Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Just spoke to customer care , apparently its not a stock issue but some courier company allocation issue from fulfillment center that delivers to Ireland.

Did anyone ordered and received their coffee maker recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Just spoke to customer care , apparently its not a stock issue but some courier company allocation issue from fulfillment center that delivers to Ireland.

Did anyone ordered and received their coffee maker recently ?

There has been no move on my order i placed on the 24th.. did they indicate when the issue with the courier company is likely to be resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

theduffer wrote: »
    There has been no move on my order i placed on the 24th.. did they indicate when the issue with the courier company is likely to be resolved?

My order from the warehouse placed on the 23rd was dispatched yesterday morning but has not moved still at the "Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit" stage. It is due to be delivered Thursday so will see what happens. Strangely the money came out of my account but a few days ago but the transaction disappeared today and the money is back in my account so not sure what thats about

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Courier issue with Ireland....i orderedmine to a uk parcel motel address....so that cant be problem with irish courier....

• Advertisement

Courier issue with Ireland....i orderedmine to a uk parcel motel address....so that cant be problem with irish courier....

Yep , was thinking to change the delivery address to parcelmotel , but no idea how big and heavy it its , Only coffee machine is 10KG i will add at least one kilo for packaging. if it will fit to locker may be ok , but if not i dont want to pay 25euro extra

just ordered one today - still at £199. in no big rush. once it arrives before Christmas I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Yep , was thinking to change the delivery address to parcelmotel , but no idea how big and heavy it its , Only coffee machine is 10KG i will add at least one kilo for packaging. if it will fit to locker may be ok , but if not i dont want to pay 25euro extra

Just an update....received email there saying it has been dispatched!! Happy days...due to arrive at uk address friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

logistic wrote:
    Whats the other site?

Probably delonghi's own site.

logistic wrote: »
    Whats the other site?

I pm'd the poster here.
    he said that it was co op electrical
    the price there was 200 but has gone up now to 250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

glasso wrote: »
    just ordered one today - still at £199. in no big rush. once it arrives before Christmas I'll be happy.

Yea just got £200 in Amazon vouchers and now at £250... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Anyone know if the esam4200 takes a water filter and if so what filter do I need?
    I can only find filters for other models.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

Anyone know if the esam4200 takes a water filter and if so what filter do I need?
    I can only find filters for other models.

According to their website it does require a cartridge filter, but even with that one attached I would not trust it. It can be used, there is no harm in it, better than nothing. Personally I have filter system installed under the sink and use it for domestic purpose, also fill the water tank when needs.
    I fixed lots off coffees machines equipped with water systems, but none of them could stop 100% the limescale. The coffee boiler and steam boiler always are the victim of it.
    To keep the machine clean, use that cartridge filter provided, descale the machine regularly, I use second stage of water filter (now my water system needs service, I ll do it myself), instead, I use water from Brita water filter.
    One more thing is to remove the brewing unit, clean it up and use silicone grease for brewing sealing and around the piston area, each fortnight. If all these are not working call me :)
    This is the cartridge filter:
    https://www.4delonghi.co.uk/magnifica/esam-4200/water-filter/product.pl?pid=955782&path=606454,640999&refine=filter&model_ref=566716

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

How does this machine compare to the Gaggia Brera? From what I've gathered so far, the Gaggia doesn't have an auto-off function but it's quieter and faster to first brew, with a larger water tank.

My Rancilo Silvia is not getting any love these days and Nespresso is more expensive in the longer run so thinking of moving to a bean-to-cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

emy wrote: »
    According to their website it does require a cartridge filter, but even with that one attached I would not trust it. It can be used, there is no harm in it, better than nothing. Personally I have filter system installed under the sink and use it for domestic purpose, also fill the water tank when needs.
    I fixed lots off coffees machines equipped with water systems, but none of them could stop 100% the limescale. The coffee boiler and steam boiler always are the victim of it.
    To keep the machine clean, use that cartridge filter provided, descale the machine regularly, I use second stage of water filter (now my water system needs service, I ll do it myself), instead, I use water from Brita water filter.
    One more thing is to remove the brewing unit, clean it up and use silicone grease for brewing sealing and around the piston area, each fortnight. If all these are not working call me :)
    This is the cartridge filter:
    https://www.4delonghi.co.uk/magnifica/esam-4200/water-filter/product.pl?pid=955782&path=606454,640999&refine=filter&model_ref=566716

Hi Emy,

Interesting post about machine maintenance. I use a brita jug to filter the water i put in my machine and descale it when the descale light comes on the machine. I also use the silicone grease as in this video.

