Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 1 Thread

Options
  • 20-10-2011 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭

All conversation relating to Division One will be held in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Current Standings

Division 1
    Inchicore Warriors 5-1
    Stompers 4-2
    Lucan Liverbirds 3-3
    Mehtastic 2-4

Division 2
    The Wildcats 3-3
    Packer Whackers 3-3
    Muppeteers 2-4
    New York Rebels 1-5

Division 3
    The Ironsides 3-3
    Dolfans 3-3 (1 strike for inactivity)
    Dundalk Oriels 3-3
    Bobo's Clowns 2-4 (2 strikes for inactivity)

Division 4
    Cork Eagles 5-1
    Spawn of Spongey 4-2
    Dublin Blades 3-3
    Super Best Friends 2-4

Very close race so far with only 4 teams above .500

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Week 7 Preview
    A big week set to take place in Boards Division 1 with a congestion of teams loitering at arount the .500 mark. A win this week might just provide the two game swing in some matchups that ultimately decide who will go to the postseason and who will be watching from the sidelines.

Dublin Blades 3-3 V Mehtastic 2-4

Both teams come into this game off on the back of week 6 wins and will be keen to add another to the W columm. Although every game is important in fantasy football victory is argueably more critical to Mehtastic at this stage of the season as they prop up their conference and at three games back of the conference leading Inchicore Warriors and two games back of a wildcard spot. Defeat to go three games back of the wildcard will almost certainly draw the curtains to their championship aspirations.

Both teams enter the game with Bye week and injury dilemmas. Blades will be without star running Back LeSean McCoy, whilst the services of Joseph Addai also appear likely to be missing leaving them thin where the ground game is concerned.

Mehtastic too have personnel issues to deal with, their only rostered QB Eli Manning is on a bye week, starting running back Cedric Benson also has a bye to contend with followed by a one game suspension and star reciever Andre Johnson looks to be unlikely to suit up due to injury.

This game really could go either way as both sides will rely on individual week flyers to suppliment the remaining spines of their team.

Prediction : Dublin Blades recieving corps fronted by Larry Fitzgerald and Brandon Llyod who reunites with Josh McDaneils along with a red hot Brandon Pettigrew sneaking them over the line in a close one.

The Wildcards 3-3 V The Stompers 4-2

The meeting of two teams that as it stands are slated to lock horns again in the quarter finals of the playoffs as things stange should be a cracking affair and if NFL projections are to go by it will be as both sides are projected within a point of each others total right now.

The stompers albeit with a better record come into the game second in Conference 1 trying to keep up with high flying Inchicore warriors and know trying to claw back a two game gap will be very difficult.

The Wildcats come in atop of Conference 2 but with only one game seperating the top 3 in the conference know slip ups need to be avoided at all costs.

The Wildcats come into the game with a squad of players that almost exclusively avoid byes whilst byes to 4 stomper players mean their team almost picks itself.

Prediction : Although NFL.Com would suggest the Wildcats will come out on top (assuming they change their TE who is on a bye) Im going to go with a Stompers win driven off a strong performance from Ray Rice and Matt Schaub.

New York Rebels 1-5 V The Ironsides 3-3

Arguably the unlucky team of Boards Division 1 ther New York Rebels cannot take pity on themselves as they still legitimatly fight not only for relegation survival but bizzarely a playoff slot. Most 1-5 teams would be out of contention but given the way things have fallen thus far in their conference they lie only 2 games off the top spot and also lead the conference in scoring. A win this week could set the wheels in motion for a remarkable playoff run.

That said they come up against an Ironsides team who having started a perfect 3-0 have dropped their last three and in desperate need for a win themselves to reignite their postseason aspirations. Both teams are impacted by the bye weeks New York rebels it would appear more so than the Ironsides however.

Micheal Vick, Hakim Nicks and Fred Jackson are all off the table for them this week, The Rebels have been wheeling and dealing in the market to bring in newly crowned Oakland starter Carson Palmer as a bye week replacement for Vick which might offset some of the Vick downside.

On the other side the Ironsides have Ryan Fitzpatrick on a bye and only John Beck to come in as a replacment barring that however their only other concern is making sure they add their defense back in as the slot is currently left empty.

