Forum Closed  

19-10-2015, 15:16   #16
Merlin Car Auctions: Patrick
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr View Post
The car I am looking at is 2010. How come Joe Duffy would put it through auction as opposed to selling it themselves?

Suppose I' m just curious how this particular car ended up for auction.
Each dealer have their own rules as to what cars they will "retail" or "trade". If a car is over a certain amount of years, or more than X km or has body work damage that would be costly to repair and to bring to a good retail standard, then they will "trade" the car. It can be on of these reason's or all of them. We could get a 141 car but it has 140k km for example, that car would be sold here at auction, even if it has a service history, because the odometer was over their quota per se. By the way, I don't know what rules Joe Duffy go by, I am just giving examples.

I hope this helps!

Thanks
Patrick
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-10-2015, 16:02   #17
Barr

Thanks Patrick , that answers my question perfectly.
19-10-2015, 18:03   #18
bazz26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr View Post
The car I am looking at is 2010. How come Joe Duffy would put it through auction as opposed to selling it themselves?

Suppose I' m just curious how this particular car ended up for auction.
It's possible as a general policy they don't retail cars of that age on their forecourt. Many big franchised dealers as a rule will not retail used cars over 4 years old, they either sell them on to smaller dealers or through auction. There could be other reasons of course too depending on the car.
Forum Closed