Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gales/Stormy Conditions in Connacht & Ulster Dec 10-11th

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

Is the storm coming to and end or only beginning ? I'm located in limerick and it's much winder here tonight than last night .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Ronnie3585 the app is NW storm radar. Clownface95, the strongest of the gusts will begin to ease soon but it will remain windy all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

i was under the impression that it was last night/today during the day when the strongest winds would be, definitely more power full right now imo. Kind of annoying because i have to be up at 6 and im a light sleeper. Those squalls are tearing the place apart tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Its starting to get very windy here in cavan. I think I can hear thunder but it might be the wind blow stuff around outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jenny rennie

Very windy & lashing rain in Kilkenny. Hope the trampoline is still in the garden in the morning, wasn't wxoecting it to be bad here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

A couple of big flashes over NE Galway just now. Too far away to hear thunder. Seem to be coming from the N or NW.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Hope the trampoline is still in the garden in the morning

If it is, don't try this............

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭pauldry

Had thunder and hailstones galore in Sligo after waves breached the wall in strandhill today

A regular WInters day now I guess going by the past few years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Almighty clap of thunder here in North East and a lot of wet snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

It's a dirty night here in Newport Mayo. One serious gust at around 10 really rattled the house.
    Plenty of rain and some thunder about an hour ago. Seems to be calming down a bit now apart from the odd gust.

• Advertisement

Some recent lightning in Antrim, Donegal & Mayo.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess

Almighty clap of thunder here in North East and a lot of wet snow

Wherabouts are you? Just heard a faint rumble of thunder here in Dundalk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fairly wild here in North Kerry. 10 min avg wind 37 kph , recent gust 72 kph.

Big squally wintry showers , 10 mm precipitation last 24 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Two large lightning flashes and a loud thunderclap in Inishowen... coming from the North East

Hail has just started again! Lots of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Really calmed down here in north Mayo, the dogs can go out and do their business now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

north mayo as well, was ok between the gusts , calm for half hour then nuts for 10 - 15 minutes, seemed to be that way all night, up at 3.30 am chasing a rogue metal bin lid around the garden , it bounced off a window and woke me up, blessed it didnt crack it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Small depression will run along the south coast tonight. It's weak so looks like only bringing a brief period of gales to the southwest and south coasts, but it looks like delivering enough rain to merit a warning.

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Munster, South Leinster and Galway

Heavy rain this afternoon, this evening and overnight tonight is expected to bring accumulations of more than 25mm.
    Issued:
    Thursday 11 December 2014 09:00
    Valid:
    Thursday 11 December 2014 15:00 to Friday 12 December 2014 15:00

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Small depression will run along the south coast tonight. It's weak so looks like only bringing a brief period of gales to the southwest and south coasts, but it looks like delivering enough rain to merit a warning.

20mm here in Tralee so far from huge squally overnight showers carrying on into this afternoon followed by persistent and sometimes heavy rain for much of this evening.

6.6C and cloudy,light rain atm seems to be petering out.

Bar dropping rapidly 993.4mb ( 12mb drop in less then 6 hrs, set to get windy in Southern Counties overnight for a time)

You can certainly see why the Western side of Ireland is so jagged, storm Dec 10.....

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

You can certainly see why the Western side of Ireland is so jagged, storm Dec 10.....

Wow that was amazing. Reminded me of the first waves coming in the the tsunami in Japan. Amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Is that rock really 150 meters high? It does not look it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is that rock really 150 meters high? It does not look it.

http://uniqueascent.ie/sp/directory/details/tormore-island

Advertisement