Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yi Home Camera 1080p - Flash sale on AliExpress app - €15

• 05-06-2020 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭

To get it for this price you must be a new user and buy it via the app.

Add it to the cart, ship from China, apply store coupon and enter in PHX495BL to bring it down to about €15.

#Aliexpress US $16.80 79%OFF | YI Home Camera 3 1080P HD AI Based Smart Home Camera Security Wireless IP Cam Night Vision Office EU Version Android YI Cloud

https://a.aliexpress.com/_d85Rmoq

Device Spec

1080p High Definition
    112° Wide Angle Lens
    LDC Distortion Correction
    Night Vision IR
    Two-way Audio
    Motion Detection
    Baby Crying Detection
    View Livefeed from PC
    YI Cloud Service

Shot

Night Vision: 8x940nm Enhanced IR Lights
    Night Vision Range: Up to 9m
    Diagonal (112°)

Storage

MicroSD Card(8-32GB), YI Cloud

Work environment

Operating Humidity: <80%
    Operating Temperature: 0℃ ~ 50℃
    Connection: Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz
    Wi-Fi Protocol: 802.11bgn
    Wireless Encryption: WEP/WPA/WPA2 Encryption
    Power: DC5V-1A (Via MicroUSB)
    Compatible Devices: iOS7.0 or Android 4.0 and above
    Minimum bandwidth (upstream) requirement: 1Mbps

Packing list

YI 1080p Home Camera/ AC Adapter/ USB Cable/ User Manual (with Warranty Card)
    Few things to consider before you go ahead:
    Pay by credit card or PayPal so you could be protected in the case if something goes wrong
    Likely you will have a non-UK charger, and you will need an adapter or an adapter will be attached to your order
    use a fee-free card and pay in USD to save a bit more

More details on hukd
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/yi-home-camera-1080p-ip-smart-indoor-ip-camera-hd-night-vision-ai-human-detection-motion-detection-for-home-office-security-3477828

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Been debating trying one of these for a while. Took a chance at €15. Will probably have forgotten about it by the time it arrives :D

Custom firmware available here: https://github.com/TheCrypt0/yi-hack-v4/releases

Edit: I should say that the coupon code above had expired for me but Aliexpress had a new user coupon that brought it down to €15. It was just one of the options to click at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

xckjoo wrote: »
    Been debating trying one of these for a while. Took a chance at €15. Will probably have forgotten about it by the time it arrives :D

Custom firmware available here: https://github.com/TheCrypt0/yi-hack-v4/releases

Edit: I should say that the coupon code above had expired for me but Aliexpress had a new user coupon that brought it down to €15. It was just one of the options to click at checkout.

Yeah the custom ROMs look interesting, i'll definitely be trying them out. I would be interested in the one that allows rtsp and auto upload to Google Drive. I have a Yi dashcam and am very happy with it so i'm hopeful these will be as reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yeah the custom ROMs look interesting, i'll definitely be trying them out. I would be interested in the one that allows rtsp and auto upload to Google Drive. I have a Yi dashcam and am very happy with it so i'm hopeful these will be as reliable.

How do you get around the 5e postage?

odddavey wrote: »
    How do you get around the 5e postage?
    I just paid it....

Camera: €14.46
    Shipping: €5.71
    Seller Saving: -€1.81
    Aliexpress Saving: -€2.66
    Total: €15.70

I just paid it....

Total: €15.70[/quote

Suppose if you buy 2, then you could be hit for customs. So beware folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I just paid it....

Whats the threshold to be be stung for customs and how much would it be , roughly? TIA

BKWDR wrote: »

Whats the threshold to be be stung for customs and how much would it be , roughly? TIA
    I believe anything over 24e, they can charge you.
    As far as I can remember there is an admin fee, then vat of 21%. Should be all up on revenue

Also, following the link , given an option of Yi Home Camera (15 bucks)AND Yi Home Camera 3 (34 bucks)

Looks like the Yi Camera 3 has the baby detection one and not the other? Am i right in that?

Was about to buy 2 of the Yi Home Cameras 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I just paid it....

Maybe not as some of the shipping options are in EU (Spain).

MAJJ wrote: »

Spain came up as not available for me when I was buying. I'd normally go the route of within the EU whenever possible.

Slightly off-topic, but I don't have an issue paying VAT on things. I don't like the handling fee charged by the couriers though. If Revenue had an option to log my purchases from outside the EU and pre-pay the VAT, I'd probably do that with everything. Even if it was under the limit.

• Advertisement

MAJJ wrote: »

Its showing as not available to ship to my address (IRL) from that location. So China or Russia (for 20 bucks)

Ordered 2 of them for 34e delivered so will update on progress but sure china so we see.
    Although small fiddly stuff from China has been slow the bigger stuff ordered seems to get through especially from the big companies which this is

Ordered 2 of them for 34e delivered so will update on progress but sure china so we see.
    Although small fiddly stuff from China has been slow the bigger stuff ordered seems to get through especially from the big companies which this is

Hope you ordered separately. Anything over €26 or there abouts could get caught by customs.

Hope you ordered separately. Anything over €26 or there abouts could get caught by customs.

I didn't order seperate. I was going to then my wife Laughed at me. Then I remembered everything I've ordered from china, bar 1 drone for stung.

I'll let you know if I'm snared

I didn't order seperate. I was going to then my wife Laughed at me. Then I remembered everything I've ordered from china, bar 1 drone for stung.

I'll let you know if I'm snared

You might be lucky, I just got an item delivered that shipped from China 3 weeks ago and it didn't get caught even though it's value is about €50 but been stung many times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

You might be lucky, I just got an item delivered that shipped from China 3 weeks ago and it didn't get caught even though it's value is about €50 but been stung many times before.

From AliExpress? What type shipping method you use as that is quick?

irishchris wrote: »
    From AliExpress? What type shipping method you use as that is quick?

From dhgate, it was shipped via free postage using SF eparcel from China. On further inspection though the envelope says the sender address is in Belgium so I'm not sure what way they transported it. They must have sent a container into the eu and then shipped the contents from Belgium?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Don't see a Paypal option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Think I have just been scammed. Logged into my online banking to find AliExpress charged me 95€ for this camera! When paid for the order it was 15€ now they have raised the price in three order confirmation page and charged my card!
    https://m.imgur.com/a/nqWeJGA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

irishchris wrote: »
    Think I have just been scammed. Logged into my online banking to find AliExpress charged me 95€ for this camera! When paid for the order it was 15€ now they have raised the price in three order confirmation page and charged my card!
    https://m.imgur.com/a/nqWeJGA

Contact aliexpress immediately, they are usually good in dealing with these issue. They usually withheld the money anyway before the product gets delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

That's put me off ordering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I got charged 18 euro.

ALIEXPRESS.COM -18.36

I got charged 18 euro.

ALIEXPRESS.COM -18.36

Did you use the code to bring the price down? Did it say €15 or €18 when you were paying?

This seller has 97% positive feedback and is the company's official store. I'd say it's a mistake of some kind if people are getting overcharged rather than a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

deal has expired (as per hotukdeals link) camera now showing at $24.80 before shipping or discounts.

Did you use the code to bring the price down? Did it say €15 or €18 when you were paying?

This seller has 97% positive feedback and is the company's official store. I'd say it's a mistake of some kind if people are getting overcharged rather than a scam.
    I was only offered bigger discounts but on a bigger spend so left it. Is worth a punt for under 20 quid

I was only offered bigger discounts but on a bigger spend so left it. Is worth a punt for under 20 quid

Sure only difference was 4 quid. Every review I watched said they were 50 dollars.
    Why not

Anyone's arrive yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Anyone's arrive yet?

No, but they emailed to say they only have US plugs and I can have €2 off my next order.

McGaggs wrote: »
    No, but they emailed to say they only have US plugs and I can have €2 off my next order.
    Same with me. Irish plug not available.

Still waiting on it though.

• Advertisement

In general i've had very little of my DHGATE / AliExpress orders that were made at the start of lockdown arrive. Sure listen i know it was always a risk but these were the probably top end of what i spent so hoping they just don't go wayward

Advertisement