Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote glitch

• 27-10-2020 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭

What would happen if we accepted an online quote that we think was a mistake. All the details are correct at the end but the quote was a lot less than the original one we got on the website. Would the insurance company cancel the policy if we buy it or would they honour it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it FBD/No Nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

no, aib

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

If you have entered all the correct details and the insurer accepts your premium they will honour it. Subject to submission of any requested documents

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

What would happen if we accepted an online quote that we think was a mistake. All the details are correct at the end but the quote was a lot less than the original one we got on the website. Would the insurance company cancel the policy if we buy it or would they honour it?

If anything it would be void, not cancelled.

grogi wrote: »
    If anything it would be void, not cancelled.

On what basis would it be void?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

On what basis would it be void?

I don't say it would get to that. But if the insurance company didn't want honour it, they wouldn't cancel the policy. It would be considered void as issued as a mistake.

grogi wrote: »
    I don't say it would get to that. But if the insurance company didn't want honour it, they wouldn't cancel the policy. It would be considered void as issued as a mistake.

OK, I'll re-phrase. On what basis would the insurer wish to void a policy if accurate information and supporting documents are provided and there has been offer, acceptance and payment received and acknowledged.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Difficult to say but based on the info you provided, go ahead and book.
    Worst case scenario they refuse and you can go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I would adopt the position that the first one on the website is the one that's wrong, and the latter one is correct.

If you're 100% on your details on the revised proposal being correct, buy it. There is no downside.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement