Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nespresso. Free machine. No subscription

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Thanks OP! I was caught between the Vertuo & Vertuo Plus.

Went for Plus as I think it looks better & wanted the newer design.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

893bet wrote: »
    Nespresso are such bastards for making you buy this.....Oh wait....free will....

Let’s look at the choices.

So the cost of this is any where from 110-130 euro or so depending on which 200 pods you select. Let’s call it 120.

For that 120 you can

1) Buy 200 pods, add no machine, pay 120, stare at pods at home wondering why the **** you bought them.

2) Buy 30 Starbucks or go local and get 40 coffees in your local cafe.

3) Buy 500 of the older variation Aldi pods (assuming you have a old machine to use them)

4) Save up some more and buy more bean to cup things a magig if that’s your thing

Or

And the purpose of this thread is similar to the first option,

6) Buy the 200 pods, add the machine, still only pay 120, and drink that coffee.

Lastly, which is what I suggest a lot of the posters do:

Take the 120 (have it in 5 ers preferably with a twenty wrapped on the outside so you feel rich), fold it over so you think you have twice as much again, and shove it back up your tight arse with the rest of your holy communion money for safe keeping.

Genuinely one of my favourite boards posts ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

My Nespresso machine finally gave up after must be nearly 15 years. I had one of the real early ones, with an espresso type arm into which the pod sat, before you turned and rightened like a real espresso machine. Tbf, owed me nothing after all those years.

Anyway, looking at this deal, saw they also have an Essenzi Mini (original capsule) machine + 100 capsules + 1 month subscription (another 100 capsules I think) for the total of €69. Seems fantastic value or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭goose06

Biggest thing for me with the subscription is the 24 month duration but if you'd get through that amount of coffee then is probably not an issue for you.
    Buddy97mm wrote: »
    My Nespresso machine finally gave up after must be nearly 15 years. I had one of the real early ones, with an espresso type arm into which the pod sat, before you turned and rightened like a real espresso machine. Tbf, owed me nothing after all those years.

Anyway, looking at this deal, saw they also have an Essenzi Mini (original capsule) machine + 100 capsules + 1 month subscription (another 100 capsules I think) for the total of €69. Seems fantastic value or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

goose06 wrote:
    Biggest thing for me with the subscription is the 24 month duration but if you'd get through that amount of coffee then is probably not an issue for you.

Thanks, didn't realise the subscription plan tied you in for 24 months! Website makes you think you can cancel whenever you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Not free and sorry for going OT, but I bought a Nespresso Essenza Mini in my local shop for €69. Registered it and have received 100 random free pods. They arrived on Friday. Also, got credit that amounted to €34 so I was able to order another 100 of my choice today and only had to add a fiver to complete the order and free delivery... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭893bet

goose06 wrote: »

I was in a subscription up until April just gone and it was only 12 months?

Here in the faq
    attachment.php?attachmentid=518154&d=1593382110
    893bet wrote: »
    I was in a subscription up until April just gone and it was only 12 months?

They must have changed the length recently enough. 12 months is relatively short when they are providing a “free” machine.

The deal on this thread is far better than any subscription!.

twirlagig wrote: »
    Not free and sorry for going OT, but I bought a Nespresso Essenza Mini in my local shop for €69. Registered it and have received 100 random free pods. They arrived on Friday. Also, got credit that amounted to €34 so I was able to order another 100 of my choice today and only had to add a fiver to complete the order and free delivery... :)

Where did you get this deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

bubblypop wrote: »

There was (possibly still is) a promo going for the last few weeks on the older style machines, think they were going for €50-60 depending on model. Each coming with 100 free pods and according to HUKD you could also sign up to the subscription for a month and get another 100 pods. I suspect the above posters €34 credit is due to their account history and/or new machine registration.

When I ordered the Vertuo I had a €15 discount on my account, you get them every now and then so it could have been that plus new machine discount too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

bubblypop wrote: »

Got it my local electrical shop which is Euronics...
    https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/offers/summer-promotion

https://euronics.ie/product/nespresso-essenza-red-coffee-machine/

That’s the one I got

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

I have the mini in red currently which we will probably move to the home office once the new machine comes. It's a great little one no complaints with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭fat bloke

The essenza mini plan is the best option IMO.
    12 months subscription for 20 quid a month and you get a machine for 1 euro.
    Every penny of the 20 quid is credit, usable for capsules, money I would pay anyway as we easily go through that much in the house.
    Older system so you can buy generics too.
    Machine is yours so you can gift or sell it after 12 months and start again with a new machine.