Prediction : The wheeling and dealing to bring in Kevin Walter, Carson Palmer would seem a futile attempt to turn this weeks fortunes around. Issac Redmond and Kevin Walter who start for Nicks and Jackson just cannot present the level of points that will be needed to turn over the Ironsides.

The rest fo follow later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

just checking in as owner/coach/gm of the Inchicore Warriors

Dodge wrote: »
    just checking in as owner/coach/gm of the Inchicore Warriors

We're playing each other this week. I see there is a fair few byes on our benches and a couple of DNPs in our starting lineups. Could be a low scoring affair

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

D3PO wrote: »
    Prediction : Although NFL.Com would suggest the Wildcats will come out on top (assuming they change their TE who is on a bye) Im going to go with a Stompers win driven off a strong performance from Ray Rice and Matt Schaub.

Was jsut waiting on my waiver request to come through :D

Poor performances the last two weeks have seen me go from a pretty comfortable position to pegged back in my division, really have to pick it up now this week and next to try put some distance between me and the rest in my conference hopefully. Really gonna neede big weeks from Forte, Jennings and Matthews this week to put me back on course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Frisbee wrote: »
    Really gonna neede big weeks from Forte, Jennings and Matthews this week to put me back on course.

My team is Stompers, playing you this week. Ironically, the three guys you mentioned on your team are all on other teams of mine, in PPR and Keeper leagues. Torn! :confused:

fisgon wrote: »
    My team is Stompers, playing you this week. Ironically, the three guys you mentioned on your team are all on other teams of mine, in PPR and Keeper leagues. Torn! :confused:

Ah you def want them to do well.

Seriously, you do.

Srsly.

We're playing each other this week. I see there is a fair few byes on our benches and a couple of DNPs in our starting lineups. Could be a low scoring affair

yeah, I don't have a single fit player playing on my bech this week

Both my RBs are firm No 2s too

Thats bye weeks for you

Both my RBs are firm No 2s too

Thats bye weeks for you

I hear ya Ive got Donald Brown and Maurice Morris starting at runing back this week !! :eek::eek:

At least getting up early and snatching Morris as a FA yesterday following the sad news of Jerome Harrison has bagged me at least a guy that will start at running back this week.

The remaining week 7 matchups

Muppeteers 2-4 V Dundalk Oriels 3-3

Another crunch game between two temms stuck in the congestion of conferences 2 and 3 respectively. Defeat for either side wont be catestrophic but a win to try and burst clear of the pack is clearly what both sides crave.

Neither side are devasted by the byes, both will however be missing their number 1 reciving options DeSean Jackson and Wes Welker respectively but that should pretty much cancel each other out.

What is much more likely to be a factor in this one is how many touches of the football Run DMC will lose as a result of the Raiders upgrading at the signal caller position that said Kansas are a shadow of their formerselves so I look for a huge game out of McFadden

Prediction : With McFadden, along with a rejuvinated Earnest Graham who will likely start for the injured LeGarrett Blount and Drew Brees I find it hard to look beyond the Muppeteers for a win hin this one. The Oriels look good on paper but collectively as a team are underperforming in fantasy world and I dont see that changing this week

Packer Whackers 3-3 V Bobo's Clowns 2-4

When you have an inactive player as this game features with Bobo's Clowns you expect an easy win, but strangely enough that might not be the case in this one. The inactive Clowns have a full team bar Tight end by chance and that gives them a legitimate albeit frustrating chance of winning their week 7 matchup against the Packer Whackers.

The Whackers themselves do have some bye week absentees to manage with CJ Spiller missing. That said the replacement option is non other than one Mr Chris Johnson. Johnson has underwhelemed in fantasy land this season and the Whackers would really do with a big game out of him (assuming they actually make the lineup change)

Both teams look pretty light in their recieving corps so this game is likely to come down to a QB / RB battle. And that makes this one very hard to call as the Whackers QB / RB combo are about as consistent as an irregular heart beat.

Prediction : Packer Whackers to sneak home with Romo, Johnson and Sproles outperforming Bradford, Turner and Wells

Lucan Liverbirds 3-3 V Dolfans 3-3

Lucan Liverbirds and put their feetup this week as their game versus an inactive Dolfans is a banker win. The key aspect for Lucan in this game is to accumulate as many points as possible jsut in case their final playoff fotues come down to points scored. With 4 players on byes and Lee Evans a did not participate the Lucan team picks itself and will hope to rack up a big points total.

Either way they wont be troubled by a pathetic Dolfans lineup that got thirty something points last week and boasts two starting players on byes and no WR#3 selected.

Prediction : If Lucan Liverbirds dont win I will retire from fantasy football for good.

Inchicore Warriors 5-1 Spawn of Spongey 4-2

The game of the week in terms of the teams with the most collective wins. Spongey boyant after inflicting a first defeat of the seaon on Cork Eagles last week face another 5 win team this week. For all their good work they know defeat and they are back in the pack for a wildcard slot so a pivotal game in their season.

Inchicore given their record could afford to lose this one but will be anxious to continue winning and get a bye in the first round of the playoffs if as expected they go on to win Conference 1.

Both teams have players on byes but its fair to say there are much more likely to impact Inchicore with AJ Green, & Jeremy Maclin both out and Legarrett Blouont to miss out again due to injurt. Replacements Laurent Robinson, Darius Heyward Bey and Johnathon Stewart with respect dont put the same fear into the opposition in a fantasy matchup.

For Spongey Jake Ballard is really the only starter missing and V
    incante Shanicoe as a repalcement argueably strengtens their team anyway as if expected Rookie QB Christian Ponder relies on his TE's to move the ball in the passing game.

Prediction : Spongey to snap the Inchicore 5 game winning streak as the weakend Inchicore team cannot keep pace due to the bye week.

Cork Eagles 5-1 v Super Best Friends 2-4

A divisional matchup of top v bottom in Conference 4. Both teams trying to bounce back form divisional losses last week. For Super Best Friends its make or break defeat al but ends their playoff chances Cork Eagles can afford to lose but clearly wont want to having dropped from #1 to #2 seed on the back of last weeks loss.

The Eagles have been steamrolling teams off the back of QB Tom Brady who sits out this week but with Jay Cutler the man to step in the Eagles bench depth which also included Green Ellis (bye) and Eric Deckker indicate why they are one of the hot favourites to go the whole way to the title. Super Best Friends who are pretty much at full strength will still struggle to keep up and have struggled this year when Steve Smith (Carolina) and Josh Freeman have failed to put up big numbers.

That said picking up Demarco Murray off the waiver wire this week (ahead of me damn priority grrr) could prove a master stroke and they will really need him to fire along with Smith and Freeman if they are to pull off the upset.

Prediction : The Eagles lineup is just too consistent week on week to back against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Signing in as the owner of Corkeagles. I can't believe how well the season has gone so far. And to think I was going to go to the pub and auto draft on the night of the draft. And to think I by right should have been relegated from this division after last year.

Behind to fisgon by 2.44 points.

I have Flacco left to play. He has Ray Rice.

Can't say I'm too hopeful...

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Signing in as Dolfans coach!!
    Lucan Liverbirds 3-3 V Dolfans 3-3

Lucan Liverbirds and put their feetup this week as their game versus an inactive Dolfans is a banker win. The key aspect for Lucan in this game is to accumulate as many points as possible jsut in case their final playoff fotues come down to points scored. With 4 players on byes and Lee Evans a did not participate the Lucan team picks itself and will hope to rack up a big points total.

Either way they wont be troubled by a pathetic Dolfans lineup that got thirty something points last week and boasts two starting players on byes and no WR#3 selected.

Prediction : If Lucan Liverbirds dont win I will retire from fantasy football for good.

When's the retirement party???

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

What's the story with the strikes??
    I couldn't log on in work week before last and broadband was fupped at home, so didn't update team and now have 1 strike??

raddo wrote: »
    Signing in as Dolfans coach!!

When's the retirement party???

well I thoguht you were inactive following last week only for you to come back on. I should have prefaced my comment by saing IF Dolfans dont logon to make their lineup changes I will retire :)

Touche :)

I beat Spongey with good days from Rogers and Wallace as usual. Nice day for Jonathon stewart really helped me out.

He was another Shanahan victim with Ryan Torrain having 2 rshes for -5 yards and -0.5 points

Now 6-1, but struggling badly for a team next week

Behind to fisgon by 2.44 points.

I have Flacco left to play. He has Ray Rice.

