Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiritual Development HELP!!

• 12-06-2015 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is anyone on here or would know of somebody who could help me to develop my 6th sense. I wish to develop my clairvoyance and connect with my angels, archangels, spirit guides and passed loved ones.

I have read so many books on the subject and have tried so many times to connect with my angels so I can see, feel and hear them but with no success.

I speak to my angels and God and passed loved ones asking for help but nothing seems to work. I have asked for signs which I never receive or that I am just not seeing or hearing.

So I feel that I need to find somebody who can help me on my path of development.

Has anyone else been in this same place as I am or how did you start your development.

I am in Co. Louth area.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Xenophile

delfagio wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am wondering if there is anyone on here or would know of somebody who could help me to develop my 6th sense. I wish to develop my clairvoyance and connect with my angels, archangels, spirit guides and passed loved ones.

I have read so many books on the subject and have tried so many times to connect with my angels so I can see, feel and hear them but with no success.

I speak to my angels and God and passed loved ones asking for help but nothing seems to work. I have asked for signs which I never receive or that I am just not seeing or hearing.

So I feel that I need to find somebody who can help me on my path of development.

Has anyone else been in this same place as I am or how did you start your development.

I am in Co. Louth area.

Thanks all.

This may appear as a very glib response, but I sincerely ask you to consider your motivation in wanting to achieve what you have listed above !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

Yep...very glib indeed lol, but no I am motivated that's why I am asking for some help as I have tried lots of things to date without any success.

Yep...very glib indeed lol, but no I am motivated that's why I am asking for some help as I have tried lots of things to date without any success.

Why not state the reasons for your motivation. If you are not clear around this or not prepared to state them, how can you expect help.

" When the student is ready the Teacher appears". You might just not be ready yet.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You are trying too hard. Its not something you can learn, it has to be felt. I suggest you sit quietly in meditation, with no goal behind it, and learn to connect with yourself, first. No music, no guidance, just sit in the space.

Ok all, thanks for your help. I'll figure it out myself....my motivation is to help me grow spiritually, find my life's purpose and the right path that I should be on, and to build my connection with God, the angels and guidance.....I'll try more meditation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

Ok all, thanks for your help. I'll figure it out myself....my motivation is to help me grow spiritually, find my life's purpose and the right path that I should be on, and to build my connection with God, the angels and guidance.....I'll try more meditation

More meditation will help, however starting meditation with a purpose in mind and then trying to find peace in that mind will conflict, seems you want things all at once without a learning and growing process even though you are seeking help to learn and grow!
    you post on here asking for help and within two days and two replies you post "I'll figure it out for myself"

Maybe you are mixing up spirituality and what you are looking for,
    " to develop my 6th sense. I wish to develop my clairvoyance and connect with my angels, archangels, spirit guides and passed loved ones."

There are many schools that teach that sort of thing, I call it Spirit Entertainment, but not spiritual, it has its place and purpose insofar as showing that there is more to this world than meets the eye, a doorway into the spiritual or rather out of the human.
    I agree with Oryx you are trying to hard, you are so busy wanting to be....that you don't see what you are, and you will always only ever be what you are NOW,

Angel and spirit guides/guidances doesn't just suddenly start because you take an interest (or for some see a career option), every part of everyday without exception is guided by angel/spirit energy, if you are really motivated to grow spiritually, then make it about you now. You cannot build a connection with god, that is already built, but your wants and dreams into the future distracts you from that connection, if you really do believe and trust in guidance, why the questions, you have been/are guided to the path you are on now without you knowing the names of your guides, what's the possibility of you taking the wrong breath or the wrong heartbeat, the right path is always the one you are on in all walks of life, because we learn about ourselves on that path, and learn to choose change or not, that is everybodys life purpose, to learn about themselves and choose between being human or being spirit, even the greatest or most well known (not the same thing)spiritual teachers must make that same choice.

Wanting to talk/listen to passed love ones or any other dead people is not being spiritual, while they may be called spirits or in the spirit world, its not spiritual, spiritual is about love, light, peace and eternal infinite life, wanting loved ones to hang around you or earth or look over you and yours is imposing your will and restricting their journey into light, replacing the sadness and emptiness that we feel with grief, with love and life and letting our loved one go, is spiritual, and all is one in love and neither you or any loved ones will feel emptiness or loss, as it is non-existent in love, and I mean true spiritual love, not what humans/egos substitute as love.

Happy Every Day
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

if you really do believe and trust in guidance, why the questions

Why not the questions?
    I got a similar reply before when asking about finding out more about spirituality. I wanted to read books and learn lots but I was told I didn't need to and trust in guidance.
    I'm sure you mean well angelman, but some of us may not be as far along the spiritual path as you and we need reassurance in some form or another while we get there.

