Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso. Free machine. No subscription

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Now that the economy is in the crapper is it still called a “boutique”?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

bk wrote: »
    For €200 you would be better off on looking out for the €240 deals that pop up from time to time on Delonghi Automatic Bean machines.

Ok, it wouldn't include the coffee, but bags of beans are so much cheaper then Nespresso pods, it will be cheaper overall after just a few months.

I went from the original Nespresso Machines to a Delonghi a few years ago, at the time I wasn't sure given the expense, but it has worked out as one of the best investments I've ever made. If it broke in the morning I'd buy a new one straight away without hesitation.

Curious about the cleaning of these type machines. Is it much of a burden?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Jonesy101 wrote: »
    I got a Nespress Vertuo in January, coffee is great and really handy and recommended it to parents and inlaws, but now the pods ares starting to add up, spend about 50E a month on pods, yes cheaper than going out for coffee but its still a fair whack. Interested in this Delonghi Idea... they all seem to be about 500-1000 quid though on currys.

The magnifica listed in the boards thread is currently £251 on amazon

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001EOMZ5E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rfX9Eb2TMNG8G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There are tonnes of compostable pod options now.

There are now but were other deciding factors, 5-6g of coffee just isn't enough IMO. I now use 16g in my double espresso americano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I normally buy from discountcoffee.ie During the week I got 12kg of beans delivered for about €111.

The pods are very handy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

893bet wrote: »
    This bothers me also a little and is actually one of the reasons I use the Nespresso pods as they will take them back in recycling bags. I drop them to the boutique once every few months.

If you contact Nespresso by phone you can ask for a Nightline pick up at your door for used pods. Just need to tell them how many bags you've filled. No you can order and dispose without leaving your home!!

I think the long-term plan is to have a stop point at Parcel Motel.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Have a bean to cup machine myself,

Paid about 185 euros from the amazon warehouse about 4 years ago,

You can buy any coffee bean you like for it and so much cheaper then nespreso I am talking about 14 euros a bag of 1K coffee and that’s for good beans online

You get about 120 cups for 14 euros this weeks out 11.5c a cup of fresh ground coffee that’s the very same as what you get in a coffee shop

If you like coffee buy a bean go cup there amazing value for money

Hey, which bean to cup machine did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

astrofluff wrote: »
    If you contact Nespresso by phone you can ask for a Nightline pick up at your door for used pods. Just need to tell them how many bags you've filled. No you can order and dispose without leaving your home!!

I think the long-term plan is to have a stop point at Parcel Motel.

Yep nightline took back four bags for us last week..the vertuo capsules are bulky.. the machine can usually be bought for around 100 euro on sale... Have the old and new machine type..prefer the new.. yes it's patent crap to lock you into Nespresso only pods but the rotation makes the coffee smoother.. it's not cheap coffee but it's consistently good and convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Maybe I have an account specific deal but I am getting a further discount of around 15 euro for buying 200 capsules. I can also select the machine for 239 with the bigger water tank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

So the eco friendly solution to these is to have a van drive to my house and pick up two dozen pods every week, rather than just put one empty bag of beans into my green bin? The planet is saved!

In all seriousness though if you want to save money in the long run a bean to cup machine is the way to go. You don't have to enjoy coffee as a hobby to have a convenient, nice coffee solution with real beans. Plenty of bean to cup options out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If you want good cheap coffee those 30 euro tassimo machines do the job perfectly. Plenty of choice and availability on the pods and they work out around 20 cent each.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

coach22 wrote: »
    Maybe I have an account specific deal but I am getting a further discount of around 15 euro for buying 200 capsules. I can also select the machine for 239 with the bigger water tank

I had the same discount and could add the 239 machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Doesnt seem to work for me:

Added these 2:
    https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/order/capsules/vertuo/barista-creations-100-capsule-assortment-vertuo

Then added this:
    https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/order/machines/vertuo/vertuo-next-classic-black

At the checkout its still looking for €328.40. What an I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭SheroP

What’s difference between vertuo and vertuo plus??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Works fine here, thanks OP.
    Already have one, but it's a bit of a no brainer, to refuse a free machine, when I was about to order capsules anyway.

For €128

200 of my favourite capsules, (better than the previous offer, where they chose the capsules).
    a free machine
    the starter pack of capsules which come free with the machine.
    and my free coffee mug, (from the previous promotion)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

rks wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to work for me:

At the checkout its still looking for €328.40. What an I doing wrong?

You need to add 200 capsules you are only adding 100. The offer is on the front page.

