Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Home £32.99

• 07-10-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

*NUKED*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Google Home

Seems like an amazing deal on the Google Home, nearly 100 euros off.
    Ebay seller has good feedback so looks legit.

Possibly the mini?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Something very wrong here. They offer free postage to anywhere in the world. I worked in the Falklands Islands and know what the postage is so I checked and its free. Beware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Just bought one, I'll let ye know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Could be a hacked account. If it looks to good to be true it usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'd normally guess compromised account, but feedback is very recent, unlike the usual compromised accounts where its 6 months plus since any feedback. Still think it's iffy though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Could be a clearance, google keynote is on Tuesday, might be a refresh coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Vast majority of feedback is as a buyer not seller

Not good

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Could be a clearance, google keynote is on Tuesday, might be a refresh coming.
    OK, clearance, but free postage? It's not exactly something that fits into a small envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah sounds like a scam, think I'll avoid taking a chance on this.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yeah sounds like a scam, think I'll avoid taking a chance on this.

It's most likely a scam but paying by PayPal means I'm fully covered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

It's most likely a scam but paying by PayPal means I'm fully covered

Maybe we could get an idea if someone mailed the seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

the latest feedback says its a scammer. Stay away unless you want money tied up in a dispute for a week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭tech

100% safe with Mr. PAy Pal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Received email to say its scam from Ebay. Have started dispute with Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I don't understand, it was obviously a scam, why waste your time on a 0% chance?

Ebay has become a minefield as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

RossieMan wrote: »
    I don't understand, it was obviously a scam, why waste your time on a 0% chance?

Ebay has become a minefield as of late.

Wasted under 1 min. I have had big pricing errors delivered before so why not.

I got the same item removed compromised account email from Ebay. There is no dispute to resolve with Paypal, the payment is already on hold so will be returned to my Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

dan786 wrote: »
    Wasted under 1 min. I have had big pricing errors delivered before so why not.

Very few companies are honouring big pricing errors these days, spreading by social media the cost to honour is too much for companies.

It's 1 min of your life but several minutes of multiple other people's to process the refund request, which is a cost passed on to customers eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I understand doing it with a proper website like Argos and such, but Ebay? Its a complete timewaster, regardless of how long it took.

Advertisement