I always think it's a dangerous thing to just blindly follow something, even if the motives are pure.
    I'm a naturally curious person and I question everything. I do need some kind of proof of something. In my opinion it would be irresponsible of me to just say 'it's a fact' without backup.

OP you are very eager. The spiritual world is all very fascinating and I've only just tipped my toes in it.
    Just like you I'm eager to know more and experience more.

I started practising reiki years ago. The more I practised, the more at peace and the more things I've experienced out of the ordinary.
    Then there was a break of many years that I stopped doing it. A few years ago I took it up again and other things started happening - synchronicity, signs from angels, seeing angel lights, etc.
    I feel at this time in my life, I'm ready to experience these things moreso than when I was younger. Perhaps i wasn't ready back then, who knows?
    I am beginning to see my purpose in life, beginning to see that we all have lessons to learn, things seem clearer to me now.

I do get confused by these 'signs' sometimes. There's still lots of questions I want answers to. Perhaps in time, I'll be like Angelman, and not question these things and go with the flow! :)

Perhaps you are not seeing the signs that the universes is giving you? You may not be in tune to it, just yet.
    As others suggested, meditate, get yourself centred a bit more. When things are quietened down, we begin to hear more!

Good luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

Why not the questions?
    I got a similar reply before when asking about finding out more about spirituality. I wanted to read books and learn lots but I was told I didn't need to and trust in guidance.
    I'm sure you mean well angelman, but some of us may not be as far along the spiritual path as you and we need reassurance in some form or another while we get there.

I always think it's a dangerous thing to just blindly follow something, even if the motives are pure.
    I'm a naturally curious person and I question everything. I do need some kind of proof of something. In my opinion it would be irresponsible of me to just say 'it's a fact' without backup.

Hi milli milli
    Am I reading this right?

You think that it is a dangerous thing to ‘trust in guidance’ and before you would, could or do you would need proof that spiritual guidance is a fact of life.

How about “synchronicity, signs from angels, seeing angel lights, etc.” and the peace you felt while practicing reiki
    It seems to be a fact of your life! How much proof will satisfy you. ;)

Trusting in guidance is simply excepting things (the world ,the universe whatever) are the way they are, this is not blindly following anything, it is accepting that, whether we agree, like or question the way the world is, WE CANNOT CHANGE IT. Trusting that there is always a higher power and a bigger picture at work.

Trusting and questions when applied to the same thing cancel out each other, if you trust you don’t question, if you question you don’t trust, this is a black or white issue with no room for a grey area, in this case trust is been referred to spiritual guidance.

I wrote about being guided to learn about ourselves and choose change or not, this is about inner stuff, feelings, that are personal, who can prove to you what you are feeling is real for you or not, and in my humble opinion feelings are the only “facts” that are real or matter on our spiritual path, a head full of knowledge and “facts” wont cancel out a heart full of sadness or emptiness or doubt.

I am not further along a spiritual path than anyone else, I choose peace over curiosity, I accept what is happening around me has happened, my questioning or understanding won’t change or undo it, I focus on what I can change, ME, and more importantly I trust that if I am being guided through this life, then so is everyone else, and I can allow and accept the world to be as it is.

Sometimes when people come to me seeking reassurance (many have) I ask them to tell me about the signs and synchronicities and I reassure them that this is guidance and to trust that it is happening even when they are not seeing flashing lights and white feathers , I also tell them that if their ego/human self is left in charge of their journey home, it will be long slow journey as the nothingness of spiritual peace will never satisfy the insatiable appetite of the needy human and a choice must be made.

Happy Every Day
    P

"I am not a body I am free I am still as God created me"

A quote from "A Course in Miracles".

What this is essentially saying is that you have it all already and to wake up to this fact all you need to do is to get the ego out of the way. (not easy).

Good Spiritual teachers caution against spiritual greed or spiritual ambition and stress the importance of living in the "Now! by responding to every event in your life with Love and Wisdom and from that way of living true awakening will follow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PuzzledGirl

Hi all,

I am in Co. Louth area.

Thanks all.

Hi,

Like others I suggest mediation,maybe buying a deck of angel cards, and perhaps some crystals that will help you connect with your guardian angel. mediate with them too. I have gone through my awakening over recent years but I never asked for it, it just happened. Maybe you are pushing for it to happen too much? These energies are free flowing and can't be forced.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the comments, I will look at doing/starting more meditation and spend time on this and meditation with my guardian angels etc. I will also look at Reiki as I would also like to start this too.

Personally I feel people saying that maybe your not ready or you are trying too hard, I think is a cop out. We are all ready and loved and our angels and God are only waiting for us to ask for help with connecting back to the spiritual energy that we ALL come from. We have free will, so God/Angels won't intervene unless we ASK for it. Which I have and I am asking for help.

