Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-10-2019, 16:50   #2821
taytobreath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marhay70 View Post
It's usually "The Pallet Network" and it's delivered from Armagh to Wexford but as far as I know it's the same price to all of the Republic.
The pallet network charge €95.00 + vat at 23 % to deliver from coal warehouse to Waterford. They just confirmed this by email to me just now.
JoeMcgovern is the cheapest for me at 73.80 euros
taytobreath is offline  
Advertisement
07-10-2019, 17:08   #2822
Marhay70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by taytobreath View Post
The pallet network charge €95.00 + vat at 23 % to deliver from coal warehouse to Waterford. They just confirmed this by email to me just now.
JoeMcgovern is the cheapest for me at 73.80 euros
What I have coming is timber, I'll double check when it comes as to who is delivering it but I can't see how there could be a €70 difference because of different materials. Maybe my supplier has a bulk rate but it still shouldn't make that much difference.
Marhay70 is online now  
Thanks from:
07-10-2019, 17:30   #2823
my3cents
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marhay70 View Post
What I have coming is timber, I'll double check when it comes as to who is delivering it but I can't see how there could be a €70 difference because of different materials. Maybe my supplier has a bulk rate but it still shouldn't make that much difference.
I doubt your pallet of timber will weigh anything like the full ton? I think we can all agree a ton of coal on a pallet will weigh a ton.
my3cents is offline  
Thanks from:
08-10-2019, 01:22   #2824
Kristopherus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3cents View Post
I doubt your pallet of timber will weigh anything like the full ton? I think we can all agree a ton of coal on a pallet will weigh a ton.
Question for you 3cents. Which is the heavier, a ton of ovoids or a ton of feathers?
Kristopherus is offline  
08-10-2019, 10:14   #2825
my3cents
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopherus View Post
Question for you 3cents. Which is the heavier, a ton of ovoids or a ton of feathers?
The point is that a pallet load isn't just limited by weight its also limited by size and a ton of wood would very likely need more than one pallet or to put it another way wood on a euro pallet would most probably weigh much less than a ton.

There have to be size and weight limits so the hauliers can work out how much they can carry.

The specifications for euro pallets is for more than a ton (tonne) at 1,500kg with a height limit of 2.2meters but in the case of coal one ton seems to be the limit give or take an extra couple of bags that coal warehouse will often throw in as part of a deal.

In the case of feathers I'll let you research if you could even fit a ton of feathers onto a euro pallet, I doubt you could?
my3cents is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 21:30   #2826
jc77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 350
Ordered a ton of MagiFlame from Kosy King last Thursday evening, Oct 3rd. This was delivered today by Prompto.

I don't live in a smokeless zone, just wanted a cleaner handling coal.

I used the mentioned code 'review10' which discounted £10 off the original price of £314/ton. Delivery was £24.95.

I chose this option rather than the less expensive CW/organise my own delivery as I was looking to do as little organising as possible myself. Buying from KK meant once I clicked 'buy', I didn't have to anything else until I got the call from the lorry driver today.

I loaded money into revolut a few days before hand to pay in sterling.
jc77 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 23:27   #2827
lenscap
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
I have used Kosyking many times and never had a problem and they are very helpful with fast delivery.

As Jc77 said it is just one click and less hassle.
lenscap is offline  
Thanks from:
09-10-2019, 09:24   #2828
Marhay70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3cents View Post
The point is that a pallet load isn't just limited by weight its also limited by size and a ton of wood would very likely need more than one pallet or to put it another way wood on a euro pallet would most probably weigh much less than a ton.

There have to be size and weight limits so the hauliers can work out how much they can carry.

The specifications for euro pallets is for more than a ton (tonne) at 1,500kg with a height limit of 2.2meters but in the case of coal one ton seems to be the limit give or take an extra couple of bags that coal warehouse will often throw in as part of a deal.

In the case of feathers I'll let you research if you could even fit a ton of feathers onto a euro pallet, I doubt you could?
Ok the pallet of timber is just short of 800kg and is 2 cubic metres, So, indeed short of a tonne but still taking up a pallet space so I still think the difference in cost is excessive, particularly as the above poster is giving a cost of £24.95 for a ton, I'm not sure if he means an imperial ton or a metric tonne.
Marhay70 is online now  
Thanks from:
09-10-2019, 09:36   #2829
my3cents
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marhay70 View Post
Ok the pallet of timber is just short of 800kg and is 2 cubic metres, So, indeed short of a tonne but still taking up a pallet space so I still think the difference in cost is excessive, particularly as the above poster is giving a cost of £24.95 for a ton, I'm not sure if he means an imperial ton or a metric tonne.
No fair enough, thats a lot heavier than I expected it to be and a lot cheaper than I'd expect. Not bought anything on a pallet in ages but in the past as soon as it went on a pallet no matter what the weight the haulage price jumped to about 50 quid. I still think 50-60 is a fair price for delivery of a pallet and the current prices are too high wonder if there is a price hike for crossing the boarder? Ton and tonne are really the same theres really nothing in it, unless anyone wants to argue about 36ibs or less than the weight of a bag of coal.
my3cents is offline  
Advertisement
10-10-2019, 07:44   #2830
padair
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenscap View Post
I have used Kosyking many times and never had a problem and they are very helpful with fast delivery.

As Jc77 said it is just one click and less hassle.
Thinking about getting some coal from kosyking for a stove. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is ovods best or what offers best value
padair is offline  
10-10-2019, 10:45   #2831
funnyname
Registered User
 
funnyname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,362
What size truck was used for delivery? I'm in a tricky spot and a large curtain side truck would have difficulty.

Also how does the MagiFlame burn compared to other smokeless coal you've used?

Stafford's branded MagiFlame is 2 yoyos a bag cheaper than the usual ovoids (supertherm) I usually get.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jc77 View Post
Ordered a ton of MagiFlame from Kosy King last Thursday evening, Oct 3rd. This was delivered today by Prompto.

I don't live in a smokeless zone, just wanted a cleaner handling coal.

I used the mentioned code 'review10' which discounted £10 off the original price of £314/ton. Delivery was £24.95.

I chose this option rather than the less expensive CW/organise my own delivery as I was looking to do as little organising as possible myself. Buying from KK meant once I clicked 'buy', I didn't have to anything else until I got the call from the lorry driver today.

I loaded money into revolut a few days before hand to pay in sterling.
funnyname is offline  
10-10-2019, 10:57   #2832
my3cents
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,549
Fairly standard 28ft curtain sided trucks seem to be the norm.
my3cents is offline  
10-10-2019, 14:56   #2833
Cape Clear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,233
MD O Sheas Cork & Killarney
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 72136713_2403973619655905_8372124181805924352_o.jpg (728.0 KB, 189 views)
Cape Clear is offline  
10-10-2019, 17:43   #2834
physioman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Clear View Post
MD O Sheas Cork & Killarney
That's great value in fairness. 15 euro a bag.
physioman is offline  
10-10-2019, 20:15   #2835
taytobreath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,332
whats the best smokey coal from coal warehouse?
taytobreath is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet