Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Looking forward to a good season, pretty sure we had full attendance in the draft which was great!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone interested in trading for Frank Gore or Dion Lewis?

I'm looking for a wide receiver in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

It seems that waivers are being processed on Thursdays now, is this new? In any other league I have been in it has always been Wednesdays, and I think it was that way last year. Maybe I have missed something.

Definitely think a Wednesday waiver process is better, Thurs is too late I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It was Thursday last year anyway. I can change it if a majority want it changed.

Waiver period is currently set to 2 days. I can change this to 1 day if a majority want it changed.

Thank this post if you want to change the waivers period to 1 day. Need 8 thanks to make the change.

EDIT: Actually this post seems to suggest the setting is correct so probably shouldn't be changed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91628288&postcount=230

adrian522 wrote: »
    It was Thursday last year anyway. I can change it if a majority want it changed.

Waiver period is currently set to 2 days. I can change this to 1 day if a majority want it changed.

Thank this post if you want to change the waivers period to 1 day. Need 8 thanks to make the change.

EDIT: Actually this post seems to suggest the setting is correct so probably shouldn't be changed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91628288&postcount=230

Maybe it has always been like this and I haven't noticed. Anyway, maybe something to think about for the future, with a game on Thurs night I think that having to wait for Thurs morning to get waivers is a bit awkward.

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in trading for Frank Gore or Dion Lewis?

I'm looking for a wide receiver in return.

Both still available, threw out a few offers and emails last week but no interest, If you are in need of running back help please get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

fisgon wrote: »
    Maybe it has always been like this and I haven't noticed. Anyway, maybe something to think about for the future, with a game on Thurs night I think that having to wait for Thurs morning to get waivers is a bit awkward.

No it was Wednesday. I remember cause last year I flew most Wednesdays during the NFL season and I would be sitting in the airport making the changes. Never remember the waiver picks coming through on the day of a game. No big problem. Just gives people slow off the mark extra time to stuck a request in.

I don't think you were in division 1 last year though, so may have been setup differently there. I haven't changed anything this year to do with waivers and I distinctly remember it was on a different day to other leagues I'm in so I think it was the same.

Same as you it doesn't make much difference to me but I'd probably prefer it on Wednesday morning.

I am offering Drew Brees for trade, if anyone needs a QB.

All reasonable offers considered.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I don't think you were in division 1 last year though, so may have been setup differently there. I haven't changed anything this year to do with waivers and I distinctly remember it was on a different day to other leagues I'm in so I think it was the same.

Same as you it doesn't make much difference to me but I'd probably prefer it on Wednesday morning.

Yeah you're right. I forgot I moved from division 2 to 1 this year.

Anyways I'm loaded with tight ends. Gates, Reed and Seferian-jenkins. Could be looking to move one or two on if anyone has any rbs that see a decent amount of action. Tired of never having a sure starter at they position.

• Advertisement

Agree 60 seconds should be loads if you have your ranks done before hand.

Anyway my draft went as follows:

QB Eli Manning
    HB Le'eon Bell, Frank Gore, Todd Gurley, Dion Lewis, Cameron Artis-PAyne
    WR Vincent Jackson, Andre Johnson, DeVante Parker, Percy Harvin, Eddie Royal,
    TE: Delanie Walker
    DST: Detroit Lions
    K: Brandon McManaus

Not real happy, could work out ok but while Bell is suspended I'm a bit screwed for a RB. WR Corp is weak and exposed at QB and TE with no backups. Long season ahead I think.

Interesting to look back on the draft. Only 3 players still on my roster one of whom is injured anyway so will only be starting Eli and Gurley from players I drafted in the final game.

Congratulations to the Arsenal Jets who wins this years division 1 championship. He put a really imressive roster together, and went through the season losing only once. Fully deserving of the title.

I knew I was in trouble when I looked over his roster to find the number 1 QB, the number RB, the number 1 Defense, and 3 top ten WR as well as one of the top TE's (who was injured).

Happy with my own season, making the championship game despite struggling with WR's all year. I recovered from a poor draft by picking up some diamonds on the waiver wire and making one trade for Eric Decker.

Congratulations also Douglas lions and Stompers who also secure promotion to the premier league.

Thanks to everyone for playing this season, hope it was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Congratulations to the Arsenal Jets who wins this years division 1 championship. He put a really imressive roster together, and went through the season losing only once. Fully deserving of the title.

I knew I was in trouble when I looked over his roster to find the number 1 QB, the number RB, the number 1 Defense, and 3 top ten WR as well as one of the top TE's (who was injured).