Can't say I'm too hopeful...

Reckon it's fifty-fifty. You never know what Flacco will do, could be 5 points, could be 25. Rice, on the other hand, is solid for at least 10, maybe more. So up in the air. At least it gives a bit of interest to this game tonight that is going to be a blowout.

raddo wrote: »
    What's the story with the strikes??
    I couldn't log on in work week before last and broadband was fupped at home, so didn't update team and now have 1 strike??

If a team plays with players on byes or inactive/out when replacements are available on the bench without an adequate reason they get a strike, three strikes throughout the season and its removal from the league. Seeing as you came back with a reasonable excuse i'll remove the strike. :D

I beat Spongey with good days from Rogers and Wallace as usual. Nice day for Jonathon stewart really helped me out.

He was another Shanahan victim with Ryan Torrain having 2 rshes for -5 yards and -0.5 points

Now 6-1, but struggling badly for a team next week

Thought i got a good one getting Torain on waivers on sunday morning even making sure i got on the net sunday morning in London to get him in the team. As it turned out he was replacing Hillis who would have got me zero anyway so no difference to the net result there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lost(or will lose) this week to drop to 5-2 and I've read that tim hightower may have torn his ACL.

• Advertisement

Thought i got a good one getting Torain on waivers on sunday morning even making sure i got on the net sunday morning in London to get him in the team. As it turned out he was replacing Hillis who would have got me zero anyway so no difference to the net result there.

And next week you'll drop Torain and he'll get 20. Shanahan hates fantasy football

yeah i tried to grab him but you had got in 3 mins beforehand. Im glad you did he would have replaced Addai in my lineup and I would have lost this week instead of winning.

way to help a conference rival Spongey. Picked up Scott who will start against the Seahawks in Bensons absence next week instead so all and all Im happy out :D

Even though I have a choice of 4 starting RB's for next week (assuming Best is still out) 3 of em are donkeys and only McCoy is worth anything !!

Less than 2 points in it with 2 mins to go!

Lost to fisgon by .06, .06!! points after Flacco threw that late interception.... :mad:

wow 2 of the 8 games in Division 1 decided by 0.06 & 0.16 points respectively.

And both losing teams lost due to late picks thrown by QB's

Fractional points really coming into play.

Big week of games coming up with a lot of teams sitting on 4-3 right now

went only 4 of 8 in my week 7 fantasy predictions lol you gotta love fantasy football

wow 2 of the 8 games in Division 1 decided by 0.06 & 0.16 points respectively.

And both losing teams lost due to late picks thrown by QB's

Fractional points really coming into play.

Big week of games coming up with a lot of teams sitting on 4-3 right now

That late pick by Flacco actually won me a game in a different league by 0.44 as my opponent had Dickson in his team who was the intended target of the pick :D Scobee's FG actually put me in the lead in that match too.

Lost to fisgon by .06, .06!! points after Flacco threw that late interception.... :mad:

Ouch! Man, that's gotta hurt. I almost feel sorry for you, almost! I lost a game by .01 points last year, it's not nice.

Thought it was all over when Flacco threw that TD, but the pick on the last play saved me. Phew!

BTW: how terrible is the Ravens offence?

Scobee's FG actually put me in the lead in that match too.

I picked up Scobee in a different league this week as my kicker was on a bye and had a feeling Jacksonville would be doing a lot of kicking against that Ravens D :D
    fisgon wrote: »
    Thought it was all over when Flacco threw that TD, but the pick on the last play saved me. Phew!

BTW: how terrible is the Ravens offence?

I woke up and saw I was ahead by two points with two minutes to go and the Ravens had possession. Went out praying that they would throw and not give it to Rice.

Couldn't believe it when I got back and saw the score. The Ravnes O is sooooo bad, McCoy will be getting the start over Flacco from here on I think. I was actually thinking about starting McCoy (which would have won it for me) but had to start him in another league as Eli was on a bye so didn't start him here in order to split my chances :o

• Advertisement

Sorry but WTF has happened

I won my week 7 game now my score has changed and it says I have LOST !!!!!!!

Im sorry but thats FU*KING BULLSHt. Its now changed a Tebow sack into a rushing attempt and a 6 yard loss.

What a crock of crap

Advertisement