Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brown tax books

• 08-01-2021 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

what the process with transferring ownership with a brown tax book with car ? do you submit the book to Shannon or si there a special form ? also are you able to request to keep the old book ? (for sentimental reasons)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

same process as of old: I'd go into the CoCo office and do it at the counter.

It can be done by post, but I'd phone to make sure they know you want the brown one back.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

You could tell them them the brown one was lost and get a new style one.
    I took the last spot (8th owner??) on my car and brought it into the tax office for fear of losing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

You could tell them them the brown one was lost and get a new style one.
    I took the last spot (8th owner??) on my car and brought it into the tax office for fear of losing it!

last time I did that, they just sent back the old (full) brown one and the new one anyway.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FR85

galwaytt wrote: »
    same process as of old: I'd go into the CoCo office and do it at the counter.

It can be done by post, but I'd phone to make sure they know you want the brown one back.

Tried that recently in Kildare/Naas tax office and the old bat behind the counter would only do a change of ownership if I was also taxing it, car had tax on it, she really isn't happy in her job and I wasn't in the mood for a debate. Posted it to Shannon so am now playing a waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

I have never had any issues doing it and the book never leaves your sight

I get the tax book from the seller and fill it out with my name and address. Also get seller to sign the RF200.

Go into the tax office (Naas in my case), I think you have to make a booking now with covid.
    At the counter the lady stamps the book and gives it straight back to me, and processes the change of ownership on their system using the details on the RF200 form

You then have to tax it (RF100A) or declare it off the road (RF150). I have one or the other filled out and ready to go so everything is done with one visit to the counter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement