished with petcoke. Best ask if you're thinking of buying it.
(3) thanks from:
11-12-2014, 13:11   #60
Lanshane

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodrater View Post
Their description says its an extra hot blend, to product semi smokeless thats usually acomplished with petcoke. Best ask if you're thinking of buying it.
40% petcoke to be exact!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion