Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

some abandoned classics I spotted. Apologies for the picture quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

Nice one G!!! Where and when???? that R12 estate must be rare!! unusual to see an Anglia just sitting there... the country is full of Fordies looking for projects, including me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

came across an Anglia in use not long ago...hauling stuff to the creamery too....Mullinahone near Callan ....

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Daxklynsmith

The Anglia is in Portumna, Owner runs a B&b and was'nt interested in either selling or fixing when i spoke to him last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

Ah thats a shame G. Mullinahone? i pass there a lot in spring/summer. i'm amazed i havent seen it before. is it in original condition?

• Advertisement

superboy wrote: »
    Nice one G!!! Where and when???? that R12 estate must be rare!! unusual to see an Anglia just sitting there... the country is full of Fordies looking for projects, including me! :)

the anglia was on the side of the road in Portumna, Co Galway outside a guesthouse near an entrance to a forestry park. The R12 is a store for gardening tools and isnt for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

I saw that anglia a good few years ago in portumna and thought what a waste and I'm shocked it's still there!!!, it'll rust into dust if left there!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

G Luxel wrote: »
    some abandoned classics I spotted. Apologies for the picture quality.

Hi G Luxel,

Were was the Land rover Series 3 ?
    Thats the sort of thing I'm after

thanks
    Rob

ive sent u a pm so you will find out where it is.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RyanSmith

Juist have a look at some of the abandoned exotica on here.

http://www.supercarforums.co.uk/chatforum/viewtopic.php?t=30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

astonishing!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

seen these two once popular cars abandoned today on the daingan road from edenderry
    fiat 128 + hillman hunter ???

digetpic21-01-08011.jpg

lots of other stuff lieing around as well ,tractors ,first of the patrols & other jeeps

seen this to forget where i saw this crapri:D

bseriescoupehatch031.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭maidhc

manta mad wrote: »
    seen this to forget where i saw this crapri:D

bseriescoupehatch031.jpg

Poor car. I'd love it to keep my Mk2 company...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RyanSmith wrote: »
    Juist have a look at some of the abandoned exotica on here.

http://www.supercarforums.co.uk/chatforum/viewtopic.php?t=30

Those people should be shot several times. Slowly.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

wheres the capri?? i'd sooner have it rotting in my yard than someone elses :D
    If it had a mk2 grill i'd yonk it, i think i can see a few letters on the grill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Not sure if this will work as its my first time uploading photos, so here goes nothing.The kadett was in a local scrapyard a few years ago, it was a common sight around tralee town for a good few years untill it went to the yard,i think it was sold on after the photo. The other photo was taken in a local bog, they were being used as part of a loading ramp!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

That Kadett is in good condition it seems, far too good of condition to go to the great M50 in the sky! I hope its new owner looks after it.

Your picture with cars in the bog reminds me of a sand quarry near my grandparent's farm in Westmeath. About 4 or 5 years ago, there was a number of old cars in it, namely a Vauxhall Astra Mk1, Fiat Regatta, Toyota Camry Mk1, and even a Datsun Micra (the very first of the K10 Micra's, which had Datsun badges on them), among others. The cars have since been removed.

Max_Damage wrote: »
    That Kadett is in good condition it seems, far too good of condition to go to the great M50 in the sky! I hope its new owner looks after it.
    There was quite a bit of filler in it, though i was all set to buy it as a project car but the chevette i own now(16k 1 owner) came up which was too good to miss so it went elsewhere.i have some more wreck pics which il put up in the next few days.

As for the quarry, its getting harder and harder to find places like that, when i think of all the old cars that used to be in fields 10 or 15 years ago i wish i had a time machine!! A friend of mine pulled a horrendously rotten austin 1800 out of a quarry a while back,it was there for around 30 years so we put a battery to the engine for a laugh to see what would happen,it turned over not a problem, we reckoned that if a good inlet manifold and carb,plugs and points were put on it it would nearly run...:D

Somemore dead machinery....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Saab 900 spotted in a rear garden in Henrietta Street, Dublin 1.

Saab.jpg

• Advertisement

Jeez,shes in a bad state,always had a soft spot for old saabs, havent got to drive one yet though:(

Jeez,shes in a bad state(
    I was wondering if the holes on the side are bullet holes! :eek: :D

Ok, so its not exactly a car, but does anyone know exactly what type of truck it is? i was thinking a seddon atkinson, but im not well up on elderly commercials:)

Isn't that Saab a repost?

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Isn't that Saab a repost?

Mike.
    Apologies if it's been posted before. I don't recall seeing it and I didn't think too many people would have been at the rear of Henrietta Street!

Oddness, its not in this thread but I've seen it somewhere.

Mike.

Ok, so its not exactly a car, but does anyone know exactly what type of truck it is? i was thinking a seddon atkinson, but im not well up on elderly commercials:)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/141218/51571.jpg

It might be a Thornycroft Nubian. Shame its in that condition. Is the cab made of fibreglass and also no headlights???

G Luxel wrote: »

It might be a Thornycroft Nubian. Shame its in that condition. Is the cab made of fibreglass and also no headlights???
    Yes, now you say it i think the cab was fibreglass alright,there was a huge piece cut out of the back of it though. I actually tought it was an old ruston bucyrus crane untill it was pulled out of the hedgerow, there was no badges on it at all,very little of any use id say, and im not sure about the headlights. Never heard of a thornycraft nubian before, if i go back to where it was and if its still there ill ask a few questions.

the cab was fibreglass alright,there was a huge piece cut out of the back of it though
    Perhaps to operate the crane from the cab?
    im not sure about the headlights
    The headlights seem to be below the other two 'blank' circles.
    Never heard of a thornycraft nubian before
    They mainly did fire tenders. If it is a Thornycroft, there should be a letter 'T' on the top of the grill. Perhaps it's missing.

• Advertisement

The cab looked really butcherd, much too rough to have been done as a factory job,unless it was done afterwards maybe, i hope its still there when i go back, id like to know what it is for definate.:)

Advertisement