What do you mean by lubricating the piston area? Is there a youtube video showing what to do?

TIA

Hi Emy,

Interesting post about machine maintenance. I use a brita jug to filter the water i put in my machine and descale it when the descale light comes on the machine. I also use the silicone grease as in this video.

What do you mean by lubricating the piston area? Is there a youtube video showing what to do?

TIA

Well, "brewing sealing and around the piston area", remove the O-ring clean it up, get a screwdriver and remove the sieve and clean it inside of it, put the sieve against the light and see if all the holes are cleaned of stuck waste coffee, if not get a needle and clean them out. Any movement parts inside the brewing unit (most are plastic), put a bit of silicon to have nice movement up and down. When all the parts are nice and clean, put them back together and grease the O-ring around it.
    The most important thing for an automatic machine is the brewing unit, if is not cleaned ant greased it will:
    - put to much pressure to the group gear motor and it will be jammed or burn (in time).
    - noise will be louder
    - the temp. of the moving parts it will increase, beside the sound it could brake some of them (I have seen a few times)
    These are only a few things which could occur as a result of poor maintenance of the brewing unit..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭supue

That's a new one for me - I have never done anything to grease that in over a year of daily usage. Any suggestions of where I could pick up that food safe grease around Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Nespresso machine for sale :)

I plumped for the Melitta cafe Solo - warehouse deal after discount £145. Arrived yesterday - now wonder why I didn't go bean to cup years ago.

If you see the Melitta machines on offer, they are superb and unbelievably easy to clean / maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jo Satan

I contacted Amazon this morning, they said that they were 'upgrading' my delivery method and
    that I should expect delivery between the 5th and 7th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ryant1981

Jo Satan wrote: »
    I contacted Amazon this morning, they said that they were 'upgrading' my delivery method and
    Hey Jo, when did you place your order ?

• Advertisement

They upgraded mine good few days ago , order placed on 23rd early morning . No movement yet , no eta , no dispatch .
    As an apology they gave me one more month free prime membership. but i dont need prime membership , i need my coffee machine

Does your order shows estimated delivery time on order details page ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

They upgraded mine good few days ago , order placed on 23rd early morning . No movement yet , no eta , no dispatch .
    As an apology they gave me one more month free prime membership. but i dont need prime membership , i need my coffee machine

I ordered mine on 23rd from their warehouse. It was delivered today. Looking forward to my coffee....Not bad for €170.00

givecredit wrote: »
    I ordered mine on 23rd from their warehouse. It was delivered today. Looking forward to my coffee....Not bad for €170.00

The warehouse items coming from different fulfillment center according to their customer care .

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jo Satan

ryant1981 wrote: »
    Hey Jo, when did you place your order ?

I ordered on the 23rd Nov

No update on my order details page.
    When you were told of an upgrade did you get a firm date?

supue wrote: »
    That's a new one for me - I have never done anything to grease that in over a year of daily usage. Any suggestions of where I could pick up that food safe grease around Dublin?

Amazon has lots of these. I do not know where you can get here in Dublin, though the one I got, I bought it from somewhere in Dublin but i can not remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

givecredit wrote: »

Don’t forget to register your machine below for 3 bags of coffee and a descaler kit

http://delonghioffers.com/coffee/

http://www.debenhams.ie/wcsstore/DebenhamsIESite/Img/PDF_Popup/131117_ECAM350.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Delivery date pending on mine too.

Ordered the 23rd.

I ordered on the 23rd Nov

No update on my order details page.
    When you were told of an upgrade did you get a firm date?

No firm date given, still same issue, will contact them in the afternoon to see what's the story now

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

mad m wrote: »
    Don’t forget to register your machine below for 3 bags of coffee and a descaler kit

http://delonghioffers.com/coffee/

http://www.debenhams.ie/wcsstore/DebenhamsIESite/Img/PDF_Popup/131117_ECAM350.pdf

Hi,
    On that website says onli for UK residents http://delonghioffers.com/coffee/
    how did you manage to get it posted to IE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭racersedge

Just fell across this thread. At least I’m not the only one waiting on it! Ordered it for the wife for Christmas and was hovering over the idea of cancelling. At least I’m not the only one in the waiting boat!

Advertisement