Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Integrated dishwashers should be a standard size and same for the fridge, just be sure you're doing the right split on the fridge/freezer, think it should be a 70/30 but that's from memory.

We've the appliances and flooring picked out, just waiting on dates to get the order in

Oh and since it might be of use to some people, there's no outdoor tap and the plumbing in the kitchen doesn't lend itself to putting one in but the plumbers can do one from the ensuite for 80 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Integrated dishwashers should be a standard size and same for the fridge, just be sure you're doing the right split on the fridge/freezer, think it should be a 70/30 but that's from memory.

We've the appliances and flooring picked out, just waiting on dates to get the order in

Thanks - yeah, the fridge is 70/30 but we were actually thinking about getting a full-length fridge and an under-counter freezer for the utility instead. Can't see there being any problem with it (i.e. securing the fridge door to both doors) or am I missing something?

I don't mean a double oven, though - just a single one, but maybe my measurement was off. I assumed integrated ovens were standard size, but now I'm second-guessing myself!

Good to know about the tap, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

should've been more attentive when last viewing but anyone know what appliances are earmarked for integrating? 70/30 fridge/freezer...is there a placeholder for an integrated dishwasher? microwave? thanks

Dishwasher goes in the island, fridge is 70/30, set up for oven/microwave but can change that to double oven according to foreman

• Advertisement

Dishwasher goes in the island, fridge is 70/30, set up for oven/microwave but can change that to double oven according to foreman

brilliant, thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

I got an update today from Glenveagh that indicated that Irish water have yet to carry out their connection on site.
    They expect to be back in touch at the end of June/first week July with a further update and hopefully will be able to call to snag then.

Weird one I missed before. But is the shower tray included or do we need to supply that?

Shower tray is included but not the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I have lived in Rush all my life and it is a great place to raise kids. Particularity as its surrounded by two beaches.

My concern is how the influx of the additional population will affect the towns infrastructure.

Getting school placements is already problematic.

In addition, the estate agents brochures use the train station as a selling point.
    During school months the trains are standing room only and both car parks are almost at capacity each morning.

I see both these problems escalating by the end of the year.

• Advertisement

poundhound wrote: »
    I have lived in Rush all my life and it is a great place to raise kids. Particularity as its surrounded by two beaches.

My concern is how the influx of the additional population will affect the towns infrastructure.

Getting school placements is already problematic.

In addition, the estate agents brochures use the train station as a selling point.
    During school months the trains are standing room only and both car parks are almost at capacity each morning.

I see both these problems escalating by the end of the year.

Yeah, hopefully it's addressed in some way.

I've seen a lot of talk of how the town needs to be redeveloped a bit, maybe an increase of demand/population might stimulate that? Of course that's coming from me that has no idea.
    Plus the main appeal of Rush is that it isn't a giant town surrounded by a rake of new builds for commuters. It's character and charm needs to be mainatined also.

Heard an update today and they're still hoping to call for snagging in first week of July.

Yeah, hopefully it's addressed in some way.

I've seen a lot of talk of how the town needs to be redeveloped a bit, maybe an increase of demand/population might stimulate that? Of course that's coming from me that has no idea.
    Plus the main appeal of Rush is that it isn't a giant town surrounded by a rake of new builds for commuters. It's character and charm needs to be mainatined also.

Yeah I'm hoping the influx of young couples to the area with the new estates might kick a bit more life into the main Street. A few more restaurants/cafes would be nice.

Did they mention in the update if Irish Water have been out to do their part yet? Would be great to get to snag start of July, hopefully there's minimal issues and we can get in before August

Yeah I'm hoping the influx of young couples to the area with the new estates might kick a bit more life into the main Street. A few more restaurants/cafes would be nice.

Did they mention in the update if Irish Water have been out to do their part yet? Would be great to get to snag start of July, hopefully there's minimal issues and we can get in before August

Nope. no detail like that. Just that general update from their solicitor.

Along with us a few people here were wondering about a recommendation for snagging. We've heard good things about <SNIP>

How does snagging work, in terms of access to the property? I mean, will my solicitor arrange access with the builder on a certain day/time, or who'll let them into the house if we don't have the keys yet?