If you want a fancier machine or vertuo capsules or one that processes milk then it's another story. The basic espresso mini is the most bargainous

• Administrators Posts: 53,327 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone here with the VertuoPlus machine tell me how tall it is when the lid is open? It looks a lot taller than the originals, want to make sure it'd fit in the same space as my current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

bk wrote: »
    For €200 you would be better off on looking out for the €240 deals that pop up from time to time on Delonghi Automatic Bean machines.

Ok, it wouldn't include the coffee, but bags of beans are so much cheaper then Nespresso pods, it will be cheaper overall after just a few months.

I went from the original Nespresso Machines to a Delonghi a few years ago, at the time I wasn't sure given the expense, but it has worked out as one of the best investments I've ever made. If it broke in the morning I'd buy a new one straight away without hesitation.
    There's quite a range of them.

Any particular one that you would recommend?

Just got an email to say they are out of stock & my order is on hold, doesn't say whats out of stock, assuming its the machine.

• Administrators Posts: 53,327 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

goose06 wrote: »
    Just got an email to say they are out of stock & my order is on hold, doesn't say whats out of stock, assuming its the machine.

The black machine was out of stock earlier on the site when I went to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

I'd be tempted by the OP offer only for the inevitable divorce :D

Have a Nespresso & a Tassimo already so I'd be moving out with three machines to support

Apparently you can get a refillable metal capsule for the Vertuo machines

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cafilas-Reusable-Compatible-Nespresso-Vertuoline/dp/B07W4BGH22/ref=sr_1_7?adgrpid=86398336683&dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoub3BRC6ARIsABGhnyZsHjw0JlNusvHQCnNqS5OWrW4uLUm9NALMjv_miuuWlNmYljhehNIaAnLkEALw_wcB&hvadid=406156019423&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007850&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=17809085764867331314&hvtargid=kwd-410314182939&hydadcr=25186_1867185&keywords=nespresso+vertuo+reusable+pods&qid=1593445984&sr=8-7&tag=googiehydra-21

Recently bought a small one from China for my small pod Nespresso but hasn't arrived yet

Anyone worried about the waste factor you can recycle the Nespresso & compatible pods (L'or) for free, once they're aluminium

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

awec wrote: »
    Anyone here with the VertuoPlus machine tell me how tall it is when the lid is open? It looks a lot taller than the originals, want to make sure it'd fit in the same space as my current one.

About 16.5 inches with the top open, just measured there now. Takes up a decent amount of worktop space but is a quality piece of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I've never had one of these machines and plan on purchasing now, as this offer seems good, I had thought of purchasing with the previous offer but this seems better. Can someone whose had a few of these machines advise me which one to get and if the assorted pack of pods is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

How long is this offer going to last?!
    I can't order until I get paid again

awec wrote: »
    The black machine was out of stock earlier on the site when I went to order.

funny that's what they offered me, I told them I'd wait for the Red to come back into stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

august12 wrote: »
    I've never had one of these machines and plan on purchasing now, as this offer seems good, I had thought of purchasing with the previous offer but this seems better. Can someone whose had a few of these machines advise me which one to get and if the assorted pack of pods is the best option.

Just get the Vertuo plus m8.

Can't advise you on the coffee, that's down to personal taste. Nespresso rate the strength intensity of the coffee, the higher the number, the stronger the coffee.
    so I guess, if you like "strong" coffee, you could start with the higher intensity, and visa versa if you like mild coffee.

I don't see any logic in getting the old machines, unless you happen to like buying generic capsules which aren't as nice and cost nearly as much.

I certainly don't see any logic in filling your own capsules, wouldn't it be easier to buy a machine that just took your spoon of coffee, without a capsule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Got shipping notifiation today, I ordered the Vertuo Plus Machine so maybe they're still in stock. No colour option when I ordered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

august12 wrote: »

The assorted selection has pods for large cups, single and double shot expressos and decaf so if you drink all them it's a good starting point. I usually drink large cups so would select my own with maybe a few double espresso ones for making a frothy cappuccino of a Sunday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Thanks 893bet, great bargain.

I got the " order on hold" email today.
    I rang them this evening to see what the story was, and was told the machine will be shipped next Monday 6th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭torrevieja

in the 200 capsules are any made with milk , ie do i need a milk frother too?

also is there much hassle cleaning these?

torrevieja wrote: »
    whats with this recycling collection and recycling bag do they collect ur waste ?

also is there much hassle cleaning these

You can arrange collection yes. Or else drop of at a brown thomas boutique.

No cleaning really. Have to descale occasional depending how much you use the machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Thanks OP! I was caught between the Vertuo & Vertuo Plus.

Went for Plus as I think it looks better & wanted the newer design.

Verto plus is newer and cheaper €199,

the other older one is €239 different capsules

Advertisement