Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-10-2019, 10:24   #2266
The Mulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Colossus View Post
Yes, but I had to switch to an Irish credit card and away from Revolut. Also had to wait a few days between the account suspension and reactivating as couldn't renew straight away even with an Irish card. FYI below
I'll try this shortly. I've two Revolut card numbers so used the other one to get a free month with a new account. I'll try update my original account with an Irish card, see what the story is.
Advertisement
09-10-2019, 17:05   #2267
unkel
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
In light of current account suspensions, I'd alight the loss in exchange rate for peace of mind at present.
What account suspensions? I have had my Netflix paid in Mexican and recently in Turkish currency for dunno a couple of years now, no issues.
(2) thanks from:
09-10-2019, 17:09   #2268
Johnny Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkel View Post
What account suspensions? I have had my Netflix paid in Mexican and recently in Turkish currency for dunno a couple of years now, no issues.
Like that here too.
Thanks from:
09-10-2019, 18:29   #2269
jonerkinsella

My Windscribe is looking for a fee to unlock Turkey for VPN. Do I have to pay or is there a way around this ?

Thanks in advance.
09-10-2019, 19:42   #2270
dulpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonerkinsella View Post
My Windscribe is looking for a fee to unlock Turkey for VPN. Do I have to pay or is there a way around this ?

Thanks in advance.
Use tor with exit nodes set to {tr} - worked for me, no charge, just a tiny amount of effort needed.
Advertisement
09-10-2019, 21:46   #2271
mickger844posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Colossus View Post
Yes, but I had to switch to an Irish credit card and away from Revolut. Also had to wait a few days between the account suspension and reactivating as couldn't renew straight away even with an Irish card. FYI below
I can't even sign into my Turkish Account using Tor with Turkey as location. I always get a network error message. If i change location to US or Ireland i can sign in no problems. Might just try another email and set up a new account.

Edit: Tried a different route and clicked to start a 30 day trial but since ive had this already they pushed me to the payment update page. Entered my Irish card and it was successful so my Turkish Account is back up and running. Wonder how long it will last.

Last edited by mickger844posts; 09-10-2019 at 22:01. Reason: new info
Thanks from:
09-10-2019, 22:01   #2272
corcaigh07

Can confirm I let my Irish account expire fully and rejoined at Turkish prices with Avast VPN.

Also signed up to Turkish Youtube Premium.

Last edited by corcaigh07; 10-10-2019 at 18:54.
(2) thanks from:
10-10-2019, 09:31   #2273
flexcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by corcaigh07 View Post
Can confirm I let my Irish account expire fully and rejoined at Turkish prices with Avast APN.

Also signed up to Turkish Youtube Premium.
Switch youtube to India and it is €1,60 a month.
(2) thanks from:
10-10-2019, 09:37   #2274
Creamy Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexcon View Post
Switch youtube to India and it is €1,60 a month.
don't want to derail the thread too much, but is this the same trick? can I keep my existing youtube account or do I have to start fresh?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-10-2019, 10:03   #2275
T-b0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
don't want to derail the thread too much, but is this the same trick? can I keep my existing youtube account or do I have to start fresh?
I kept my existing youtube account no problem (I wasn't premium before though).

I followed the steps on hukd .
13-10-2019, 14:46   #2276
Testament1

6 months into my Turkish sub, (think I was in Argentina the year before!), and I woke this morning to a Revolut notification that my payment had been reverted. Does this mean this months payment didn't go through then? Or a refund from Netflix?! My account is still working on my phone anyway!
13-10-2019, 14:57   #2277
jkbah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testament1 View Post
6 months into my Turkish sub, (think I was in Argentina the year before!), and I woke this morning to a Revolut notification that my payment had been reverted. Does this mean this months payment didn't go through then? Or a refund from Netflix?! My account is still working on my phone anyway!
Same thing happened to me. Have an older sub that's working ok though for the moment. They're having similar problems on hukd too
13-10-2019, 15:02   #2278
thenightman

Have they banned Revolut as a payment method? I used to just create a new virtual card and sign up for the trial every few months when there's something I'd want to watch or I'd be away travelling with work. Won't accept any Revolut as payment at all now.

Back to torrents for me anyway, shows/films I'll actually watch.. Would rather put the money towards upgrading my NAS than paying for majority of rubbish on offer on Netflix.
14-10-2019, 11:48   #2279
Barr

I've signed up by reactivating an expired account using HolaVPN (you get 3 days free) -Turkey.

It took a few attempts as I kept getting a "error connection "

I tried Revolut but it asked for a mobile number to verify.

Used my Visa Card and hey presto it went through.
14-10-2019, 12:22   #2280
Aquos76

My payment went through fine with Revolut this morning for Netflix Turkey

Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size