Also, someone said that we'll need to be there during the snagging to do a walk-through with the snagger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Brego888

How does snagging work, in terms of access to the property? I mean, will my solicitor arrange access with the builder on a certain day/time, or who'll let them into the house if we don't have the keys yet?

Also, someone said that we'll need to be there during the snagging to do a walk-through with the snagger?

The developer will contact you directly when your house is available for snagging. You then organise a snagger and provide your chosen time to the developer and they then arrange access with the foreman.
    You don't need to be there for the snagging but a lot of buyers prefer to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

Howdy neighbors! I was wondering if anyone has received their house for snagging yet? Judging by the above conversation it looks like things may be getting a bit delayed. We were told the house will be ready in August but I'm just slightly worried of any possible delays, especially with the "18 month rule" being part of the contract. Don't mind my innate paranoia ;-)

We have most of the furniture/floors/carpets ready for order but without any updates from the developer we just gotta wait.
    Knowing that other people have received their keys or at least snag list done would be of great comfort.

tkrysiak wrote: »
    Howdy neighbors! I was wondering if anyone has received their house for snagging yet? Judging by the above conversation it looks like things may be getting a bit delayed. We were told the house will be ready in August but I'm just slightly worried of any possible delays, especially with the "18 month rule" being part of the contract. Don't mind my innate paranoia ;-)

We have most of the furniture/floors/carpets ready for order but without any updates from the developer we just gotta wait.
    Knowing that other people have received their keys or at least snag list done would be of great comfort.

I haven't had a recent update but last I heard - from Glenveagh over email - was that they hope 1st week of July, which is next week I guess!

I haven't had a recent update but last I heard - from Glenveagh over email - was that they hope 1st week of July, which is next week I guess!

Excellent! Best of luck to you ;-)

• Advertisement

Excellent! Best of luck to you ;-)

Well, fingers crossed it happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

Hi all,

Does anyone have measurements of the rooms and /or appliances spaces?

Id really appreciate it

Hi all,

Does anyone have measurements of the rooms and /or appliances spaces?

Id really appreciate it

I can help with appliances when I get home, measured the washing machine, hob, oven/microwave and maybe the fridge. Not 100% sure about the last one as we plan on getting an american style fridge and will be tuning the fridge space into a pantry.

I can help with appliances when I get home, measured the washing machine, hob, oven/microwave and maybe the fridge. Not 100% sure about the last one as we plan on getting an american style fridge and will be tuning the fridge space into a pantry.

Thank you so much! Id really appreciate it!

Thank you so much! Id really appreciate it!

Measurements for appliances:

Oven:
    H97cm x W59cm - thats the entire size for both oven and microwave or if someone wants a double oven - all needs to fit in there.
    Hob:
    59cm x 52cm
    Washing machine/dryer/dishwasher - 2 slots in the utility room:
    H87cm x W61cm

Fridge, I didn't measure exactly as we want something free standing but the enclosure is 65cm wide.

Hope this helps.

Irish Water still haven't been out, houses are mostly completed but they are hoping to have Irish Water do their bit end of next week

Oven:
    H97cm x W59cm - thats the entire size for both oven and microwave or if someone wants a double oven - all needs to fit in there.
    Hob:
    59cm x 52cm
    H87cm x W61cm

Fridge, I didn't measure exactly as we want something free standing but the enclosure is 65cm wide.

Hope this helps.

Great! Thanks so much, thats a big help!

hey mate, did you get measurements for the flooring? thanks

Irish Water still haven't been out, houses are mostly completed but they are hoping to have Irish Water do their bit end of next week

Yep we got the same update. Irish Water due out Thurs/Fri but they said not to bet on it, it could be Mon or Tues they way they operate.

• Advertisement

Oven:
    Hob:
    59cm x 52cm
    H87cm x W61cm

Hope this helps.

Hi there, I took some measurements from the showhouse too - most match with yours but now I'm wondering did I go wrong somewhere?

I measured the oven (H60cm x W48cm) and microwave (H60cm x W39cm) separately - we're not going for a double oven. Your hob and washing machine measurements match mine, but I measured the fridge as being 59cm wide?

Dishwasher in the island - I didn't measure this, but told it was standard size (i.e. not slimline).

If only Glenveagh gave us the bloody measurements...

Going to order appliances this weekend so my head is wrecked with this! :)

Advertisement