When we are born and as we are babies/children we were all born with these gifts and the ability to tap into our intuitive side and communicate with our higher self and the source of light, God, Angels etc. However in the world we are born into, society, school, parents Adults etc tell us that these things aren't real and as we grow up we all end up blocking out this side of our gifts/abilities. Our pineal gland/3rd eye gets calcified from lack of use and we then believe what we have been told growing up, that this is the world we live in, we must work and pay bills, be responsible, there is no angels helping us etc and we end up become untuned to the spiritual world which is very much apart of us and to try reverse this is hard.

But that's all I am trying to do, this is how we have our spiritual awakenings when we begin to get back into touch with who we really are and awaken our abilities and senses to the abundance of energy that is all around us connecting us to source, God, Angels.

Everyone is able to make this connection, and become back in touch with source. Yes for others it has just seemed to have happened without trying or without trying too hard, however for me and a lot of others it is a lot harder, BUT Can be done. That's all I was hoping that someone here could help me with getting back in touch with this ability/gift that I was born with.

Yes I may have gotten annoyed by some comments and I said...."I will figure it out myself"....I apologize if this may have annoyed some people but I was just frustrated. I asked for some help and got what I felt was answers that didn't help.
    😞😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AlteredStates

Hi delfagio,

If you want to develop your own inherited gifts or abilities.. join an awareness circle (basically a psychic development circle). This should bring out your inherent gifts. If you need then to move into a mediumship circle then do so.

Trust your own intuition & guidance. Each excercise you do will test your specific abilities. A circle with healers in it is a good point to start.. more healing and less ego is generally when you know you are on the right track.

There is a spiritualist church in Drogheda co louth go there and ask for help with it.. the woman running (Bridie Hughes) is genuine & also SNU accredited and I think she runs development classes.

Wishing you every success on your journey :)

Hi AlteredStates,

Thanks for your reply, I'll look into this and see if I can find a contact for Bridie

• Registered Users Posts: 13 willthatdo

Thanks all for the comments, I will look at doing/starting more meditation and spend time on this and meditation with my guardian angels etc. I will also look at Reiki as I would also like to start this too.

Personally I feel people saying that maybe your not ready or you are trying too hard, I think is a cop out. We are all ready and loved and our angels and God are only waiting for us to ask for help with connecting back to the spiritual energy that we ALL come from. We have free will, so God/Angels won't intervene unless we ASK for it. Which I have and I am asking for help.

When we are born and as we are babies/children we were all born with these gifts and the ability to tap into our intuitive side and communicate with our higher self and the source of light, God, Angels etc. However in the world we are born into, society, school, parents Adults etc tell us that these things aren't real and as we grow up we all end up blocking out this side of our gifts/abilities. Our pineal gland/3rd eye gets calcified from lack of use and we then believe what we have been told growing up, that this is the world we live in, we must work and pay bills, be responsible, there is no angels helping us etc and we end up become untuned to the spiritual world which is very much apart of us and to try reverse this is hard.

But that's all I am trying to do, this is how we have our spiritual awakenings when we begin to get back into touch with who we really are and awaken our abilities and senses to the abundance of energy that is all around us connecting us to source, God, Angels.

Everyone is able to make this connection, and become back in touch with source. Yes for others it has just seemed to have happened without trying or without trying too hard, however for me and a lot of others it is a lot harder, BUT Can be done. That's all I was hoping that someone here could help me with getting back in touch with this ability/gift that I was born with.

Yes I may have gotten annoyed by some comments and I said...."I will figure it out myself"....I apologize if this may have annoyed some people but I was just frustrated. I asked for some help and got what I felt was answers that didn't help.
    😞😞

Hi Delfagio,

I understand your desire to delve into this type of thing but I would urge caution. I done the same myself and used to practice reiki and other healing modalities. I also received the munay ki and gave them all up. I state that just to show I have experience. I would strongly advise that you do not go down that path. Trust me, if God wanted you to see and talk to him or angels your "pineal gland" would not be an issue. Although it might seem like a rational explanation for why we cant see the spiritual world just consider this with your obvious faith and belief in God, do you not think that with God being so powerful that he could show himself to you if it was necessarry regardless of pineal glands or blocked 3rd eyes ? Feel free to pm me if you want to talk more about it but if you do go down that path, make sure for everything you read, read an equal amount of teachings on Christianity and God's view on these things and always keep a critical mind and even skeptical mind for whatever anyone teaches you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheGlitchKing

depends where you want to start. Awakening goes through different levels but not all people start on the same level. There's also a basement, but I would not recommend starting there. To awaken your spiritual eye you first need to open your real eyes. Look at the world around you and see what it is trying to tell you. Open your eyes and ears and listen to what is happening around you. Spiritual awakening begins with physical awakening. They say your body is a temple for a reason. Why do people go into temples? To speak to higher powers.

Advertisement