Thanks Adrian, delighted!
    I had some decent luck with injuries also - I was expecting Cam to get injured every time he took off on one of those runs of his!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Congrats Limpar, you definitely assembled one of the strongest line-ups I've seen for a 16 team league & put up a huge number of points. (sorry to ruin your perfect record:pac:)

As for myself had a very good season only losing twice during the regular season & than doubling that total during the playoffs, which was disappointing note to end on, struggling with both RB positions & WR3 coming into it. Anyway delighted to be promoted, despite my pessimistic outlook after the draft, which resulted in that post which obviously looks ridiculous now:o
    Lionbacker wrote: »
    Had a nightmare drafting.
    On at least six or seven occasions, the player I had my eye on was selected, either one or two picks ahead of me. A very infuriating draft experience.
    As a result not entirely happy with my team but as you said, "it is what it is".

Reminder, post in the below thread if you want to play Fantasy Football this year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619011

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Hi all,
    I will be the new GM for Div1 this season. I have removed the players who have been promoted to the Prem Lge & also sent PM's to the new D1 players. Please get back to me with your e-mail addresses (via PM) & I'll get the league invites sent out to you ASAP. Once we have everybody in, we can sort out our draft date.

Cheers,
    Pat the Patriot
    The Nastys

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

Not sure if I am in Div 1 or still in Premier, I think I might have been relegated... Corrigeen Crusaders...

Just sent you a PM ... you are still in the Prem Div.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

League seems to be full still for me to join

I've updated the no. of teams to 16 ..... can you try again & let me know if you are still having difficulties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

I've updated the no. of teams to 16 ..... can you try again & let me know if you are still having difficulties.

I'm in now! Thank your Sir

Quick Update:
    We are now up to 10 entrants ... there are still 6 places left to be filled. PM's have been sent requesting e-mails, so that an invite can be issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Just to confirm my team is already in the league, Warfield's Warriors.

Yep... the Warfield Warriors are in ... here's the list of who's in right now & who is left to send me an e-mail in order to issue an invite

adrian beatersons - IN
    the nastys - IN
    mightypigs - IN
    blu york giants - IN
    warrior's warriors - IN
    Donotar dare devils - IN
    For whom Odell Tolls - IN
    The Godfavre - e-mail req'd
    Witty Tanks - IN
    Walnut Wanderers - e-mail req'd
    Cork eagles - IN
    muppeteers - IN
    Believe in Eli - Invite issued
    Moyross Piebalds - e-mail req'd
    Lambmuncher4 - e-mail req'd
    Longford Patriots - e-mail req'd

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

I've replied with my email just there so should be in soon (Longford patriots)

Latest update

adrian beatersons - IN
    the nastys - IN
    mightypigs - IN
    blu york giants - IN
    warrior's warriors - IN
    Donotar dare devils - IN
    For whom Odell Tolls - IN
    The Godfavre - IN
    Witty Tanks - IN
    Walnut Wanderers - IN
    Cork eagles - IN
    muppeteers - IN
    Believe in Eli - Invite issued
    Moyross Piebalds - IN
    Lambmuncher4 - e-mail req'd
    Longford Patriots - IN

So just 2 remaining ... 1 has been invited via e-mail (Believe in Eli) & I'm still waiting to get an e-mail fro the other (Lambmuncher4).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Hi Pat the Patriot, sorry for the delay, Believe in Eli will be signed up in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Apologies lads, just send my email there.

Ok ... once our final team joins we should be almost good to go. I've posted below how how our divisions are split up. It was decided that rather than go with the default fixtures we would set fixtures up manually to ensure more games within your division and mirror more closely how it works in the NFL. I have sent our divisional split to Adrian & he will send me back a list of fixtures that I will then enter in for our league.

Division 1
    Blu York Giants
    Walnut Wanderers
    The Nastys
    The Adrian Beatersons

Division 2
    Witty Tanks
    I Believe in Eli
    Warfield's Warriors
    Muppeteers

Division 3
    Corkeagles
    Moyross Piebalds
    Mighty Pigs
    Donottar Dare Devils

Division 4
    Lambmuncher4
    Longford Patriots
    The Godfavre
    For Whom Odell Tolls

We also need to talk about a draft fate for D1. I am available on the evenings of Mon 5th Sep, Wed 7th Sep & Thurs 8th Sep from 8 - 10pm. Can others please post their availability & I can then kick off a vote on which date/time slot suits the majority for the draft to be held.

Cheers
    Pat the Patriot
    The Nastys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I'm good any week day from 8pm to 11pm

Advertisement