Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

JimFin wrote:
    The phone is a Samsung S10 that is up to date also. I'm running out of ideas and was going to uninstall the app off the phone and re-install but I 'm concerned that it will loose all the flight history data or require logins and passwords that I have no clue what they are!

The phone could be the issue. I think the app doesn't like Android 10, could you test on an older device?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Tweaky wrote: »
    FIMI X8 2020

FIMI X8 The new 2020 Version down to € 337 from spanish warehouse incl delivery. Option also to get a further discount in a draw.

Might be easier on a laptop, but I can't seem to find anywhere to enter the discount code?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

McMurphy wrote: »
    Might be easier on a laptop, but I can't seem to find anywhere to enter the discount code?

Should appear at the bottom of the checkout page

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Tweaky wrote: »
    Should appear at the bottom of the checkout page

It did indeed, and the code did indeed work, didn't pull the trigger though, will maybe have to run this one past Mrs McMurphy first who thinks "I've enough gadgets":P

Seems outstanding value for money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭JimFin

tedpan wrote: »
    The phone could be the issue. I think the app doesn't like Android 10, could you test on an older device?

Thanks for that, I tried it on a phone running an older version and it worked fine. Bit of a shame though, would be nice to have it working off my current phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭jamesd

JimFin wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I tried it on a phone running an older version and it worked fine. Bit of a shame though, would be nice to have it working off my current phone.

Thanks for this, was ready to place an order just now and saw this post and I stopped as I only have a phone running android 10 so will hold.

jamesd wrote:
    Thanks for this, was ready to place an order just now and saw this post and I stopped as I only have a phone running android 10 so will hold.

This is for the older mi drone. The Fimi uses the Fimi Navi app which works flawlessly on 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Hi guys,

I have been flying rc planes for years and was thinking of getting this as my first drone?

Redriddick wrote:
    I have been flying rc planes for years and was thinking of getting this as my first drone?

I assume you're talking about the fimi x8 2020?If you've flown before, this would be incredibly easy in comparison. It's a fantastic all all rounder and very easy to get to grips with. As it's on pre-order and very popular at the moment, it could be months before it arrives though..

tedpan wrote: »
    I assume you're talking about the fimi x8 2020?If you've flown before, this would be incredibly easy in comparison. It's a fantastic all all rounder and very easy to get to grips with. As it's on pre-order and very popular at the moment, it could be months before it arrives though..

Thanks, yes the fimi x8 2020, do banggood take payment immediately or when dispatched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭christy c

Redriddick wrote: »
    Thanks, yes the fimi x8 2020, do banggood take payment immediately or when dispatched?

Immediately

christy c wrote:
    Immediately

The money was just resting in my account...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭unhappyBB

I'm trying the code but only getting $28.56 off the price. That still leaves it at $400.
    Did you guys do anything different to get it to work?

I used a different code yesterday because the one on this thread was over used.
    That one was giving me over $50 off but isn't working today BGFIMIX820Z

Presale has ended, that's why it's gone up I think

That's annoying. I've been trying since yesterday and the page still says its available for pre-order now.
    Ah well, no drone for me :(

Use bGhOnEy10 will get 40 bucks off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The presale should still be active for a few more hours, it runs up until April 30th (UTC+8), however your chances of the discount code working now are slim as it appeared to only really be available early in the morning up until about 11am.

Webp-net-resizeimage.png

Ordered mine via spain earlier this morning - looking forward to it as my first proper drone.

jamesd wrote: »
    Ordered mine via spain earlier this morning - looking forward to it as my first proper drone.

And the coupon worked without issue?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong; on the page in the screenshot 2 posts ago I copy the coupon code and click preorder. The next page shows full price, ship from ES and I click preorder. Once its in my cart I proceed to checkout where I add the coupon, this gives a $28 discount bringing the total to $400 :confused:

I tried it on my phone and PC and now on their app, with a FB login and a new account, both the same. I was trying yesterday too but the number of vouchers used was exceeded or something.

I opened a ticket with them but they said it would take 2 days for a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

unhappyBB wrote: »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong; on the page in the screenshot 2 posts ago I copy the coupon code and click preorder. The next page shows full price, ship from ES and I click preorder. Once its in my cart I proceed to checkout where I add the coupon, this gives a $28 discount bringing the total to $400 :confused:

I tried it on my phone and PC and now on their app, with a FB login and a new account, both the same. I was trying yesterday too but the number of vouchers used was exceeded or something.

I'm in the same boat here, best price I can get is €344.20 (with delivery but no insurance) with the discount code from Redriddick.
    Time to decide to pull the trigger on my first drone or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

€344 is still a very good price for it. It's unlikely to drop back to the original deal tomorrowe (but could).

EDIT - Wasn't the original offer only €339??
    So it could be just the exchange rate?

Another Edit - If you pay is USD it may drop the price a little more.

unhappyBB wrote: »

I used redriddicks code - Use bGhOnEy10 will get 40 bucks off

Suckit wrote: »
    €344 is still a very good price for it. It's unlikely to drop back to the original deal tomorrowe (but could).

EDIT - Wasn't the original offer only €339??
    So it could be just the exchange rate?

Another Edit - If you pay is USD it may drop the price a little more.

Cheers for that, paid in USD through Revolut and it came €338. Also for anyone ordering in the future I used Quidco and they have £17.60 tracked so if that comes back happy days.
    Looking forward to it.

Which code brought it to €338?
    bghoney10 and bgtt10 both reduce it to $380 (€346)
    Unless you are including the quidco cashback?

Suckit wrote: »
    Which code brought it to €338?
    bghoney10 and bgtt10 both reduce it to $380 (€346)
    Unless you are including the quidco cashback?

bGhOnEy10. I didn't take the insurance

I bit the bullet and used bGhOnEy10. (~€40 off)
    First drone so still in the should I have/shouldnt I have mindset.

It ended up costing €341.87 + P&P €11.96 + Insurance €7.60 = €361.43
    A bit more than what some of the others paid plus I'm not in the draw for the partial refund but at least it's done now. I'll be happy when it gets here.

What else should I be buying in the mean time?
    Where do you guys get your cheap but fast microSD cards?
    How do you edit your videos so they aren't a drawn out pain to watch?

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    bGhOnEy10. I didn't take the insurance
    I wasn't including insurance either. It comes to €346 when I try it. No big deal, I was just curious, I have already bought it.

Also Topcashback UK give 7.2% cashback

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

That’s the 2018 model above ^^

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    That’s the 2018 model above ^^

Yes. I noticed after I put it up and decided to leave it as it has a fair bit of info, although some of the cons are no longer relevant. It was mainly for the people who hadn't a drone before and what to expect of this.

I was also meant to link to this a while back and forgot.

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E010-Mini-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-Headless-Mode-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1066972.html

I'm getting lazier and lazier in this lockdown.....

Advertisement