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/vertuo-promotion

Edit - I see you added two of them. Did you go all the way to checkout? it work fine for me with your combo and takes the deduction off at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

We have a big nespresso machine in work and I think it gives a decent coffee.
    Ordered a selection of 4x50 pods for the mug size came to €129 inc the €239 vertuo and a starter selection of pods. Wouldn’t be used everyday so pods will last about a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭goose06

Cheers OP needed capsules for an older machine so went and ordered these, current machine cost €100 5 years ago so it owes us nothing and if the new machine is built as well then it'll see plenty of use over the coming years. I'll bring the old one into the office as our communal tea/coffee areas are being closed off over covid so it'll be handy to have on my desk to get my fix during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Mr.S wrote: »
    I disagree. The machines are good and this is also a good deal if you want all round standard coffee hassle free.

Obviously Nespresso make their money on pods vs machines (they don't even manufacture them) so there is incentive to get people onto machines. The new Vertuo pods are pretty decent if you prefer longer coffees vs espresso / lattes on the original machines though.

I really never got the Nespresso hate, main benefit of Nespresso machines / pods is the convenience and producing a decent coffee within 30 seconds without fail.

Of course there are cheaper / "better" alternatives, but that's the same with everything. The vast majority of people do not want to bother with beans, buying them, grinders etc. Connivence over effort. (Yes I know it's not that much effort)
    The only person I know with a nespresso machine, has one that doesn't restrict non-standard capsules the way this one does - so that he can use a reusable capsule, filled with coffee from a grinder...

Capsules are multiple times the price, it produces huge amounts of unneccessary waste where the majority does NOT get recycled, this particular machine forces monopoly use of approved capsules - a monopoly where there is child labour in nespressos coffee supply chain...(remember, this is Nestle you're dealing with here - the company that is notorious for its baby milk scandal, promoting the use of its baby formula for newborns over breast milk, in poor communities in parts of the world where this leads to malnutrition and excess deaths).

So yea, there's a diverse number of reasons to spend the extra few seconds it takes, to make a coffee from beans and boycott everything Nestle related.

Seems pretty straight forward to hack the pods to make them refillable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭893bet

“Hacking” pods literally ruins the one reason to buy the machine. Convenience and relatively decent coffee.

“Hacking” pods literally ruins the one reason to buy the machine. Convenience and relatively decent coffee.

I agree tt was mainly for the people in the thread complaining about cost. You are in BA remember. At least lets people know they have the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭aisling86

Thanks for this! Just ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

I’m going to order . Bit of a choice of machines. If you go in through link you are offered Vertuo plus in 3 colors ( ? Delonghi brand) @ €199 or Vertuo for €239. I assumed plus would be better and more expensive but apparently not. You can also just add any Vertuo without going through link and discount given . On main site without offer link choice of (1) Vertuo plus lim edition in 4 colors €199 or (2) Vertuo plus @ €239. Two black colors shown . One seems to be Breville and one Delonghi - ( diff shaped tops) but priced at €199 in offer page and €239 here. I’m confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

No major difference between the machines I think other than one is slightly newer and presumably more refined. Decent comparison here; https://ggccoffee.com/nespresso-vertuo-vs-vertuoplus/

I went for the plus just because it was free anyway so might as well get the newer machine. I've a classic machine I'll keep on the go for another while still as I do like to try some of the compatibles and the pods are a bit dearer for the Vertuo. But 200 pods for €100 ish and a new machine is a bargain no matter how you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

You’re right, I’m overthinking it. Good deal as I was thinking of updating my old machine. Will keep for a while to use up old pods but looking forward to trying Vertuo. Wonder if it’s as noisy as original machine ? Hope not !

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Excellent customer service.
    My order had the vertuo listed not the plus.
    Emailed them this morning and had a call back an hour later, all sorted.
    Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

For instant gratification the offer is available in-store also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭samo

Happy with this :) Have been wanting one of these Vertuo machines for a while now, even though the pods definitely more pricey but with a little home-office set up going on in the back garden, delighted now for 200 pick and choose pods for 123 euro + machine.

Thanks for posting OP!

• Advertisement

Nespresso are such bastards for making you buy this.....Oh wait....free will....

Let’s look at the choices.

So the cost of this is any where from 110-130 euro or so depending on which 200 pods you select. Let’s call it 120.

For that 120 you can

1) Buy 200 pods, add no machine, pay 120, stare at pods at home wondering why the **** you bought them.

2) Buy 30 Starbucks or go local and get 40 coffees in your local cafe.

3) Buy 500 of the older variation Aldi pods (assuming you have a old machine to use them)

4) Save up some more and buy more bean to cup things a magig if that’s your thing

Or

And the purpose of this thread is similar to the first option,

6) Buy the 200 pods, add the machine, still only pay 120, and drink that coffee.

Lastly, which is what I suggest a lot of the posters do:

Take the 120 (have it in 5 ers preferably with a twenty wrapped on the outside so you feel rich), fold it over so you think you have twice as much again, and shove it back up your tight arse with the rest of your holy communion money for safe keeping.

Or for €75.00 I can fly to Rome, have a proper espresso at the airport and fly back :D

Advertisement