Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 261 - Apr 24th - 3 Title Fights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

I actually feel sick, that's stomach churning.

I looked up at the first replay. More than enough.

That's the weirdest one I've ever seen though, it was looked so innocuous and where it landed. Expect it lower down maybe. Feel sick after seeing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

That was soooo nasty..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,334 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hall looks like he’s having a Vietnam flashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Why did I not look away for that replay

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Himynameistony

That was nasty

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Did Hall even throw/land a shot? I don't think he did. Must be the only win in the UFC where the guy who won didn't even throw/land anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Shane St. wrote: »

I saw it in real time and it was sick. When they said they were showing the replays I was stunned!

So why the hell did I watch them? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

I distinctly remember Matt Serra saying “**** that guy” after they broke Anderson’s leg and they kept calling the leg check “The destructor”.

Revenge is a dish ....

Shane St. wrote: »

Stupid curiosity.
    I really question them showing it in the venue though, can't be nice for Weidman/family to hear thousands of people all go "Ooooohh" 3 times. :/

I'm not expecting much from the next 3 matches, this was the last one I was really looking forward to and was gonna go to bed. Need a palette cleanser after that though.

• Advertisement

Did Hall even throw/land a shot? I don't think he did. Must be the only win in the UFC where the guy who won didn't even throw/land anything.

I seem to remember Weidman making a big deal over the fact that he checked Silva's kick on purpose that specific way to do damage.

I wasn't sure at the time and I'm still not sure. Like the Ronaldinho goal v England in the World Cup. Just because he's capable and says he meant it, doesn't mean he did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Seeing it break on impact was kinda bad, seeing it fold under him as he tried to stand on it immediately after was even more ææsj.

Reminds me of "Gordon Hayward broke his leg! Gordon Hayward has broken his leg!". (NBA)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That was awful.
    Fair play to Uriah, from the second it happened he was upset by it and showed nothing but respect. There's plenty of clowns would have been celebrating.

Yeah I don't think anyone could celebrate that. It's like a reminder to any MMA fighter that skill doesn't matter if the body breaks. Uriah handled that with absolute class.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

Its honestly making me scared to watch the next fights, its kinda put me off temporarily.

What happened to Edwards v Diaz being the first 5 Round Non-Title Co-Main? Was that a spoof? They just showed it as scheduled for 3 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looked like he kicked Hall on the top of the shin just below the knee. Probably the hardest part of the leg.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I seem to remember Weidman making a big deal over the fact that he checked Silva's kick on purpose that specific way to do damage.

I wasn't sure at the time and I'm still not sure. Like the Ronaldinho goal v England in the World Cup. Just because he's capable and says he meant it, doesn't mean he did

I think the check was intentional but not the amount of damage.

Dana White just posted the leg break video on his IG.

Chill Dana, chill!

Shevchenko KO/TKO in both bets. Will have to stay up if it happens :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Utter domination!!

Valentina v Nunes rematch please...only fight that makes sense for either at this stage.

Said it before, I’ll say it again; just let Shevchenko and Nunes fight each other twice a year for the foreseeable future, nobody comes to close to either of them in women’s MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Domination. She’s a beast.

Love to see her fight Nunes again.

It’s the only competition either of them have.

Rose to win in both bets in the next one. Wouldn't be too disappointed if it doesn't come through, at least I wouldn't have to stay up for the walkover main event. :pac:

martyos121 wrote: »
    Said it before, I’ll say it again; just let Shevchenko and Nunes fight each other twice a year for the foreseeable future, nobody comes to close to either of them in women’s MMA.

Would fancy Nunes but at the very least it'd be like not-Don King in The Simpsons begging Moe to just give him someone who can go a couple of rounds. :pac:

Feck it, I’ll stay up now after all those quick finishes. Dying to see how Rose gets on!

Valentina should really fight Zhang or Nunes next. If Zhang KO's or dominates Rose next then I fancy that fight being next, but having Valentina fight anyone other than another champion is a waste of time at this point. What a fighter. Would prefer her to fight Zhang next personally.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Feck it, I’ll stay up now after all those quick finishes. Dying to see how Rose gets on!

They have been keeping the pace going despite the quick finishes. Usually they just show endless promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Main card has been a disaster so far.

Hoping for a war here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

This should be a cracker

Advertisement