Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Offaly soccer players

• 08-11-2020 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭

Where can I get a list of soccer players who come from offaly - current or recent.

Surely, can't be many.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Might just have been living there, maybe wife from offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Edenderry town probably have a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Stephen Grant. Played LOI for a few teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I think this guy must have been bigger than that, I think he must have been over in England judging by the money he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Where can I get a list of soccer players who come from offaly - current or recent.

Surely, can't be many.

Thanks.

Why?

• Advertisement

I think this guy must have been bigger than that, I think he must have been over in England judging by the money he has.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Surely, can't be many.

Thanks.

The only two I know of

Seamus Kelly - Goalkeeper from Mucklagh played LOI for a few clubs, played for Cardiff in the UK, think he played underage GAA for Offaly

Stephen Grant - Came through the ranks at Athlone Town but originally from Offaly I think, Played for Shamrock Rovers moved to England but didn't really work out and ended up back at Rovers.

endabob1 wrote: »
    The only two I know of

Seamus Kelly - Goalkeeper from Mucklagh played LOI for a few clubs, played for Cardiff in the UK, think he played underage GAA for Offaly

Stephen Grant - Came through the ranks at Athlone Town but originally from Offaly I think, Played for Shamrock Rovers moved to England but didn't really work out and ended up back at Rovers.

Stephen Grant’s father owns or co owns Grant Engineering in Birr. He used to own Dooley’s Hotel in Birr too. I don’t know if he still does.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

The Skinner Mooney played for Gallen United and and Baldy Curley played centre half for Pollough.

Advertisement