Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S20+ G985 8GB/128GB Dual Sim - Cosmic Grey €750.49 (-36% €1,152.99)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,247 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Barr wrote: »
    They will take any brand.

Oh really! That's good news (for me anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

unhappyBB wrote: »
    Warehouse?
    At that price I'm definitely tempted but don't know where you're seeing it.

Its on the link above with Amazon "under new & used " the first one is Amazon warehouse deal (which are generally returns )

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭unhappyBB

Ah, I see it. But I don't know if it's worth taking the chance that it could come with a scratched up screen or camera lens. Aaagh, decisions decisions...
    The item will be delivered in the original packaging. The packaging will be damaged. Small (less than 1 cm x 1 cm) cosmetic defect on the front of the item. small scratches on the back of the item (up to 1cm)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Ah, I see it. But I don't know if it's worth taking the chance that it could come with a scratched up screen or camera lens. Aaagh, decisions decisions...

Free, no questions asked, returns for 30 days on warehouse stuff. So if you're not happy with it when it arrives you can send it back hassle free.

I pulled the trigger last night on the S20 + . I didn’t intend on buying the S20. The lure of getting €116 for my clapped out 5 year old phone was too much to resist in the end.

Initially I was getting a P30 pro for €535.

One thing I noticed is the price went from €780 to €805 when I went to check out !

Any how the justification to myself is €805 - €116 so €689 to change .

It is working out €154 more then the P30 pro but I am getting a new model . The P30 pro has been around since last year.

Camera is important to me and there probably isn’t that much between them.

• Advertisement

Free, no questions asked, returns for 30 days on warehouse stuff. So if you're not happy with it when it arrives you can send it back hassle free.

Thanks, I did not know that. Think I'll pull the trigger so and take a chance on the "cheap" one.

Has anyone bought a warehouse item and been happy with it?
    Will anyone really miss not having 5g?

Thanks, I did not know that. Think I'll pull the trigger so and take a chance on the "cheap" one.

Has anyone bought a warehouse item and been happy with it?
    Will anyone really miss not having 5g?

It is marked "very good" so probably just damaged box . I 'd have no fear & returns are easy.

Personally I would be a bit more hesitant if it were marked " good or acceptable"

Let us know what its like if you do go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Can someone tell me where it gives you the value of your current phone? I am adding the s20+ to basket but cannot get the value of my trade in.

willah wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where it gives you the value of your current phone? I am adding the s20+ to basket but cannot get the value of my trade in.

This is the link I used last night

https://tradein.teqcycle.com/samsung

willah wrote: »

Willah , I just tried Amazon there and the link is gone ! . It was under "promotions"

The offer of the trade in looks like it finished today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Trade in offer was only valid for purchases until 01 June, have until 15th to register new phone and a while later to send old phone for cashback.

Yikes, it has been running since the 13.03.2020 . Samsung will probably replace it with something similar as sales of the S20 have been slow to say the least. The RRP is crazy with these phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭swine

I pulled the trigger last night on the S20 + . I didn’t intend on buying the S20. The lure of getting €116 for my clapped out 5 year old phone was too much to resist in the end.

Initially I was getting a P30 pro for €535.

One thing I noticed is the price went from €780 to €805 when I went to check out !

Any how the justification to myself is €805 - €116 so €689 to change .

It is working out €154 more then the P30 pro but I am getting a new model . The P30 pro has been around since last year.

Camera is important to me and there probably isn’t that much between them.

Similar for my purchase on the S20 regular. I think it is marked as VAT if you view your order on amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

swine wrote: »
    Similar for my purchase on the S20 regular. I think it is marked as VAT if you view your order on amazon.de

Yes it is the difference between Irish and German vat rates. German VAT is 19% so 780/119*123 = 806

Has anybody complete the trade in yet? Hope my phone arrives before the 15th., final day for registration.

I'm in the same boat , ordered 1st June & it hasn't even been dispatched yet .

I'm thinking now it will be tight to get it before the 15th.

Anyone feeling the pressure now? Can't see me getting the phone by 15th as it's still not shipped....

It's still giving me a delivery date of 9th -15th June . I'm definitely a bit sceptical though.

I ordered a tempered glass from Amazon at the same time (sold by a third party) The annoying thing is that was dispatched right away but no movement at all on the phone .

It's still giving me a delivery date of 9th -15th June . I'm definitely a bit sceptical though.

Same. What's going on? Usually if you order direct from Amazon it flies out the door :confused:

I'd say don't count on getting the phone by 15th guys. I emailed them and they said the processing of my order was postponed due to some technical issues. I'll be cancelling Thursday if not shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

Ordered S20+ in blue and insured travel in April. After about 20 days we got the update that it was being processed (no payment had been taken). after another 10 days the phone arrived.
    I had opened up two tickets to get an update and didn't get a response.
    Works perfect. So if you want a good offer, bad service, great price and are willing to wait I'd recommend the site.

zep wrote: »
    I'd say don't count on getting the phone by 15th guys. I emailed them and they said the processing of my order was postponed due to some technical issues. I'll be cancelling Thursday if not shipped.

Good to know , there has to be some issue . Normally it takes a day or two for dispatch .

Jesper wrote: »
    Ordered S20+ in blue and insured travel in April. After about 20 days we got the update that it was being processed (no payment had been taken). after another 10 days the phone arrived.
    I had opened up two tickets to get an update and didn't get a response.
    Works perfect. So if you want a good offer, bad service, great price and are willing to wait I'd recommend the site.

Did you do the trade in - if so how did that go ?

Mine has shipped ..... finally some progress :)

My June 1st ordered S20 arrive from Amazon.de

I'm filling out the trade-in form and it's like filling out a tax return in German. It also doesn't like you change the country from Germany. Anyone else had any joy?

I'm filling out the trade-in form and it doesn't like you change the country from Germany. Anyone else had any joy?

My S20 is not here till Monday so your a bit ahead of me. I haven’t tried the form yet as I need the iMei from the new phone.

Could you leave the country as Germany and fill out the rest with your Irish address.

Failing that I remember seeing an email address to contact them

I'm filling out the trade-in form and it's like filling out a tax return in German. It also doesn't like you change the country from Germany. Anyone else had any joy?

Let me know if it worked for you.

I have sent off an email to aktionen@samsung.de to see what they say.

Let me know if it worked for you.

I have sent off an email to aktionen@samsung.de to see what they say.

Thanks Barr.

I just completed the application process once more (the first one timed out I think). I entered Ireland as my address but the country is fixed to Germany. You also need to provide a postal code (eircode not accepted). It needs to be a 5 digit code from a quick google.

On submit, I got a notification that "our sales process has been successfully created. However, the shipping label could not be created.
    Please contact our support so that we can provide you with the shipping label" so have sent an email to them.

Thanks Barr.

I just completed the application process once more (the first one timed out I think). I entered Ireland as my address but the country is fixed to Germany. You also need to provide a postal code (eircode not accepted). It needs to be a 5 digit code from a quick google.

On submit, I got a notification that "our sales process has been successfully created. However, the shipping label could not be created.
    Please contact our support so that we can provide you with the shipping label" so have sent an email to them.

What did you do for a postal code ? Did it go through as blank or did you pick something random .

• Advertisement

11111 as it wouldn't accept 00000.

Advertisement