Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭CoBo55

beauf wrote: »
    Probably the majority of people?

I dunno why but the WiFi on my Hub 3 has always dropped on a regular basis whereas my own router does not. The ethernet doesn't do anything like as frequently. So it's not the connection it's the hardware.

I everytime I complain to VM I have to drop back to their default settings to get support to look at it. They don't support bridge mode. Tbh is a pain in the house having multiple routers.

Are you running two separate wireless networks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Are you running two separate wireless networks?

Sometimes 1 ,2 or 3 depending on the situation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Often using the same SSID - with a preference for network quality on the browsing device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

phobia2011 wrote: »
    So from what I’ve read, don’t expect virgin to offer me any new deal? Start looking elsewhere.

Eir or sky?

I’d say anywhere but Eir. They’re abit of a clusterf*** when it comes to support or customer services. Check twitter / facebook

Often using the same SSID - with a preference for network quality on the browsing device.

I might run over using a power line to extend its reach or strength. One for the younger kids one for everything else. Lots of reasons to have more than one WiFi. At work we have one for IT and another for everyone else. Different floors etc.

But only the hub 3 wifi regularly randomly drops while everything else doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Can i expect to be on hold for ages if i try reach out to them this week.

If you're in at that level why in god's name are you using the hub 3 at all? ( Other than just a modem obviously).
    I've had my hub 3 in modem mode since the first week it was installed, using the guide on boards I have used the Archer C8 and never ever had a problem with WiFi.

If you're in at that level why in god's name are you using the hub 3 at all? ( Other than just a modem obviously).
    I've had my hub 3 in modem mode since the first week it was installed, using the guide on boards I have used the Archer C8 and never ever had a problem with WiFi.

Ditto here- only I use an R8000 Nighthawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Called today get LOYALTY OFFER - 9 MONTHS HALF PRICE

refered the VD BB offer- €20 for 6 and €45 for another 6, given 9 MONTHS HALF PRICE for 12 months contract, very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pablo57

Would you mind linking to that guide?

• Advertisement

I wasn't for over a year.

But because I've issues since the lock down, I have to contact support. They won't deal with you if its on bridge mode. You have to have it in the default settings.

pablo57 wrote: »
    Would you mind linking to that guide?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057367191
    I’m on the iPad hopefully this link works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

you2008 wrote: »
    Called today get LOYALTY OFFER - 9 MONTHS HALF PRICE

refered the VD BB offer- €20 for 6 and €45 for another 6, given 9 MONTHS HALF PRICE for 12 months contract, very happy with it.

Was only offered 6 months half price, it seems to depend on who you get.

Told them it’s too expensive, and I’ll be leaving. They might ring back at some stage, but to be honest I’m ok with leaving - 90 Euro a month for BB and basic TV too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

chases0102 wrote: »
    Was only offered 6 months half price, it seems to depend on who you get.

Told them it’s too expensive, and I’ll be leaving. They might ring back at some stage, but to be honest I’m ok with leaving - 90 Euro a month for BB and basic TV too much.

actually, I left and told them want to do monthly,and after two month rolling, called them back. may be that is why

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'm paying €62 a month now for 250MB BB and home phone with Virgin after the last discount expired. :eek:.
    I see Vodafone have 500 Fibre Broadband Unlimited at €30 for 12 months on a 12 month contract (with landline phone if needed at same price) includes a router and installation.
    After 12 months goes up to €60 (€65 with a phone).
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/broadband/broadband-offers.html?qs=Yj0vc2hvcC9icm9hZGJhbmQuaHRtbCZzbz05NTI4OTU2LDk1MjQ3NjYsOTUyNDU0Niw5NTI4ODA2LDk1MjQzMTYsOTUyNDU4Niw5NTI0NDY2LDk1MTcwNzYsOTUxNjExNiZhPTMwLCBNRUFET1dGSUVMRCwgQ0FSUklDS01JTkVTLCBEVUJMSU4gMTgsIER1YmxpbiwgRDE4QVg1NyZiYWNrUGFnZT0vc2hvcC9icm9hZGJhbmQtbGFuZGxpbmUtc2VydmljZWFiaWxpdHkuaHRtbCZhcz0xMDAwJnByPWZhbHNl
    Rang Virgin, told them wasn't happy with signal & price and was going to change so they said they would send someone out to check the signal first.
    He said if the signal is improved, he'll discuss the cost of it.
    If signal improves and next offer isn't €30 for 12 months i.e. 50% off for 12 months, I'll be gone.
    Have already cancelled 2 mobiles with Virgin so probably will be Virgin free by next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'm paying €62 a month now for 250MB BB and home phone with Virgin after the last discount expired. :eek:.
    I see Vodafone have 500 Fibre Broadband Unlimited at €30 for 12 months on a 12 month contract (with landline phone if needed at same price) includes a router and installation.
    After 12 months goes up to €60 (€65 with a phone).
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/broadband/broadband-offers.html?qs=Yj0vc2hvcC9icm9hZGJhbmQuaHRtbCZzbz05NTI4OTU2LDk1MjQ3NjYsOTUyNDU0Niw5NTI4ODA2LDk1MjQzMTYsOTUyNDU4Niw5NTI0NDY2LDk1MTcwNzYsOTUxNjExNiZhPTMwLCBNRUFET1dGSUVMRCwgQ0FSUklDS01JTkVTLCBEVUJMSU4gMTgsIER1YmxpbiwgRDE4QVg1NyZiYWNrUGFnZT0vc2hvcC9icm9hZGJhbmQtbGFuZGxpbmUtc2VydmljZWFiaWxpdHkuaHRtbCZhcz0xMDAwJnByPWZhbHNl
    Rang Virgin, told them wasn't happy with signal & price and was going to change so they said they would send someone out to check the signal first.
    He said if the signal is improved, he'll discuss the cost of it.
    If signal improves and next offer isn't €30 for 12 months i.e. 50% off for 12 months, I'll be gone.
    Have already cancelled 2 mobiles with Virgin so probably will be Virgin free by next month.

Good luck with that.

VM will take no responsibility for Wi-Fi signal. You might get them down to 50 a month for 6 months or something.

Go with the Vodafone.

Good luck with that.

VM will take no responsibility for Wi-Fi signal. You might get them down to 50 a month for 6 months or something.

Go with the Vodafone.

The days of listening to a sales guy telling me how much better their (expensive) services are finished, Virgin Broadband is good but not at those prices anymore.

The days of listening to a sales guy telling me how much better their (expensive) services are finished, Virgin Broadband is good but not at those prices anymore.

We have options now that even 18 months ago- we could only dream of.

I'm still holding out for SIRO- I'd like to bypass anything whatsoever to do with Eircom.

We have options now that even 18 months ago- we could only dream of.

I'm still holding out for SIRO- I'd like to bypass anything whatsoever to do with Eircom.

Yep.
    Thankfully I have Siro available to me and at prices well under Virgin's offerings.
    1000GB with Vodafone €30 or Sky €40 a month on 12 month contract.
    Virgin going to start to lose a lot of business if they don't start bringing their prices down as more people get alternatives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

im sick sh1t of virgin breaking down I live in cork city alternatives shouldn't be an issue whats my best options

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

mean gene wrote: »
    im sick sh1t of virgin breaking down I live in cork city alternatives shouldn't be an issue whats my best options

cheers

I'm in cork city all I can get is about 70megs with vodafone which also breaks down all the time, far away hills, you only hope is siro is available where you are.

Is this the virgin media thread where I can get a good deal on broadband internet only I’m switching from eir don’t ask why or I’ll scream Which is best 250mb or 360mb

Is there any boards deals?
    Thank you

Yep.
    Thankfully I have Siro available to me and at prices well under Virgin's offerings.
    1000GB with Vodafone €30 or Sky €40 a month on 12 month contract.
    Virgin going to start to lose a lot of business if they don't start bringing their prices down as more people get alternatives.

Cancelled my Virgin Broadband yesterday.
    Was asked the usual "why are you cancelling?", told him it was too expensive nowadays and he said "that's fine, I'll put the cancellation in motion" and that was that, no offer whatsoever.
    Wouldn't have taken it anyway but it would have been nice to have an offer just to see.
    1GB Siro at half the price that Virgin were charging me for 250MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Good luck with that.

Go with the Vodafone.

in fairness to VM i gave them a buzz a few months back. we had really bad signal all of a sudden.
    they sent a lad out and he ran new cables from the street up to the front door and swapped out the point in the kitchen and put new cable from the point to router. much better service since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Renewed with Virgin earlier. 250mb broadband + phone for €30 for 6 months and €60 after. I was thinking of switching to Eir but was getting terrible speeds when I was with them a few years back. Whereas I pretty much get the full 250mb most of the time with Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

I am a long time customer out of contract almost 2 years on BB & Phone for €65pm. I was on to them today but best offer I got was €47 for 9 months & back to €62 on new 250Mb option. I didn't feel it was going anywhere so just told them to cancel it. Got my cancellation confirmation email this eve.

Should I wait for them to ring re: further discounted offer or should I ring back myself? Have signed up to Vodafone offer but would prefer to stay where I am if I got a decent offer. Anyone with similar recent experience?

TIA

Jayprey wrote: »
    I am a long time customer out of contract almost 2 years on BB & Phone for €65pm. I was on to them today but best offer I got was €47 for 9 months & back to €62 on new 250Mb option. I didn't feel it was going anywhere so just told them to cancel it. Got my cancellation confirmation email this eve.

Should I wait for them to ring re: further discounted offer or should I ring back myself? Have signed up to Vodafone offer but would prefer to stay where I am if I got a decent offer. Anyone with similar recent experience?

TIA

You should get a mail from them saying "give us a ring if you want to discuss etc...."
    250MB at €54.50 a month for 12 months isn't cheap any more.
    What's the Vodafone offer?

You should get a mail from them saying "give us a ring if you want to discuss etc...."
    250MB at €54.50 a month for 12 months isn't cheap any more.
    What's the Vodafone offer?

Thanks okidoki987 for the reply,
    Vodafone offer is €20 for 6 months, €40 for next 6 months on 12 month contract. I got that email this evening, you think I should ring and see or wait it out?

Thanks again
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi all,

My 12 month contract will be coming to an end In 30ish days.
    I am on the €55 per month (phone, bb, tv and sky sports). What deals are people getting coming off that?
    I would prefer to stay with virgin but did see a sky deal €55 per month tv, Netflix
    , bb and phone.
    Just starting to look into it now.

Thanks,
    :)

• Advertisement

Jayprey wrote: »
    Thanks okidoki987 for the reply,
    Vodafone offer is €20 for 6 months, €40 for next 6 months on 12 month contract. I got that email this evening, you think I should ring and see or wait it out?

Thanks again
    J

Hi all, chanced my arm and rang again. Got talking to really sound guy and after 2/3 mins of chatting I was offered 9 months half price. Delighted with that - Vodafone cancelled!

J

Advertisement